How to change the background

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamalurve

Reaction score
I just changed my background (the image behind the pixels on your tamagotchi) to Harry Potter Puppet Pals!!! It's Ron bothering Voldemort...and I think it's one of the coolest things I've done with my tamagotchi.

You do the same thing as debugging, but you dont debug it, you still open it up though. And get this... :lol: you get to unscrew the circuit board! Whoa! Okay,here's how!! *I am NOT responsible for your tama if you break it in this process...I didn't, so if you follow my instructions, you shouldn't.*

1. Unscrew the back of your tamagotchi, where the battery is. take it out and put it somewhere safe, closeby you. You might want to do this on a desk of some sort.

2. See the TINY screws in the corners of where you are right now?? Unscrewthem, make SURE you don't lose them!!

3. Gently take apart your tamagotchi- You should be at the circuit board now. There are more tiny screws on the left and right side of it...Unscrew those, too, and again, don't lose them!

4. GENTLY lift the circuit board...

If the part with the background on it is lifted with your circuit board, take it off gently. Try not to touch the pink rubbery stuff, I'm pretty sure it has circuit stuff in it (I read it somewhere.)

If the part with the background stays on the other half of your tamagotchi...proceed to step5. :p

5. GENTLY peel the original background off the plastic with the pink rubbery stuff on the sides. YOu have two choices as to what to do with the original background:

5a. Trash it.

5b. Keep it incase you need it by either just keeping it in a safe place or keeping it in your tamagotchi, with the new background over it. (more on new background in step 6.)

6. CHOOSING YOUR NEW BACKGROUND-

For those of you who want to make it on the computer, the pixels should be no more than 102x102 and no less than 99x99. Trimming might be needed, depending on how much of your picture's edges you want showing. Make sure the picture is VERY LIGHT. If you want a dark picture, at least change the opacity(PM me on questions about opacity if youre not good at html.). You won't regret it, it's really frustrating when you cant see the pixels on your tama just because of your awesome, but too dark, background.

For those of you wanting to draw it, keep it light, not dark! Your image should be a teeny bit over 1 inch. not even close to 1 inch and 1/4...Be in between, you can experiment with different backgrounds.

7. Either put your background over the old one or put it in just by itself, put it how it was in the plastic and pink rubbery stuff (Where your old background was, it's hard to explain what it looks like but it's not complex, i promise.)

8. Secure everything the way it was. Put your circuit board back where it was, making sure your screen is lodged in the way it was. Screw in the tiny screws again. Take the back of your tamagotchi, screw it back on too. put the battery in again, screw on the back again, and voila!

9. If you did everything right, and if you didn't scratch the circuit board, you should have your tamagotchi exactly the way it was, with just a new background. If the pixels on your tamagotchi don't stand out enough against your new background, repeat steps 1-8. You might want to do some tweaking to the original background if this happens.

10. (optional..) SHOW IT OFF!!! You'll look so cool to all your tamagotchi friends. <3

I hope you enjoyed my guide, and remember as stated above, I am NOT responsible if you break your tamagotchi. Good luck!

I just changed my background (the image behind the pixels on your tamagotchi) to Harry Potter Puppet Pals!!! It's Ron bothering Voldemort...and I think it's one of the coolest things I've done with my tamagotchi.You do the same thing as debugging, but you dont debug it, you still open it up though. And get this... :eek: you get to unscrew the circuit board! Whoa! Okay,here's how!! *I am NOT responsible for your tama if you break it in this process...I didn't, so if you follow my instructions, you shouldn't.*

1. Unscrew the back of your tamagotchi, where the battery is. take it out and put it somewhere safe, closeby you. You might want to do this on a desk of some sort.

2. See the TINY screws in the corners of where you are right now?? Unscrewthem, make SURE you don't lose them!!

3. Gently take apart your tamagotchi- You should be at the circuit board now. There are more tiny screws on the left and right side of it...Unscrew those, too, and again, don't lose them!

4. GENTLY lift the circuit board...

If the part with the background on it is lifted with your circuit board, take it off gently. Try not to touch the pink rubbery stuff, I'm pretty sure it has circuit stuff in it (I read it somewhere.)

If the part with the background stays on the other half of your tamagotchi...proceed to step5. ;)

5. GENTLY peel the original background off the plastic with the pink rubbery stuff on the sides. YOu have two choices as to what to do with the original background:

5a. Trash it.

5b. Keep it incase you need it by either just keeping it in a safe place or keeping it in your tamagotchi, with the new background over it. (more on new background in step 6.)

6. CHOOSING YOUR NEW BACKGROUND-

For those of you who want to make it on the computer, the pixels should be no more than 102x102 and no less than 99x99. Trimming might be needed, depending on how much of your picture's edges you want showing. Make sure the picture is VERY LIGHT. If you want a dark picture, at least change the opacity(PM me on questions about opacity if youre not good at html.). You won't regret it, it's really frustrating when you cant see the pixels on your tama just because of your awesome, but too dark, background.

For those of you wanting to draw it, keep it light, not dark! Your image should be a teeny bit over 1 inch. not even close to 1 inch and 1/4...Be in between, you can experiment with different backgrounds.

7. Either put your background over the old one or put it in just by itself, put it how it was in the plastic and pink rubbery stuff (Where your old background was, it's hard to explain what it looks like but it's not complex, i promise.)

8. Secure everything the way it was. Put your circuit board back where it was, making sure your screen is lodged in the way it was. Screw in the tiny screws again. Take the back of your tamagotchi, screw it back on too. put the battery in again, screw on the back again, and voila!

9. If you did everything right, and if you didn't scratch the circuit board, you should have your tamagotchi exactly the way it was, with just a new background. If the pixels on your tamagotchi don't stand out enough against your new background, repeat steps 1-8. You might want to do some tweaking to the original background if this happens.

10. (optional..) SHOW IT OFF!!! You'll look so cool to all your tamagotchi friends. <3

I hope you enjoyed my guide, and remember as stated above, I am NOT responsible if you break your tamagotchi. Good luck!
OMG!!! it works!!! i have been trying to figure that out for like 4EVER!!! I love you!!!(sarcasm my friend!!!) u r the greatest PM ME!!!

i knew that when i was experimenting with my broken V2. xD

i didn't know what i was doing since after i washed it so when i opened it up, my cousin took the background and scribbled on the white side...

i didn't care since it was broken so i put it back togethher, and it put it on backwords. so, i just kept it as scribbles. xD

i switch up the background on my V3's since they are HIDEOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back