how to do nothing?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billowillo

Reaction score
well me and my friends made a 50$ bet ( dont ask me why XD) that i could figure out how to do nothing... heres the trick they said that if you are doing nothing you are doing something because you are doing something( that makes perfect sense XD)

so i just wanted your opinions on this and maybe you can tell me how to win this bet XD

Well....this is a hard bet to win.

Actually, quite impossible.

Your always doing SOMETHING. Whether its breathing, blinking, wriggling your toe, glancing around...your still doing something.

So you cant win the bet.

Unless your friends mean no particular activity (not on computer, not watchin Tv, not playin with your cat, ect.) and just sitting there staring off into space, there is no other way for you to get $50

I'm sure your parents wouldn't be pleased if they found out you made such a silly bet. ;)

The only way to win this bet is to die... and then the money won't matter anyways. xP

I think it's impossible to do nothing. Technically speaking, even if you weren't moving, you'd still be thinking. Thinking is doing something. Even staring at a wall for 24 hours is doing something. =|

Hate to tell you this, but I think you just screwed yourself out of $50. =P

The only way to win this bet is to die... and then the money won't matter anyways. xP
And even then, you might not get the money because you're 'being dead'.

Everyone is right, it's impossible.

because you're 'being dead'.
exactly me and another friend discussed this XD

you guys reply fast lol XD anyways ya i think ive lost hm o well XD the sad thing is that i dont have 50 bucks... lol anyone else have something that might work?

Well, it depends on the rules of the bet. Is just sitting down staring off into space doing something, according to your friends? =P

The only way to win the bet is to do what your friends consider nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
they pretty much consider everything something and nothing something so ya XD but maybe theres a whay i can confuse thems o much that i can win idk XD any ideas on comfusing them?

That's llike, impossible. Does your friend mean like staring off into space?

What were the rules?

Techniqully Speaking you cant win the bet. If you were to do "Nothing" You would have to be dead. Or else you would be doing something, if its Living, Breathing, Seeing, Feeling, Smelling, Thinking. You cant do "nothing" unless your dead.

Or, if your friends mean a more vague term on nothing, it is hard to win this bet. All you would have to do is, lie/sit there, not talking or moving, for however long this bet lasts. ;)

Katie--

Why would you bet 50 dollars without you actually having 50 dollars to spare?

Anyways, there's no way for you to win this bet. You made a stupid bet, and you should suffer the consequences. Maybe your friends will go easy on you and say you don't have to give them the money.

Hold your breath, jump up once with your eyes closed, and say you weren't thinking anything after.

Technically your not doing anything because if you jump once, your not standing, sitting, etc. You're just in the air.

Hold your breath, jump up once with your eyes closed, and say you weren't thinking anything after.
Technically your not doing anything because if you jump once, your not standing, sitting, etc. You're just in the air.
you know what i like that idea XD it might just work

Well...

Linguistically, by just simply sleeping you are 'doing nothing'? What are you doing? You may be aware of your senses, but you aren't reacting to them, so that is 'doing nothing'. It's like baking a cake, you are baking the cake, not doing the cake. Or making your bed, you are making the bed, not doing the bed.

Also, you can do nothing even if doing something, because the something you are doing is nothing, and therefore you are doing nothing (in the affirmative sense of the phrase). :)

Or if you get two empty glasses and push them together you can say you are enclosing a lot of air (nothing)...

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction: Even if u died, u would still be doing somthing, lying on the floor dead. I think its time to either drop the bet, or kiss the $50 goodbye

*BaBi*

making your bed, you are making the bed, not doing the bed.
that is a very good point i might be able to stretch that to my advantage... thanks =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back