How Joooolie bought back her childhood.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joooolie

Reaction score
Hillsborough, New Jersey/Boston, Massachusetts
I heard Tamagotchis were coming out exactly a week ago, and boy, was I ever so elated. I got my first Tama seven years ago after my parents got into a fight and my mom felt guilty about being a "bad parent", so she mindlessly indulged us in a whirlwind of shopping and fancy restaurants, including throwing our bodies full force into piles of screaming kids at Toys R' Us in order to grab two Tamagotchi boxes off the shelf. Forty-five minutes and a couple of bruises, scratches, and cuts later, we headed off to the Olive Garden with two constantly beeping plastic eggs, feeding the little buggers and ignoring our own Fettuccine Alfredo getting cold on the table. Ahhh, those were the days.

Even when my neighbor knocked poor lil' Tama into the pool, I still diligently persevered to blowdry the thing until it was alive again, with the C button being the only one out of the three suffering casualties.

So here I am, seven years later, 18 years old, heading off to college at Boston University in fourteen days, and I'm absolutely elated to be playing with a new Tamagotchi. I bought mine at Toys R' Us yesterday, and the cashier looked at me funny when I turned down a gift receipt offer, but I don't care; I'm just happy to get back into the bigger and better Tama craze once again.

Something tells me college and Tamagotchis won't mix; I can see my little Lila going off during an Econ lecture and having to deal with the prof... :)

Feel free to check my interests or just talk to me or whatever... Wish me luck in raising my Tama! I'm gonna need it!

*dwells on scarring memories of Dad hiding Tama at the top of the 8 foot beach umbrella as it beeps for attention*

*cries*

Hiya Joooolie that is an interesting story! Good luck rasing your tama at college lol!

:) Welcome back to one of the best Fettuccine Alfredo distractions available... :D

And welcome to TamaTalk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back