I need your help!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Matchmaker

Reaction score
My parents said I hadn't been eating enough, so on Monday, they took me to the doctor. The doctor said I was losing a lot of weight, so I had to go to the hospital and get all these blood tests done. The tests came out fine, but now my parents are freaking out.

They're making me eat so much I feel like I'm about to puke and they keep counting my calories to make sure I eat enough. I told them I didn't want to eat anymore and they say I just need to get my metabolism high and I'll get used to it.

I feel like I gained a little weight already and I'm sick from eating so much. My parents just say that I have to eat it and I'll stay the same weight cuz they did all this research. I don't know if I should do what they say, eat it, and make myself sick, or not eat it and have them get even more freaked out. They're already bringing me to a psychiatrist about not eating enough next week.

What should I do?!

Tell your parents that your ok I don't mean to be rude but how much do you weigh?

- you don't have to tell but I'm just curious - My friends think I'm anorexic - because I'm the size of a twig practically - but I'm most certainly not XD I eat more than some of my friends do lol but I'd tell your parents that your ok even though your not eating alot.

First, sit down with your parents BEFORE this whole food thing arises and they are shoving it in your mouth already. Make sure they know you are serious and that you need to talk to them about the issue.

Explain to them what and why you are feeling this, your thoughts and see what they have to say. Explain your side and maybe suggest you go with them to a nutrition counselor.

I know, kind of a cookie cutter answer but I believe that you need to talk to THEM about it. ;]

I was anorexic last year. I know you aren't, but I know that it was so hard for me to gain weight. I see a rhematologist (sp?) and he threatened to send me to the hospital and feed me through a tube. o.o It took me about 6 months to start eating properly again. I am finally gaining weight. So I know what it feels like not to be hungry - I trained myself not to be hungry is the only difference.

I agree with tamaw/pants. You need to talk to your parents. Or, talk to a school counselor about this privately. :D It will take some time to start eating whether you want to or not - your parents should know that you can't go from small appitite to large appitite in a day. It could take a matter of months to get your appitite back.

That sounds like your appetite has decreased. Nothing much, but your parents are shoving food down your throat, just ask them to stop. If they don't, refuse to eat all your food.

I was anorexic last year. I know you aren't, but I know that it was so hard for me to gain weight. I see a rhematologist (sp?) and he threatened to send me to the hospital and feed me through a tube. o.o It took me about 6 months to start eating properly again. I am finally gaining weight. So I know what it feels like not to be hungry - I trained myself not to be hungry is the only difference.
I agree with tamaw/pants. You need to talk to your parents. Or, talk to a school counselor about this privately. :p It will take some time to start eating whether you want to or not - your parents should know that you can't go from small appitite to large appitite in a day. It could take a matter of months to get your appitite back.
Same thing with me, actually.

And I already talked to my parents. They have nothing else to say. They just say it's for my health. Trust me, I can't change their minds.

I've been refusing to eat a lot of the stuff lately and I haven't been feeling as sick, though. I have to go to the doctor's Monday so he sees how I'm going.

Maybe you just got finished with a growth spurt. I always loose a few pounds after a growth spurt. Is it just a couple pounds, or is weight dropping off you like crazy?

Tell your parents that your ok I don't mean to be rude but how much do you weigh? - you don't have to tell but I'm just curious - My friends think I'm anorexic - because I'm the size of a twig practically - but I'm most certainly not XD I eat more than some of my friends do lol but I'd tell your parents that your ok even though your not eating alot.
Same here,lol,im almost 13 and weigh 80 pounds ;)

Just tell your parents your fine with eating the amount you do, and that they need to stop making you eat so much :D

See I'm fine with it and they're not. :/

I was 108 back in September when I was checked before and then I'm 94 now. I don't think weight is dropping off like crazy, but I'm still losing some...

I'm seeing the doctor again tomorrow, so we'll see what he says about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back