I feel really bad right now :(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FamiFan95

Reaction score
I got all excited over the new Tama-Go. I have only one friend who loves Tamagotchies so I went to tell her about it right away. I thought she would be excited too, 'cause we've loved Tamas for years. I know we're 15 already but I thought it means nothing to her.

I was all excited, I showed her pictures and videos and stuff, but she just laughed at me and said she's too old for that and I am too, and I'm stupid if I buy Tama-Go and she said I'm also stupid because I don't want a scooter like all of my friends. :)

I feel really bad right now. We are really good friends and Tama lovers and suddenly she says that. I guess I have no friends if I buy Tama-Go .. But I really want it...

I need some comforting words here! ;_;

Hmm. Some friend you have there to say hurtful things like that. >.> I don't want to bash on your friend or anything, but one is never too old to play with a Tamagotchi. I turn 23 this year and I'm still collecting them like crazy. :) I know people older than me who still collect them! Also, sometimes conformity is overrated. :rolleyes: If you want, there's an entire thread in the "Seriously Tamagotchi" section called "Am I Too Old to Play with Tamagotchis?" I'm sure if you read through that, you'll hopefully start to feel better. Also, don't feel sad too much longer, alright? That just won't do. Cheer up! You might know this already, but you'll see it for yourself: you'll learn, especially after high school, that people evolve. It's just a fact of life. Friends you were so close with in high school will grow apart to some degree. It's inevitable. The best thing to do would just be to embrace it, be yourself, and learn how to channel moments of adversity into positive things. Maybe your friend might think Tamagotchis are stupid (people do grow in and out of phases), but I'm sure you both have many, many other things in common that you can share. Those things are what made you two become friends in the first place. You both can still be great friends. A relationship, any relationship, evolves and requires maintenance in order to succeed. I'm sure things will work out for the two of you in the end. :furawatchi:

^Thanks, that helps a lot :) It just feels really bad how my only two friends at the moment seem to against me in everything. They are telling me I'm totally childish, like they want me to stay away from them. :rolleyes: But I was talking to an old friend of mine today, and she used to like Tamagotchis too, and she made me a bit happier :furawatchi: We haven't done anything together in ages but somehow it still feels like we have a lot in common ^^ Unlike my friends these days who make fun of me and my tamagotchies and hate me for not having a scooter >.<

^ Yeah, thanks for replying, I just don't wanna lose all of my friends just because I don't have a scooter. I just don't want one! I actually have a car waiting for me to drive it :) But my friends are so weird these days, they try to act like all grown up -.- And they hate me for not acting like that. Argh, it's annoying!

I'm 16 and all my friends think I'm so weird for still liking Tamagotchis, but I just ignore them. :) You're definitely never to old to play with Tamagotchis! Friendship shouldn't be about what a person owns anyway, no matter if it's scooters, cars, or a Tamagotchi. If they hate you for not having a scooter, then maybe they're not really your friends after all. If it ends up that way, I promise you'll make new ones along your high school journey. A similar situation happened to me, and I've ended up with the best friends I could ever ask for. ♥

I never try to act grown up, and hardly ever act my age. :D We need to enjoy our youth while we have it instead of wanting to be older all the time!

I hope you and your friends can work things out. :)

^Yeah, I was pretty sad yesterday because of all that stuff, but now I'm ok and starting to play with my old Tamas again... I don't care what they say. :) And if they don't wanna be my friends for a reason like that, then fine. But for now everythings alright, thanks guys! ^^

Yeah, that was a pretty mean thing for her to say to you.

It's not fair to call someone names (She called you stupid) just because they happen enjoy something that you don't.

They might be calling you "childish" but who are the ones truly being childish here?

You might want to consider if their friendship is even worth the effort when they seem to put so much value on petty things. I also think that good friends would not throw around insults just because you like *insert thing here*. It's just inconsiderate!

I wonder how she would feel if the situation were reversed? If your group of friends were all into Tamagotchis and she was the only one who wanted a scooter? How would she feel if that group told her she was stupid just because she wanted a scooter?

I can imagine she would feel as put-down as you do now.

Don't let it get to you, and don't let other people tell you what you should or should not enjoy.

I am 23 and have been a Tamagotchi fan since 1997 when they first appeared. :hitodetchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ :hitodetchi: Thank you, I feel so happy that you people understand <3 I'm so glad TamaTalk exists ^^ And really, my friends are really good friends but sometimes they just say things like that 'cause they don't really understand it feels bad :l

My friends give me cr*p about tamas sometimes- but I showed them how cute and cool they are!! My friend Lizzy Loves watching my little Zouritchi bob around the screen! Just stick with them- or find new friends.

^ Yeah well, my best friend just came over yesterday and she's always like "Tamagotchis? What are you, 6?"... So I didn't show it to her, but she found it anyway... And she was begging me to let her play with it! o_O That was seriosly weird. Her mother HATES every kind of toys and stuff like Tamagotchis, so that's why she propably acts like she doesn't like them too. But maybe she does...

Anyway, this topic can be closed now, I was just really sad back then but now I'm okay ^^

Well i would just ignore her.

I have a friend who is a way different personalty then me and we get along!

Just get the Tama-Go and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back