I have an important decision to make

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffums

Reaction score
Next year I think I might want to go to boarding school for highschool. But then I also really want to go to the local public highschool. At my school (and the kids who are in my grade are pretty much all going to the public highschool in my town next year) everyone is really nice to me and I have lot's of friends. I think boarding school would be a really great experience too though. My dad says that I can do whatever I want, but I don't know what I want to do! I want to go to both, but that's impossible. If I do go I won't be able to do girl scouts (well, I might be able to, but just not as many of the meetings, activities, or get my gold award), I'll have to leave my dog and rabbit behind (I would get to come home once every two months though and if I bring my rabbit to live at my grandparent's house (they're only like an hour away from one of the boarding schools I might go to), I might be able to see him every other weekend), and I wouldn't ever get to see most of the kids from school again. I'm not too worried about missing my friends and family, I'd get to see them over breaks and talk to them on the phone. But it's the random kids from school who just make me smile and who are so nice and funny that I'd never get to see again that I'd miss. I also would need to start talking more and being more social, if I wanted to make friends. I just don't know what to do. My mom says that I can apply to them, and then if I get in we'll see. I just really don't know what to do. Do you think you could help, and if you went to boarding school (or currently go to one), could you tell me if you like/liked it?

I couldn't tell you because I go to public school.

I will say this, though. You could go and love it. But, if you hate it and are having a lot of troubles you have no one to go to. All your friends and family are miles away and that could be really tough.

I'd say apply to the schools, get information and then discuss if this is the best choice for you.

I know! Go on an Orientation day to look around both schools and see which you like best. (I had to do that to every secondary school near our school.) I picked the one I liked alot. I hoped I helped out a bit.

~SG~

Oh not boarding school! We will never be able to speak to ya and also boarding school can be a bit much. You will also be homesick.

-RS

I wouldn't go to boarding school. It may be strict, and you may get homesick. Also, you don't get any personal time to yourself.

That boarding school sounds interesting.

I would do a search with that name in it and see if you can find people's blogs who go there. That may give you insite to how the place is run. Worth a try anyway.

One of my friends go to boarding school because her family lives in the country and the nearest high school that you could go to was out of town. She seems to like it there and says that it's fun. I can't really say anything else about boarding schools...

Well, we've sent away for information to a ton of schools, and we've set up interviews (I would also get to go on a tour of the campus) for about eight schools, I think. Most of the schools that I want to go to have mostly single rooms, so I think I would get enough private time.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back