I cannot let go

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimitchiz

Reaction score
Well, a few unusual and scary things happened to me in my life.

When I lay down and go to sleep, all the memories come seeping from my pillow into my head and I get scared and end up crying lightly.

Scary things like

I almost drowned in a tubing accident, and I almost fell for a mans tricks to get me to.. Well you know.

Everything is ok now, but I still can't help it.

You see, I would wake up my mom or dad and tell them but its so late I don't want to wake them up.

How do I stop myself from remembering?

Well, try to make all those cruel memories go away by thinking happy thoughts. Very happy thoughts. Let's say you got an iPod nano for your birthday which was just a few months ago. Try thinking of that before you go to sleep ;)

That happened to me last night, except I was so excited that I only got about 2 hours. o.o'

And if you saw me right now, you'd think I was a hyper idiot. xD

What I finally did to make me go to sleep is I listened to some music on the radio. The songs emptied my mind and made me go to sleep.

I hope you will be able to sleep better! :rolleyes:

Watch TV, read a book, or listen to music. It'll help you get your mind off it.

Try reading a book you really like, which is a happy book! ;) Or you could just think happy thoughs like what are your favorite things or what you like to eat. etc.

Hope it works out!!!

hope i helped, and have a great tama-talking day!!! :lol:

The best thing you can do is to stop living in the past.

Yes, those were some pretty bad experiences, but you should put them behind you.

You are fine, your family is fine, and there is nothing to worry about.

And some things that will help you get to sleep are: listening to music, reading a book, or writing in a journal.

On a sunny day take a walk around where you live and think how lucky we are to be the only planet in our galaxy to have living.Just maybe meet up with friends and have a shopping spree down at the mall or somthing.

Read a nice book to get your mind of this. It really works if you like it. Pick a really nice book too. And if you feel uncomfortable you should wake your parents up then it will all stop hopefully.

I have problems going to sleep, this is what I do:

o Read a book before you sleep, I kinda dream about what happened in the book

o Sing a song in your head, it's all I concentrate on

o Think of something awesome that's happened, or will happen

~ Xx-Tama-Girl-Beth-xX

Dont worry.

Here are some of the things that you should think of:

Happy Thoughts

Something Exiting

Nothing

:wacko: :(

I used to have those exact same problems. I don't know exactly what it's called but it's some kind of memory phobia. I expecially didn't like to wake my parents up because I was afraid that they would just tell me that "everything's going to be alright.... go to bed"

I would just lay there in fear of what might happen next.. . and I still have those problems sometimes, but it really helps to know that at least those things happened in the past. You can learn from your mistakes and use your new knowledge to not make those mistakes in the future.

I'm sure that if a similar surcumstance were to arise that you would know what to do and stop it from happening. It's really not as bad as it seems.

When I get these problems I like to repeat what happened over and over again in my head when I'm all alone thinking, and I like to ask myself questions like, "What happened?" or "What could have been different?" Remember not to ask questions like, "What did I do wrong?" or "Why am I so stupid as to not do that?"

If you review what you can change in the future, then if it were to ever happen again, then maybe you could change the outcome.

for ex. My friend (lets just say Maddy for safety reasons) and I were playing on top of some round hay bales at her Grandparent's house. We were reletively high up and I new that it was dangerous, but we played there anyways.

Suddenly, I could feel that the hay stack was falling over. The moment I felt it I yelled at Maddy, "It's falling!" I screamed and jumped in the opposite direction that it was falling. Unfortunitely she had froze up and fell with the hay stacks. When she hit the (concrete) floor her hip had hit the ground and she couln't mover as she helplessly awaited for the giant hay bales to squish her flat. I was yelling her name and I had yelled at my brothers who were there to go get help. I finnally found Maddy. She was laying there looking up at the giant hay bale. It had cought only a couple of feet from her face onto the latch that you latch onto a tracter on a certain tracter hookup. I pulled her out from under the hay. the expression on her face showed that she was both relieved and frieghtened out of her wits. I was thinking about what had happened and what could have happened to her for weeks.

After a while I realized that if that were to ever happen again, not only would I shought a warning, but I'll be sure to grap my friend and make sure that she comes with me!

I hope my advice helped!

Here's some more advice... If you keep having these dreams then maybe you should see a counselor and such...

Go see a therapist. They help you forget and get over what's happened to you. You need to tell your parents you can't forget, they need to know what's going on aand how to help solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back