How do your tamas feel to you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D I love my tamagotchis very much, in fact on occasion I even talk to them! Yes I am 21 but I really don't care, a lot of my family and friends are very supportive of my um... addiction <_< . To be honest though there are times my tamagotchis scare me, once I dropped one and a heart went down on happiness, they were completely full before hand, in fact I was checking on them and canceling out of the status screen just before it dropped... so... yeah <_< ... scary...

Kyle: -_-

Me: I'm sorry kyle! :( (

Also I am becoming attached to my p1... I am starting to feel heart broken that I have to reset it tomorrow for a group hatch... v_v sorry Bean...

Well, I am a bit different now. Since I somehow got a lot more strong-willed, I can love my Tamas without my parents or brother knowing. Shout out to brother: Because you killed my Tama, Gemma's son Orion, I am never having midnight feasts with you again.

My brother is "different" as my mom calls it. To me, it's more like he's a total Tamagotchi Hater, and it also seems like this stupid new computer has a broken speech mark thingy so it is very hard to do speech marks. Anyway, my brother used to sort of get in the way with his:

Me: Anything happened to your Tama?

Him: Yes. It's on 16th Generation now.

Me: Good! What's it's name?

Him: Uhhhhh...uhhhhh...Violet. I'm going to get Violetchi.

Me: But you named your last 5 Generations Violet, even the boy one, and got Violetchi every single time except the boy!

Him: Yes.

Me: But...aren't they supposed to be unique?

Him: Who cares. They're just toys.

Sometimes I get mad with a ) feeling really really sorry for these Tamas and b ) why that iD L of his can't be my nineteenth Tama. At least I bought his others for $2 each.

I used to be different. I used to be like him. I was a Tama killer, didn't name them, reset them all the time and didn't care about them. But then I learned my lesson when my Tamas...got me back...by breaking or giving me electric shocks. So I started treating them OK as my new year's resolution this year. Then I started treating them GREAT as my birthday resolution this May (I do that too. I usually get a million resolutions stored up during the year). And that's how it is to this day. Yeah.
Meh...he's just got worse...he got a V5, and guess what? On the first generation, he left it home every day while he went to school, and one day he got a Ninja family and it died. I feel so sorry for that V5...at least he isn't running it now! Come on sell it to me brother...

I have mixed feelings about my Tamas. I really do know that they are just electronic toys, programmed to lose hearts and play games, but I don't torture them any more. I love my real guinea pig a lot more, even though I can actually play with her less because she is eighty years old in guinea pig years (five in human years). But I can play with her more than my eighty-year-old grandma XD.

I do love my Tamas, I talk to them and make miniature books for them to read, and when they're toddlers I read the books to them in whispers. I have a special bedroom for them. The only things with a higher rank are real life creatures (humans and animals), and soft toys. Nintendogs probably have about the same rank. Pixel Chix and Nano pets and other virtual pets have a much lower rank; I've tried about ten virtual pets and Tamagotchis and Nintendogs were the only ones that actually went to sleep at night. The others? They stayed up all night and were literally impossible to pause. And no, time set mode didn't pause them either!

~ Dazzmina ~

I have no idea if I've replied to this before or not, but I might as well reply again. xD

About five years ago, I loved my tamagotchis. And I mean loved. They were like family to me, and I'd never hurt them or leave them alone. To this day actually, I've only had two of my tamagotchis die! My V4.5 when I accidentally left it off pause when I thought I had paused it one day, and my V2 when the battery died and I replaced the battery, but it turns out she had reset! )::::

But now I've been realizing that when I was around 14, I soon began to not really care as much as I did. Friends, school and life took over, and even though I loved collecting them and watching them grow up, I knew I'd never feel the same about them again.

Now, I still love tamagotchis like I did when I was about 14, but instead of feeling like a family member, they're just a cute little electronic pet. I don't mind resetting them anymore, and I don't mind if one were to die. I find myself putting it on pause more often if something comes up, rather than trying to take care of him/her. But overall I think that tamagotchis will always be part of my life, even though I might not get that same amazing feeling I did like I used to!

And Dazzilitchigirl, I think you said your brother was 14 or something, if I'm not mistaken?(Please correct me if I'm wrong!) I think he's at that stage where tamagotchis don't really matter to him anymore, sort of what I went through for a while. And also, he is a guy, and usually guys begin to lose interest in cute little electronic pets when they're still really young. You're lucky he's actually taking care of them at that age!(My cousin and I had tons of tamagotchis when we were little. He ended up playing with them for about 3 months then sold them. =.= ;)

I actually kind of miss having that loving, family feeling for my tamagotchis because it felt like they were actually real. Even though I love my little Jade(V3!), I don't have the time anymore to take care of her a lot like a did, and therefore she's becoming less realistic to me. /::::

But yeah, I love love love collecting my little babies, and it's just so much fun raising them and seeing what you end up with!

I love my tamas, but real life (usually ;] ) comes first. I Hate resetting and stuff, I am actually 14 Right now, but I've just gotten into them again. I was in second-third grade when I saw a tama for the first time, on a lanyard on my Japanese cousins neck, when I saw the little guy take a bath I was sold. I collected them off and on through elemetary school and I had by then collected a v2 a v4 and a v5. I wasn't really serious at that point so the memories of tamas at that age are hazy. in sixth-seventh grade I got a present for some friend of mine and it was a Music Star. My friend told me she hated tamas so it was left to rot in my desk, never even opened. in eighth grade I opened my desk and thought it would be fun to open this tamagotchi, just for the heck of it. so I struggled with the packageing and pulled out the tab.

I played with it quite a bit, thought it never got to be enough for me to be a legit Member of us Tama Fans. When I learned we were to move to a different state I was devastated, I had the best friends a girl could ask for. we were to leave most of our stuff in our old house until it got sold, and not even once, did I think about bringing my tamas for company. I regretted not remembering my tamas as soon as we got there, Now I would be lonely for six months! I started my account on TT and ordered a v1 on ebay, and see where I have gone? my collection has increased vastly and though now I do have friends where I now reside, Tamas have... well, stuck.

:newmametchi: Well Tama's are like pets to me...and i love pets, but i hate it when they have a baby because its just a sign to tell you their gonna die soon :newmametchi:

It's my pet. I treat it like all my other pets. Feed, clean and care :D

I spaz and obsess over every living creature, cute or ugly. Animals are my closest friends because they NEVER lie, never backstab, always forgive you if you're good to them. My closest actual FRIENDS are in this order~ My horse, my budgies, my dog, my cats, my betta (he recognizes my face and does little happy dances when he sees me), and my Tamagotchi. My goldfish really don't count, because my Black Moor is more interested in mating with my Pearlscale than he is saying hello to me like my Pearl does. She lets me pick her up, though.

Conidering that I'm obsessed with Japanese art (manga) and toys and cute things, I have a TON of Japanese candies, accessories, figurines, TV shows (I watch a lot of anime), and little cutesy pens and erasers and stuff. Tamagotchis are only a few of the various adorable things I have. What's cuter than a little plastic egg with a pixel character thaqt responds to your care and attention? You can buy it items and stuff, and it turns out differentlly each time. You can decorate the shell, paint it, etc.

I also send to cover things with glitter and rhinestones. I have several packs of glitter glue, a LOT of rhinestones, glitter nailpolish, nail gems, glittery makeup, lipgloss, adorable watches, jewelry... for Halloween last year I was a Japanese doll. I used really bright pins and makeup and jewelry (I loaded it on) and I wore a white ruffle miniskirt with a white ruffle-v-neck button down shirt...it was so cute.

I'm getting a lil off topic here...

Basically, anything cute is what I adore. My friends know I'm obsessed with Japanese stuff and they're fine with me obsessing over the cute little egg.

To be honest, I see them as a pets & friends as they are dependent plus fun to have around.

When I was about 11 I read a book about a boy that finds a cyberpet that actually talks to him & eventually befriends him.

It was a very nice read & a lovely little story aswell, further fuelling my passion for them.

I'm 20, with plenty of friends, even a boyfriend (who doesnt understand my facination).. So i'd say calling them 'friends' isn't necessarily bad.
What? I want to read it. What was the name of it?

Anyways, I love my tamas and talk to them when we are alone together.

Me and my Tamagotchis have a deep bond nobody else would understand. I think, beyond the pixels, Tamagotchis are more than just toys because there was once a time when...uh...yeah...Let's not go into scary details, shall we? :rolleyes: If I tell you, you'd think I have lost my mind. But seriously, my Tamagotchis have...more than once...never mind.

Heh heh heh! I love being mysterious. :nazotchi:

I wouldn't say mine are my "friends" I see them as pets. I love them, I really do, but I just see them as pets that need to be loved and cared for lol.

Me and my Tamagotchis have a deep bond nobody else would understand. I think, beyond the pixels, Tamagotchis are more than just toys because there was once a time when...uh...yeah...Let's not go into scary details, shall we? :rolleyes: If I tell you, you'd think I have lost my mind. But seriously, my Tamagotchis have...more than once...never mind.

It happened again today! I'm used to unexplained mysteries, so I'm not too scared...

I absolutely adore my tamas!

They are my babies!

Right now I feel really bad for neglecting them, (homework takes up a lot of the time) but they are so adorable.

Its been ages since one died, but I still get teary thinking of them!

(rest in peace)

But, yeah, they are so dear to me! I think they each have a mind of their own, and their own personality.

Phooey on those who say they are just robots!

xo

It happened again today! I'm used to unexplained mysteries, so I'm not too scared...
What? Your Tama evolved into a *whatever* care character when you actually took the opposite care of it? It glitched? Or it did something crazy, like transforming into a dolphin and jumping out of the screen, lol. I won't think you're crazy; if anything, I'll think your Tama is crazy.

I guess I don't really have that much of a bond with my Tamas...I do love them, but I never cry when they die and I always rush to get them married. I don't like being like this, but I learnt a while ago I can't change who I am. It's just a LITTLE easier now that I can actually pronounce the character names, XD.

~ Dazzmina ~

Well when I got back into them again they were only just pets now there like my friends to me because I don't know who to trust and they always seem to listen to me ='D

I know now what it is...and it caught me COMPLETELY by surprise, because guess what, it happens to me too! And it's NOT scary!

Well, I'll tell you what I've felt about Tamas through the time I've been into them.

When I got my first Tama (est. summer 2006) aged 5: Tamagotchi Birthday Party - 3 games of jump rope, 5 meals and 3 snacks! *drawing of purple V4, first ever Tama*

I actually wrote that when I was 5! So you can see I loved my Tama then.

My 6th birthday, when my first Tama died: *reached onto desk to get Tama and sees "sweet" on the screen* *asks friend "hey, what happened to Tamagotchi? Did someone give him this sweetie to eat?"* Friend: No, it died. Me. Oh. *doesn't cry*

Lol, I didn't know quite how to take this news!

When I was 8 and 9, after rediscovering Tamas, I abused them to the point where I actually BROKE a few in unsuccessful attempts to debug them, I was so obsessed with debugging. And now, I love them and I believe they're alive, and my previous Tamas have forgiven me. Don't ask me how, I don't know, I just know they did. They are living happily on Tamaplanet now. ;)

~ Dazzmina ~

My tamagotchi's will always be friends of mine, mainly because you take care of them for the rest of their lives and beyond.

I would be very sad if my Gen 1 Akeya on the Tama-Go dies, but she won't because she is already married and has a child. She will just go to the family tree. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back