How to make an avatar

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemma-x

Reaction score
First of all, I don't know whether a topic like this has been made before, so if it has to be closed, then I'm fine with that :p

So, this is how you can make your own avatar. I've gotta admit, I'm no use whatsoever at making these my self, but I do know how xD

Step 1: Click the Start button (usually bottom-left of your computer screen), and open up a programme called "Microsoft Paint."

Step 2: Design your avatar, using the tools provided. When you have finished Click "File" and then "Save as" to save your work.

Step 3: Thirdly, open up an image hosting website (the ones I know are imageshack and tinypic.)

Step 4: Host your avatar, and copy the link.

Step 5: Finally, to set this as your avatar, there are two options;

- You can either PM yourself and "paste" the link onto the PM.

OR

- Simply upload the piece of work as your avatar.

PLEASE BE AWARE: The only type of avatar format's allowed are: .gif, .jpeg, .bmp, .pmg & .jpg. The maximum size is 30KB.

As far as I know, this is right.

If you can think of anything to improve it, please say!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing Gemma-x. I already know how to do it tho, and I know how to animate it too. ^^ If you don't mind, I'm gonna tell people in your topic how to make it move too. Hope ya don't mind. :p

1) Go on microsoft paint, and design your avatar

(make more than one, but save them under different names, atleast 3)

2) Save it, but don't save it as .gif, because it messes it up (or atleast for me)

3) Go here

4) Upload your image(s)

5) Make it the size you want

6) Download it on your computer

7) Go to tamatalk and put it as your avatar!!!

That's great!

Do you mind if I copy it and put it into my first post? (I will give you credit :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, that's fine, I won't ;)

Good advice though :unsure:

I usually get my avatars from Iconator, and if not there, I find something on Google and use Photobucket to set it up.

Thank you ^^ my brother photoshopped my icon but I drew them on paper first then he designed them for me :D and we saved it as a JPEG or whatever it's called so I could put it as my icon ^,~.

Thank you ^^ my brother photoshopped my icon but I drew them on paper first then he designed them for me :huh: and we saved it as a JPEG or whatever it's called so I could put it as my icon ^,~.
Heh, Thats what I usually do. Not really for avvies but for my artwork. :D

Thanks for sharing :)

I use Photobucket. I'm not a fan of MS Paint, but it's the only thing I have, so I gotta live with it.

Thanks for the comments guys :huh:

I'm trying to animate now :huh:

Nice!

If anyone needs help, feel free to mail me. Later on today, since it's election day and I have the day off from school, I will probably make myself a new avvie, a moving one. It'll be an example for you guys, and I just need a new avvie. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back