How to make friends?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffums

Reaction score
Okay, so, don't get me wrong. I do have friends. I actually have a lot of friends, both from school and swimming.

However, I am going to go away to a new school next year, where I won't know anyone. Most of the other kids will be new, but a lot of them will at least know a few people and might even have friends going to that school.

I used to have really bad social anxiety and stuff, so I was really shy. Now I don't have the anxiety problem or anything, but I'm just socially awkward. I don't know what to say in a lot of situations, and therefore, don't really ever talk. A new kid came to my math class a few months ago. I said something recently and he said "Whoah, you talk? I thought you were a mute or something." Before that another boy in my math class would count how many times I've said something. For the whole year, he's up to 26. :huh:

So, yeah. At the new school I'm really worried I won't make any friends because I'm so quiet. At my current school the only reason I have friends is because I made a friend in kindergarden, who made friends. I hung out with her friends and stuff, so they became my friends. Then we weren't friends anymore, but I still had her old friends. And then I got their friends. So really, the only reason I have friends today is because I made one friend in kindergarden.

I really want to be able to make friends at my new school, but I don't know how I'll do it. I don't know what I should say or do. Can you help?

I felt like this when I went to my school, it is still hard but I have 2 best friends and one good friend.

People may be very interested in you!

Just say hi to people and say you are new and tell them your name, then maybe you could ask them your name.

DONT BE SCARED! its very easy, you can do it :furawatchi:

That's how I felt when I came to the school I go to right now.

But I don't think you should really worry too much...just try greetings someone. Like hazeyjune said, people might like you and want to talk to you. And sometimes, like what happened to you, one friend could lead to a whole bunch of friends. I personally wouldn't worry that much. And if you think you can, try talking a bit more. I'm not trying to offend you by changing your ways and saying that the fact that you're quiet is wrong - you can still make friends being quiet. Just go up to someone you think is nice and say hello. But don't worry if you only end up having a few friends...last year when I first came to my school, I had a friend from my old school and got their friends, but eventually they all left me, and I made friends with this other person in my class and a new girl, so really, I only had two "real" friends. If that happens, again, don't worry - at some point when you really know how to socialize and when you're a bit more into that school, you'll have a nice circle of friends to be with and to play with!

Thank you guys! The school I chose to go to seems to have a lot of really friendly kids, so that will probably make it easier.

you're like me but i have a whole posey because all you have to do is be your self and find

other people like you,that's how i made freinds

Well I would work on your habit of being shy. I would start by trying to talk more now in your current school, and be more social. Your should try it. But I am a social outcast, so I don't know what it's like to have friends.

Or be yourself, and talk to people you see in the new school which share your interests.

Don't worry I am going to a new school too. ;~;

~ChibiMuffins

Well what are your interest? its always easier to talk to someone if you have simliar interest.

Also dont worry, act normal :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Once I have friends, I'm very talkative but when it comes to meeting new people I'm quite shy. Whenever new kids come to my school, I'm always too shy and embarrassed to talk to them. The fact is, most people want the other to make the first move. But everyone's more comfortable with a friendly person. So if you're too shy when you go to your new school, people might assume you don't want friends and might avoid you. So, although it might be hard, be as friendly as you can with people. Say hi. Chat with people. You'll probably soon end up with some friends without either of you saying "Will you be my friend?" Many times I've made friends by just working with someone in my group for a school project. Once you start getting to know a person, I've found you automatically start hanging out. Good luck and I hope you make some great new friends!

Don't make a bad reputation on the first week.

I did that sadly, now barely anyone at school like's me. I'm overhyper for one.

Just be nice~

Be friendly and sweet, and be nice to anyone who is nice to you. Have a good relationship with your teacher, and introduce yourself in a nice way. If someone is rude to you, just ignore them. Learn the main rules of the school, and try to remember your schedule as well as you can. :furawatchi: It'll help.

Chatterbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back