I seriously don't know what to do

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*~Jess~*

Reaction score
A few months or so ago I made a topic like this about a guy that started playing handball with me at lunch. Well, since then he has become a valued friend of mine, my closest guy friend.

But there is a BIG problem. He likes me. How do I know, you ask? Where do I begin!? Early term 3 when I barely knew him, he sat infront of me and one day he turned around and tried to pull me shoe off. I have no idea why. Ages ago when I first starting playing handball with him, his friend told me he liked me. I didn't take much notice of it back then though. Then he started hanging out with me in every subject he had with me (English, Maths, HPE). In HPE, I am basically the only one who he talks to apart from his friend.

For the last few weeks when he plays handball with me, he has been putting his bag on top of mine, which is freaky.

Other key points are that he always looks at me, smiles at me ALL THE TIME, he hates when I'm away and if I'm not playing handball, he doesn't either. And he always picks on me.

Just recently, a new kid came into our English class and we were asked to introduce ourselves and what we like doing. And of course he has to say something stupid. He says "I am ___ and I like to laugh at Jessica!" It was fairly funny though.

I muck around with him all the time, when he kicks me, I kick him back. I smile at him, but in a friend kind of way. I like being around him and sure, I like him, but as a friend.

Sometimes I feel like I am leading him on and gesturing that I like him, but I don't.

I feel as if I need to tell him I don't like him, but I would absolutely hate it if I hurt him because I seriously care for him. He is one of my best friends, boy or girl.

I would hate it if our friendship was ruined because of this.

PLEASE HELP!

i hate these sorta situations coz im in one sorta myself *bangs head on*

ok im sure your expecting comments like 'just be yourself' or 'comfront im' stuff like that but honestly i think you should just let the thing play out for a while and see what happens

That's what I've done.

Just today I was teasing him (as he does to me) when he got out, and then he said "Shut up or I'll punch you in the chest". Of course I don't take the punching thing seriously, but in the chest? We normally tease eachother like that and he says how he hates me when I get him out when we are playing handball and we 'threaten' eachother in a friendly way all the time.

I don't want this situation to come between us. I am worried ;)

I'm in the same situation.

I mean, with my friend, he really does like me. I drives me nuts!!!! :p

But changing the subject............

If you don't love someone back, you have to be nice about it.

If your SURE he really likes you, try

:D Telling him how you really feel.

;) Don't cover up your feelings or lie; it just gets you into situations you don't want to be in.

:D Say you want to be friends ;)

:D Don't act strange or anything like that, it gives him the wrong message.

And you don't know, you might actually like him back! :blink:

Oceangotchi123 ;)

I'm in the same situation.I mean, with my friend, he really does like me. I drives me nuts!!!! :p

But changing the subject............

If you don't love someone back, you have to be nice about it.

If your SURE he really likes you, try

:D Telling him how you really feel.

:( Don't cover up your feelings or lie; it just gets you into situations you don't want to be in.

:D Say you want to be friends ;)

:angry: Don't act strange or anything like that, it gives him the wrong message.

And you don't know, you might actually like him back! :blink:

Oceangotchi123 :)
I am sure he likes me, and I am sure I don't love him.

It is nearly time to go to school now. Most of the people in my classes will be going to Band Camp for the rest of the week, and it will basically be me and him in every subject. And I have a bad feeling about today... :(

Tell him, "Look, I'm flattered you like me, but I like you just as a friend."

*Pokes above post* ~Nya good advice!

Haz. Same situation, three times! (Still in one gah)

Normally I would simply say 'Look I know you like me and all but I love Michael' or something. But They all know that now, Gah.

What I say to say is "Look, I need some space and I know you like me, but I just like you as a friend. Maybe later we can progress but I am not ready now" Trust me, Havinng that said to you is now parade, (I know) but it won't ruin your friendship with him. My old crush Nick basically said that to me, we are good friends and we joke around a lot but we are ONLY friends.

Trust me on this. If anyone knows it its me. I have been in this situation once with Victor, Nick, Daniel and Michael. We are good friends, me and Nick still :eek:

Dun be afraid. Its all worth it.

Don't seriously go out with him. Just be like "we can only just be only friends."

Boyfriends and girlfriends ruin friendship. Friends are higher and worth more in value then boyfriends and girlfriends, they come and go.

What's more fun having some relationship or kicking it with your good friend? Don't make the same mistake I made. :\

Holy Crap

I Had The Same Problem

Except I Lost My Guy Friend Because I Ignored Him (Bad Choice)

Tell Him You Don't Love Him But You Like Him As A Friend

Plain And Simple

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys are sensitive. Their hearts are easy to break and I learned that the hard way. But then again, it's usually true that once you go out with someone and break up with them, you often end up avoiding that person like the plague. But if you're willing to risk breaking his heart, you should tell him that you just want to be friends. If he does get upset, be sure to console him. That will help him feel like you still care as a friend.

Tell him, "Look, I'm flattered you like me, but I like you just as a friend."
no don't say anything like that to him. Sure thats your typical advice but if you say that he will just denie he eva liked you then you will look stupid in front of many people and your friendship will be ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back