Hunting

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudkipchi

Reaction score
I have been watching a documentary and I have been sickened by it, It is about the hunting of polar bears. I have been wondering what the people of the world think so here i am, What do you think... please put a vote in the poll and tell us the reason for your answer (optional)

My opinion

I Do not think Hunting is acceptable, If it is a man doing it for sport, If it were for survival, like tribes in the Amazon then it would be okay by my thoughts as long as it is stable, as in they dont hunt out a whole species... If it were a professional hunter then I would gladly lead a prostest ( I couldnt though as im too young ).

What do you think

I'm fine with hunting so long as the entire animal (or most of it) is used. Moose meat is delicious!

EDIT: I will also say that sensitive types of hunts, like the seal cull, are acceptable when carried out by First Nations and Inuit tribes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like hunting very much, unless it is for survival. Some people kill these animals as a sport, I find it as bad as murder (depending on what animal).

Some animals NEED to be hunted, such as pests and wild rabbits.

If a animal is killed, best way to do is do it quickly and cleanly.

I feel that it depends, if one is doing it for sport, that may not be best. If one is selling them, maybe. If one is just going to eat it, definitely. :p

If it's for survival, or self defense,then it's OK. If killed for survival, nothing will be wasted. However, just to get a trophy for over the fireplace, then no.

I don't believe it's right whatsoever, which is kind of contradictory, since I eat meat and people hunt animals for meat.

If it were for survival, then I suppose it would be okay, since we'd be trying to keep the human race going, etc etc. But for silly luxuries like fur mats and stuff like that, I think it's stupid. Even worse when it's just a hobby which people do for no real purpose.

I think if an animal has to be killed, it should be in the least painful way possible.

I think it depends. I don't think endangered animals should be hunted, and I am against hunting animals in a way that makes them suffer before death. I think it's absolutely fine to hunt for food - a deer that you shoot, for example, lived its whole life happily in a forest and had a quick death. Compare this to the cows, pigs, etc that are raised to be eaten and live in dirty, overcrowded conditions and are often killed in horribly brutal ways. (No, I am not against eating meat, I am against the animals used for meat being treated poorly). I think killing an animal for a trophy or whatnot is a bit selfish and unnecessary, but then again, when you pit it against all the tons of animals (not just food animals) being tortured and abused daily, it doesn't seem so bad. Oh, and obviously killing for survival/self-defense is always okay.

Hunting is the way of life and there is a reson we hunt.

1.) it makes sure animal populations stay even.

2.) yes i know what i am talking about. i took a hunting course to get a license to hunt. they teach you all this stuff there. hunting isnt all about killing.

potching means to hunt illegaly or out of season

and remember this. Hunting and potching are diffrent and hunting has a purpose.

The thought of shooting animals makes me so sad. I love animals why would I want to kill them especially a polar bear.
ohmy.gif

The thought of shooting animals makes me so sad. I love animals why would I want to kill them especially a polar bear.
ohmy.gif
Well its true. it is sad. but hunting has a purpose. polar bears are not suppose to be hunted.

the ones who hunt polar bears are called potchers! which means to hunt illegally. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back