How did you meet your significant other?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I met my boyfriend Jeff during my sophomore year of high school in Honors Chemistry class.

My first memory of him would have to be when our teacher, Mrs. Harman, was calling roll and asked him, "Do you go by Jeffrey or Jeff?"

"Either works," he said.

During the first few months of school, the desks were arranged in rows. I sat in the first row and he sat behind me.

One day I turned around to pass a stack of papers to him and I just see tears STREAMING down his face. He legitimately looked like he was quietly crying.

Wow. This guy is strange. I thought to myself. Not wanting to make a scene (and being the only sophomore in a class of juniors), I didn't ask him about it.

Later in the year, our desks were put into pods and I learned, to my relief, that his "crying" was merely a symptom of his yawns. Whenever he yawns, tears just run down his face. Anyways though, we got to know each other a lot better in the pod arrangement. I sat with him, Mackoy (now his college roommate!), and another boy named Ali. I learned that Jeff was shy, kind, and liked video games a lot. By the end of the school year, we had become good friends, and he admitted he had a crush on me.

We hung out throughout the summer and once my junior year started (he was a senior) he asked me out. Though I hesitated at first, I finally had no choice but to say yes. He was just too sweet.

We have been dating for almost a year and a half now and I feel so lucky.

Love,

CB

Met my OH when I started a new job.

Was hitting the rocks in my last relationship which lasted 4 years. And then as I left my ex my OH was there to catch me. Never been so happy 2 and a bit years on. :)

I met my boyfriend Jeff during my sophomore year of high school in Honors Chemistry class.

My first memory of him would have to be when our teacher, Mrs. Harman, was calling roll and asked him, "Do you go by Jeffrey or Jeff?"

"Either works," he said.

During the first few months of school, the desks were arranged in rows. I sat in the first row and he sat behind me.

One day I turned around to pass a stack of papers to him and I just see tears STREAMING down his face. He legitimately looked like he was quietly crying.

Wow. This guy is strange. I thought to myself. Not wanting to make a scene (and being the only sophomore in a class of juniors), I didn't ask him about it.

Later in the year, our desks were put into pods and I learned, to my relief, that his "crying" was merely a symptom of his yawns. Whenever he yawns, tears just run down his face. Anyways though, we got to know each other a lot better in the pod arrangement. I sat with him, Mackoy (now his college roommate!), and another boy named Ali. I learned that Jeff was shy, kind, and liked video games a lot. By the end of the school year, we had become good friends, and he admitted he had a crush on me.

We hung out throughout the summer and once my junior year started (he was a senior) he asked me out. Though I hesitated at first, I finally had no choice but to say yes. He was just too sweet.

We have been dating for almost a year and a half now and I feel so lucky.

Love,

CB
Wow. For me junior year, but chemistry class as well.

My lab partner, as a matter of fact. xD

Posting from my phone is hard :(

Mods, please feel crew to delete this :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese class in college. She was the only good thing to come from my first attempt at college :3 <3

We had just started the second semester, and right as class was about to start, this fine little lady with pigtails and the cutest smile walks in and sits near me. Five or so years late and we just celebrated or first year of marriage :3

I met my boyfriend when I was a sophomore and he was a freshman. He had curly blond hair and I get really nervous around new people. He introduced himself to me and I said "You look like a black women".

We started dating 2 years after that after our teacher put us in a group together. He had to come over to do a film for the project and our third gruop member was late. That gave us about a half hour to talk. We got to know each other better and learned that we actually liked each others personalities.

We have been dating for 8 months now and I am pretty sure we are soul mates. I even got him into TAMAGOTCHIS!!!!!! We are both anxiously waiting for the chance to trade for two or buy two!!!

Funnily enough, I actually met my girlfriend on this very website.

We were friends for a while, talking via TamaCHAT! and Skype and stuff, before we became a couple in April last year c:

we still haven't met in person yet tho i'd like to do that

My current significant other I met on a dating site. I noticed on his profile that he was pretty cute, and I messaged him since we seemed to share similar interests. We didn't start a relationship right away, as I had just gotten out of a 3 year one and I had only made that profile to see what the site was all about; i.e. I wasn't even looking for someone. I was just trying to make friends, and he made a fantastic one. After a month or so of talking, (while I had a crush on someone else) I kind of developed feelings for him after we had skyped and IMed a TON on facebook. And then a week ago, we finally decided to meet on a double movie date with my friends, and we hit it off right away and decided to make it official. I wasn't planning to find another boyfriend so fast, but I am really happy I did, he's a much better match for me than any of the other people I have dated and we get along really, really well and can always find stuff that we both enjoy.

Believe it or not, I met my boyfriend online. We've been together for 4 months now, and we've Skyped every night since January 1st, the day we started dating. Long distance relationships are hard, but they are worth it if both of you are truly committed. He is visiting me for my birthday! My mother has talked to him and I have spoken to his mother, they both agreed that it would be nice. :) <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back