How to fix a music star.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxKuchipatchixx

Reaction score
I recently got a music star and it does not work... or at least that is what I thought I opened it up to see if I can find the issue and the whole thing fell apart I found the issue the screen is not connected properly to the motherboard how do I reconnect them.(It's ok if I can I bought it for parts anyways... it had no sound when I bought it. I know the screen still works cuz a minute ago I was pressing the screen against the motherboard and found a little bit of animation on the screen. How do I reconnect them. Also I don't know if anyone found this out yet but I found out how to Debug a music star xDDD. Here are some pictures.

HNI_0063.jpg

See I want to know how to re-attach them.

HNI_0064.jpg

Also there is the Debug button on the music star it is on the front this time instead of in the back like normal. Bandai wanted to fake out all you Debuggers out there xDDD

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I still have all the parts I keep them in a box so I can fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually really simple. You just have to place the LCD in the case so that the pink sides are facing up. Then place the motherboard ontop of that and screw it all together. There is no wires or anything. If you look on the pink things, there are squares, these match up with the ones that are on the motherboard. :)

Oh my goodness, is this the one I sold you?? It worked when I had it! o_o;; Try tightening the screws and see what happens. I remember once the screen didn't work for me, and I tightened the screws and it started working.

I'm so sorry! :(

Take the front frame, and put the plastic screen on (not the glass one) in where the screen part is, next, take the LCD screen, place it above the plastic screen, then place the pink foam strips on the sides of the screen (left and right if you peeled them off). Then, place in the background piece, and the black frame as well and put it back together by putting the circuit board face down to the front casing. Sometimes, it might take a few tries to make it show properly, like when only a few of the icons show up and they're backwards/ pixels aren't showing completely, you can take it back apart and flip over the LCD, and if they don't show, then you might have to tighten the screws, just as Violet said. I hope this fixes your problem, Matt, because these steps worked for me the last time I fixed my Music Star. ;)

Yes it is I didn't want to make a big deal out of it but it never worked when I got it(used several different batteries) and it wouldn't turn on. I bought it for parts anyways so i really dont care. Plus shipping causes issues with tamas via tempurature changes gallore. So I opened it up and it fell apart. I was trying to fix it but it never turned on. The screen works I saw it turn on for a minute. I tightened all the screws and did what pixie said.... still didn't work. Too bad too. My dad has a soldering Iron I could have fixed the sound. Anyways.... I will get it working again (being positive) just wanted to get some tips. (My dad is a computer whiz he can fix it hopefully). I believe you Violetchi, I bought a V4.5 from someone it worked fine then I recieve it in the mail and I had issues with it then it magically got fixed. I'm sure this will do the same. I really dont care though I bought ir for parts in the first place. If it doesnt work I am spray painting the case Silver and putting my V3 in it.

Omg the animation just worked again for a bit but then ot turned off. Nvm started working again randomly o.o Awesome! OMG figured out the issue! it always worked i used those cheap Japanese batteries which didn't work i put the cheap japanese batteries in another tama and that tama didn't tuen on either!

Oh, that's fantastic! ^_^ Make sure to post pictures so we can all see~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back