I have to memorize ALL of this...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imbored

Reaction score
Hot Fudge Sundae

There’s been a lot of talk lately about reincarnation. Some people pay for what the call “past life regressions”. They hope to find out who they were before they became who they are now.

The Man who fixed our bathroom sink told us that he lived in Egypt more than two thousand years ago, and helped build one of the pyramids. I asked him what he did in the time between the pyramids and becoming a plumber, buy he didn’t know.

While it would be interesting to know who I was in past lives, I’m more curious who I might be in the future. If I am destined to be a rich, powerful person. The Queen of England, for example, or the owner of Microsoft. . I’d like to know it now so I can look forward to it. Maybe I could even arrange a loan from the bank, to be paid off by the future me.

On the other hand, if I’m scheduled to be an aphid or a cutworm the next time around, forever at the mercy of a dedicated gardener armed with pesticides, I’d rather not know.

If I could be anything at all, I’d be a hot fudge sundae. Hot fudge sundaes don’t last too long, but while they are here, they bring pure pleasure. Everyone loves hot fudge sundaes. I’d be the best hot fudge sundae: Large, cold scoops of rich vanilla ice cream, the expensive kind, made with eggs and a high percent of butterfat.

My hot fudge sauce would be think and creamy and there’d be more than enough, so that whoever ate the sundae wouldn’t run out of sauce before they ran out of ice cream.

There would be whipped cream on top, the real whipped cream, not the kind that gets squirt out of a can. It would be whipped stiff and there would be a thick white glob it.

Nuts are important, of course, but not the tiny pieces of chopped pecans or walnuts that are so often sprinkled on top. I will have whole cashews and peanuts, lightly salted, and resting in the whipped cream. A bright red cherry, with the stem still on, will be my crown.

Think what pleasure such a sundae would give a person who was lucky enough to eat it. My mouth waters at the thought.

My brother says I can’t do it. He says if I’m reincarnated, I have to come as a human, not as a thing. He says I can’t be a cutworm, either, because once I’ve reached a certain level of life, I can’t go back to a lower level. If he’s right, I don’t have to worry about the pesticide problem.

I’m not sure whether to believe him or not. I suspect in his past life, my brother was a slave trader or one of the ruthless rulers who dominated the peasants. Kyle’s not known for his compassion, nor for his open mind

Of course, there is not way to prove if he’s right or wrong. There’s not way to prove anything about reincarnation except maybe to die, and I’m not in that much of a hurry to find out. There are too many things I want to do in this life.

Like fix myself a genuine hot fudge sundae, with real whipped cream and whole cashews. Why am I standing here, talking about my future lives when I could be eating this sundae right now??

THE END

Try reading it once every five minutes then testing yourself on how well you know it ever twenty minutes. As you keep progressing go longer periods of time without reading it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Write it on index cards. Take words away one at a time, until there is nothing left. I don't know, but that used to help me when I had to memorize a presentation or something. :p

Ouch! Learn it bit by bit, and have your friends and family test you! ^_^

EDIT: By the way, I totally sympathise! I go to Drama School every Saturday because I am in training to be an actress, and I am in many musicals and productions right now! In two of them I am the main star, with solos and everything! I always put aside an hour or so of line-learning each day, before bed or some other time when you are feeling relaxed. It really helps! :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back