How do you take your tamas around, and if people ask what do you say?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-EbilKitteh-

Reaction score
I mean, I wear them sorta like necklaces, and if people ask I tell them their tamagotchis XD Once, I actually wore a tamagotchi with no batteries around my neck > :p

Back in November when I only had two, I wore them as a Necklace.

Now I carry them in my "NightClub Purse" which is actually a DS Carrying case.

There is also a pocket inside my big purse for them. The only problem now is my backpacks (which I have ALOT of.)

I was suppose to make a case for them, but I have not finished it.

Usually when people see me with Tamagotchi they mention "flashbacks" and ask to see them.

On several occasion I have ended up doing a Show and Tell of my v6.

~Phnx

I rub the word Tamagotchi off of the top, and I say it is a retro watch for "Teenage children" and "New Age Retro Hippies".

Back when I got my first one in 1999, it was a P2, so it was small enough for me to just hook the chain onto my belt loop without it looking awkward and being big enough to accidentally bump on things. Good old days. Now, I just carry whichever ones I happen to be running in a little cloth bag, but most of the time, I do leave them at home. I normally don't get people who ask but if they do, they usually show some interest, a little amusement, and take it as one of my endearing quirks. :D The people who know about my Tamagotchi collection are family and close friends anyway.

Same with old school, And when I carry mine around I just but one or two on a necklace and if I take 3 or 4 around I put the other two in my DS case.

I keep mine in the inside zipper pocket of my purse, or in a wristlet. And linked together on an old bracelet so they dont get separated. :D

I dont tend to take mine outside, as i run all 10 of them, so things can get a bit bulky. But when i do I just pop them in the bottom of my bag, and that seems to suffice. :mellow:

Usually in my pockets :eek: but during the 4 minute time when we have to switch classes I take them out and stuff :eek: thats usually when people ask about them, I don't have a lanyard anymore, besides my Kutchipatchi(he has a backpack on > w <)carrier plush guy that usually has a tama in it xP

I have a small Tamagotchi zip-purse to carry my currently running ones in, but I do have a few I use for accessories. They have no batteries in them, but I usually keep one clipped to my handbag, and one hanging from my car's rear-view mirror ^-^

I don't really take my Tamagotchi's out. When I do I am usually traveling. I pull them out on the plane and play with them. I get no weird looks.

Exactly like kuri. I dont get any weird looks. I would though, Im a really tall guy, but my hair used to be so long that I was called a girl. " Aww shes so cute!". So it wasnt really akward. Now I have a really short haircut but I dont take out my tamas that much anymore so I dont really know.

i used to put them on lanyards but i found that really did a number of damage to my p2 when i first had it on one. i was in grade school and would run around the playground at recess and it would jangle around and get scratched up insanely and the chain broke off. so i don't use lanyards anymore, i'm REALLY REALLY cautious about keeping my tamas in tip top shape now.

i carry them around the stores with me in my purse or my hand. i'll take it out and check it once in a while, and then put it back in my small handbag. i took it to the store today and i kept getting so many awkward looks from people it felt kind of ..well, awkward. haha they all looked but they didn't say anything about it. i always get nervous that they'll think i'm stealing if i keep taking it out and putting it back in my purse.

I'm always too scared to keep them in a purse or my backpack... I always think they're gonna die! I hate leaving them in my locker for PE but that's basically the only time they're not in my pocket. When I take it out in class usually I don't think people see, but I guess they do 'cause I was playing with it in study hall and some guy was like, "no phones in class!" and this guy that I NEVER talk to is like, "that's not a phone- it's a Tamagotchi!!" No one really gives me awkward looks, they're just kinda like "wow..." but yeah...

Violetchilluvr3

I have a dedicated laptop-backpack which I use everyday for work and it has a special compartment on the top part of the backpack with a zip - a perfect tamagotchi cave! :D

So I put the 2 tama's I am running (I rarely have time to run more than 2 at a time) each in a little baby sock, soft fleece ones preferably with nothing on the inside that can scratch my tamas, and then I just put then in that top pocket of my backpack. They also have a dedicated little holder on my desk where I put them within quick reach if there may be some kind of tama emergency :p

I have a dedicated laptop-backpack which I use everyday for work and it has a special compartment on the top part of the backpack with a zip - a perfect tamagotchi cave! :D

So I put the 2 tama's I am running (I rarely have time to run more than 2 at a time) each in a little baby sock, soft fleece ones preferably with nothing on the inside that can scratch my tamas, and then I just put then in that top pocket of my backpack. They also have a dedicated little holder on my desk where I put them within quick reach if there may be some kind of tama emergency :p

Currently I use a little sheer pink drawstring bag to store the ones I'm not playing with, ie: V5 and Music Star (Not big fans of them, but still have them... After all, I have one of each for collection purposes :) ) But I keep my V2, V3, V4, V4.5 and my Neopet thingie on a clip, I usually don't take em out and about with me, I've gotten weird looks in the breakroom at work for having my old gameboy color with me so I keep my Tamas at home on pause. I do take them on trips with me, they're excellent for making time go by quicker :D And I don't think any of my friends know I have em, but I don't think it would surprise em lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back