I aM tHe WaLrUs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:3 that's exciting!!

Lucy said, "You don't know how much it means to me, to hear you say that. And I promise, I'll be a good wife for him, and I'll always take care of him. I'd never hurt your son." She knew that it probably seemed hard to believe, that they were getting married. Her side of the family probably wouldn't believe it either. But they were, and she couldn't imagine herself with anyone else, ever. Then she looked up at Asher, smiling brilliantly at him, that smile that only he was allowed to have.

I know =D

Either French or English, I think, anyway. Haven't decided yet.

"We know you'll be great to him, Lucy. We can see how well you've taken care of him already," Sarah said, and Bill, as usual, being a nan of fewer words, smiled amd nodded in agreement. And they saw that smile that Lucy gave their son; they knew it well, and knew it as one of total adoration.

Asher beamed back at his fiancee and gave her a polite peck on the lips, and nothing more.

"Are you two hungry? I was just about to get dinner going," Sarah asked them.

choose French!

Lucy's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink when Asher's lips touched hers, and she couldn't help giggling softly at him. She turned to Sarah and said, "I'm actually quite hungry, thank you. If you want, I could help you with dinner. I don't want to be a bother." She loved cooking anyways, and she hoped maybe it would bring her and Sarah closer together. Lucy wanted to fit in desperately.

I have to say, French is winning right now :)

"Yes. If you want to, of course you can. I hadn't been planning anything that fancy, but since you two are here, we'll figure something out," Sarah said. "Asher likes to cook, too. Are you coming to help?"

Asher said, "I'm easy. If you two want to have some time to get to know each other without me skulking about," he chuckled in reply.

French is such a pretty language!

Lucy said to Asher, "You could join if you'd like, I wouldn't mind." She giggled, then went ahead to the kitchen, humming happily as she went. She loved this house. It was so inviting and cozy, not the same way her house was. Her house was one of those big farm homes, which was cozy and homely in a country style. This place was definitely different, but just as nice, if not nicer.

It is <3 It's pretty hard, but I love it. I want to be fluent by the time I'm 21 xD

Asher just smiled, saw to it that Bill wouldn't be bored-- he'd said he'd be just fine reading his paper for the time being-- and then followed on into the kitchen.

Sarah looked through the cupboards and said, "Okay, any favourites of anything? --Dishes, cuisine from a county, ingredients? I'm catering for you guys, so we'll have whatever you like."

That would be awesome! <3

Lucy smiled at Asher and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, then said to Sarah, "I honestly have no preference as to what you cook. Besides, I think Asher should be the one to choose, he knows your cooking the best. Besides, I'm sure he has a favorite dish that you make."

Definitely. I love France, and speaking another language just gives you a huge sense of pride when you use it right :)

"Ah, if you're letting Asher choose, I know exactly what he'll pick." Sarah turned to Asher, "You're lucky I started making it every week again, so I have everything we need. Bill and I went to Mexico once," she began explaining to Lucy, "The most amazing food ever. So we brought a recipe back home with us for our favourite mexicam dish, and years later it so happened that Asher loved it, too." Both she and Asher began getting ingredients from the cupboards-- he still remembered where everything was-- and set it all out. They all were handed knives and started with chopping the veg.

Plus, hot guys dwell in France.

Lucy simply did as she was told to do, chopping, mixing, and measuring when needed. Her stomach growled loudly as she worked, and she couldn't help feeling a bit embarrassed by her ravenous hunger. Really, she hadn't thought she was that hungry. She'd had breakfast, and it was only a couple hours past lunchtime. She focused on her work, trying to keep her mind off of being hungry.

Oh, gosh, don't they just? Tall, dark hair and eyes. And that delicious accent xD

Sarah giggled a bit and Asher chuckled when Lucy's stomach growled. "We'd better speed up a little, then," Asher said, finishing his lot of vegetables.

A few minutes later, Sarah said, "So, Lucy, what kind of things really interest you? I mean, I know all about my arty son but only what he's told me about you."

Asher was getting started on making tortillas. He asked Lucy to help him, showing her all tne technique and the method and such.

Love them!!!

Lucy tried to make tortillas, but she proved to be not as skilled as Asher and his mother were. "Well... I like to read. A lot. I also like horseback riding and outdoorsy stuff. I also love music. I'm not that good at playing instruments or singing, but I still love listening to it and learning the history of it." She decided to try her hand at cleaning things up, which she proved to be very good at.

French and Italian <3

"She is good at singing," Asher said, interjecting, and she writes songs beautifully." He smiled and, since Lucy had given up on the tortillas, he finished them off, putting them under the grill for a few moments before toasting them all. Sarah was making the sauce. She told Lucy not to worry about cleaning up, s a guest it wasn't her job, and told her that making the sauce was easy. Asher went about cooking chicken strips in a pan in the meantime. "She's also a very good model for painting, I should add," he chuckled.

I agree! Although, I also love guys from Spain.

I'm gonna get going. I have some homework to do (sadly) talk to you tomorrow! :)

Lucy's cheeks turned a darker shade of red, and she said, "Thank you... but I have to say I'm best at reading, if anything. I don't think it's really a talent, but that's okay by me. I love libraries, and I love museums, and I like old places, like historical monuments." She then started helping with the sauce, hoping that she wouldn't mess it up. She could make a great breakfast meal, but when it came to more complicated cooking, she was clueless.

Me, too. I know about your love for Mr. Banderas! xD

Ah, excellent timing! I have to go to bed now, anyway! :)

Talk to you tomorrow! Love you <3

Asher thought of pointing out that she was equally talented at loving him, and being perfect, but judging by the red tint to her face, she probably would have become even more flustered by it.

Sarah smiled at what Lucy was saying-- she seemed interested in lots of things, which was surprising for someone so beautiful. Usually, it was all looks and no brains these days. "What kinds of music do you like?" she asked her. She thanked her for helping with the sauce. Asher was done cooking and spicing the chicken, and now all that was left was to wrap it all up, put it in the sauce and bake it for a bit. They all pitched in, sprinkling cheese on the top and then it was put in the oven. Already, it smelled great.

OF COURSE!

Love you more!

Lucy said, "I like a lot of the music by the Beatles, and I like Elvis and Buddy Holly. I also like classical music, such as Mozart and Hayden and Handel. Honestly, any music is good music to me, concerning the style." lucy continued to help Asher's mother, the red tint to her face fading away slowly.

Not possible!

"Ah, I see. I know Asher likes The Beatles a lot. I don't know about his classical tastes, though. And I do know, he loves Led Zeppelin-- I'm pretty sure you haven't failed to notice," Sarah chuckled. She clapped her hands together, all the cooking done, and not too much to clean up, either. She smiled and said, "It's so wonderful we're all here together, especially considering everything.

Asher gave his mother hug-- he knew too well her saying that would make her cry; she was like that. And she hugged him so tightly, he thought she'd never let him go again. "It's okay, 'ma. I promised you, I'm here now, and I always will be around. I'm never going back, and I'll never be leaving Lucy's side again as long as I live."

xD We love each other equally, I suppose. :3

How was your day today?

Lucy smiled at Asher, then averted her eyes when they were hugging, once again feeling like she was looking in on something not exactly meant for her. Which was perfectly okay by her, obviously. She'd had Asher to herself for the past few days, and now it was Sarah's turn to spend time with her son. They hadn't seen each other since he moved to New York, so it was very important that they be able to catch up, in Lucy's opinion. So, Lucy went and started setting the table, humming softly to herself as she did so.

Yes, exactly.

Good, actually. Great feedback on my art project! =D

And I've been hired as guitarist in the live band for our new Gospel choir :)

How about you?

Asher's mother was crying again, apparently, and understandably, very overwhelmed by being with her son again after everything that had happened. She said, "I'm sorry for what we said before. We just wanted what we thought was best for you, we didn't want you falling short on bills or not having enough food, was all. And of course we knew you were talented, it wasn't that we didn't think you weren't talented enough to make money, it's just so tough out there.."

Asher shushed her and said, "I understand the reasons why you said those things. Don't you ever think I'll hold them against you ever again. It's all in the past now."

Sarah smiled gratefully and lovingly up at her son, then let him go, and got herself a tissue to dry her eyes. Asher went through with the rest of the things for setting the table. He smiled and kissed Lucy on the cheek and whispered, "Sorry, she's a bit overwhelmed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back