I really hate that on ebay Canada is considered international.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claiken

Reaction score
From the US that is.

First of all, i could drive to the US in 5 minutes with no traffic/border holdups.

second of all, i am now having to ask every seller if and what their shipping is to canada, where before it would have just been automatically listed.

even the ones that do list canadian shipping arent accurate. Theyre often costing up to $30 with import fees (New crappy system) for the shipping when the real cost is $10 or $11.

but 95% of sellers just dont list that they even ship to canada anymore...

ugh. frusterating. gets hard to keep track of which seller sent a message about which item. (i know, it tells you, but when your looking at your ebay watching list, you cant remember all of the prices).

Just had to rant somewhere....

As fellow canadian I can relate.

all this import charge Bull really makes me mad.

I've NEVER had to pay import charges in my life and get things shipped form all over the world. the dang seller just pockets that money. and not to mention the seller already over charges for shipping 90% of the time.

i'm sorry but it doesnt cost $18.44 to ship a v1 to canada from the us.

$4 MAX.

so here we are

$24 for the tama

about $10- $24 in import charges

then $14- $30 shipping.

Hate ebay

i too have never had to pay any import charges. from anywhere. some things required a signature so i had to pick them up at the post office, but didnt have to pay... only had to verify it was me. ive always thought the shipping prices were crazy but its even worse now.

Not to mention, packaging supplies (bubble mailers, etc) can be purchased at any dollar store now... theres no way the envelope costs $6 and the stamps $4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate the way that sellers try to pocket every single dollar they can get. Plus, they write poor descriptions (e.g: where they can ship to, I've seen a lot of people saying they can ship to Canada but it's not available in the description, even if I don't live in Canada.) If they get the same amount of money as the amount they bought the item for, why be greedy and want more money? eBay's import fees system just makes it worse.

Rant Room. LOL.

That's odd, because on Ebay sellers are not allowed to make profit off ANY shipping. I had this happen before, paid for priority mail and they ended up sending it standard. Something I should have gotten in 2-3 days took over 2 weeks, all for them to pocket close to $1.50. Really? I fought it on Ebay and they ruled in my favor, saying that the seller broke policy, and I actually got a full refund back (but I only wanted the difference in shipping).

I would think Ebay is supposed to automatically calculate shipping charges for international. I don't ship international since I have to fill out a form and such, to which it's hard for me to get to a post office due to my schedule, but that does all sound ridiculously high....

Midorime, I thought so too, but I allways pay different costs for shipping, for same weight and dimensions and method. From usa it varies between 15 dollar and up to 45 dollar for shipping.

I have no doubts that although sellers are "not allowed" to profit from shipping, they do. Whos going to catch them, after all?

now im even more ticked with ebay... didnt warn me that i had been outbid, only just emailed me to say i lost it!!! ugh!

Midorime, I thought so too, but I allways pay different costs for shipping, for same weight and dimensions and method. From usa it varies between 15 dollar and up to 45 dollar for shipping.
Might be difference in region, post office used, etc. Not fully sure. I try to do free shipping or 'calculated' in which case it's between Ebay and the post office/service used that determines the charge.

Amazon is worst... only 1/25 sellers ship to Canada, and even somtimes you have to ask and negociate!! Weird since New York - Montreal is waaay closer than New York - Texas... but they seem to be living in a different world. Gaawh :(

Amazon is worst... only 1/25 sellers ship to Canada, and even somtimes you have to ask and negociate!! Weird since New York - Montreal is waaay closer than New York - Texas... but they seem to be living in a different world. Gaawh :(
thats another sucky thing. wasnt looking for virtual pets on there but something else i *needed*. i dont know how many pretend checkouts i did just to see if the did ship.

(btw, amazon.ca sucks. you can get things cheaper with the shipping and imports alot of the time!! just a matter of finding one who will ship here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back