How long has your Music Star lasted?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scramble

Reaction score
I ask this, because mine has started dying today =( The battery sign has started flashing, and I was only on generation 12, almost generation 13, as Mametchi became a father at 12.30 today.

I'm gutted, as I thought I was doing really well to get this far, I had so many of the instruments and toys, achieved all the awards by generation 4, and now it's feeling like a bit of a waste of time =(

I know you can get the new battery and carry on, but last time I tried that with my V5 it restarted it from generation 1...

Absolutely gutted.

x

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm only on generation three myself, and I'm still going strong. I got my Music Star about three weeks ago, so how many weeks/months have you had yours? I know that my v5 Familitchi was working for about two months before the Battery died, because I'd been in school and he was on pause for about 4 days during finals, and when I tried to unpause him - poof, dead battery.

I went back to Generation one that time though because I had forgotten that to get your generation back, you simply choose download instead of reset. That way, it goes back to the last major event in you Tama's life, at least that's the way that I understand it.

There is a person on here named Binary that could help you more than I could I'm sure, or at least be clear and concise where I've gone completely off topic >_< so hopefully you can talk to them! or Binary will get to you

But don't worry, you can get your Tama's back after replacing the battery without starting completely over.

I know you can get the new battery and carry on, but last time I tried that with my V5 it restarted it from generation 1...
Yeah, that happened to me too on my V5.

But as long as you Download it right after you hear the beep (you don't even have to screw the back on yet), you'll be fine. I learned that with my Tamas the har way. ^_^

But good luck!

Thank you, both of you! I was on a long car journey when my V5 died, and couldn't replace the battery for a good few hours, so maybe that explains why both me and my boyfriend had that same trouble (his went the week before mine did). We had those about 6 months.

As for my V6, I bought it in January pretty much as soon as they were released in the UK, I think. So roughly 4 months. I knew it wouldn't last as long as my V5 as it does a lot more, but I was a bit gutted! The battery sign started flashing at 5pm yesterday, almost right on the hour. It called out for concert time and that was that, no concert, battery dying and it is almost 2pm the next day and it's still not actually died yet!

But if I can get a new battery soon I'll give it a go, if not, I can try and start over, ignore the award achievements and try and figure out the growth stuff!

Thank you again for replying!

x

I went to Target to get my batteries, the CR2032 batteries, there the Energizer brand was just about $5 for 2 batteries, which was pretty cheap for a good brand name like Energizer.

If you can find them, try the Lithium version of the battery, it last's longer and seems to be stronger, and if you buy a pack of 5 or so they are made for a long shelf life so they can last the time it takes for the other batteries to die.

Your very welcome, Hon, I'm glad that I could help you!

Good Luck with your Tama~<3

Cheers! We obviously get ripped off here in the UK because I've never seen a pack of 5 CR2032s anywhere, but I managed to get a double pack of the normal Energizer ones (I couldn't see lithium ones) last night.

In all, my Tama had been dying for 27 and a half hours and still hadn't died by the time I changed the battery.

It actually went back to generation 12 with the new baby and everything, so I was a happy bunny.

So thank you for your replies! Glad it's sorted now.

x

I went to Target to get my batteries, the CR2032 batteries, there the Energizer brand was just about $5 for 2 batteries, which was pretty cheap for a good brand name like Energizer.
If you can find them, try the Lithium version of the battery, it last's longer and seems to be stronger, and if you buy a pack of 5 or so they are made for a long shelf life so they can last the time it takes for the other batteries to die.

Your very welcome, Hon, I'm glad that I could help you!

Good Luck with your Tama~<3

actually i find Energizer better that Lithium,duracell.

I meant Energizer Lithium, I didn't say Duracell anywhere there. Actually, I've never seen any Duracell CR2032's myself, only the Duracell AA's and things of that nature.

It most of the time restarts on v5, but I got my music star the day it came out, so i changed the battery once. No, it doesn't restart it!!! :D :D B) :wacko: :wub: :wub: :wub: :p B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back