How do you connect?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xero

Reaction score
So as far as I've heard, if I click the heart and then select the version on my V3 Tamagotchi that I can connect them. I click V3 or others and put the purple things next to each other (what are those called?) But, it doesn't work. I try to select playmate but it won't let me. I also select V3 and then for one click present and the other visit but that doesn't work. Is it a malfunction on my part? I'm very new to this as I'm sure you could tell. Thanks for the help!

So if you're connecting two V3s together, make sure you select the Version 3 option. Then you'll be presented with three additional options: Game, Present and Visit.
On both toys, select the same option. They'll both say "Standby". Face them towards each other. Now on one toy press the middle button and it'll change to "Connect". The other will sense it and also connect automatically.
The reason you need to press the button on only one of them is to make it the connection "host".

Now if you're connecting it to another version (like a v4.5), on your v3 and your 4.5, select "Other", face both toys towards each other and like before press the middle button on one of them to start the connection.

Thank you so much! My other V3 is sleeping but I tried it with my V3 and 4.5. They started eating bread (I think) but they didn't go into the same tamagotchi. This was when I pressed the middle button on my V3 but when I did it on my 4.5, my V3 went to my 4.5's 'house.' I'll update later when my other V3 wakes up. Am I doing something wrong again?

Yeah when connecting using "Others" it makes the toys act like they're both two V1 toys connecting. V1s could connect but it would be random on what happened. (which you've likely noticed when using Others). You can more easily notice this on the V2 as it has two options: Ver. 2 and Ver. 1.
If making a V2 connect to other versions you'd need to select Ver. 1 despite it maybe not being a V1 that you're connecting with.
Due to how Ver. 1/Others works, you can connect any toy to each other from V1 to V4.5!

However for full connection features it has to be with the same version of toys.

Wow! That's a lot. Just to double check, V1 is different than P1 and same for two right? I'm so sorry if I'm asking too many questions or if I'm annoying. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Wow! That's a lot. Just to double check, V1 is different than P1 and same for two right? I'm so sorry if I'm asking too many questions or if I'm annoying. Thank you so much!
Yeah the V1 in this sense means the Tamagotchi Connection V1 which is different from the P1.

All toys from the Connection series have the red bar on the top (IR sensor). V1, V2 and V6 (music star) are just an egg shape with no antenna, V3 has a short antenna with some notches in it. V4 is an antenna with a ball, V4.5 antenna with a star and V5 and 5.5 are a little house-roof antenna.

Latest posts

Back