I think I need help

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple pyonkotchi

Reaction score
Okay.

You guys know of the game called 5 nights at freddy's, right? (If not, it's a jumpscare horror game-like thing.)

Well I heard about it recently and looked it up. It didn't seem too bad so I watched a few lets play videos of it. I regret it so much.

Now I'm feeling very scared at night when I usually don't, and end up staying awake until 3 AM because I can't sleep. I try to think of other things but it's so hard to, especially with it being to dark in my room. I can't help but compare it to when the power goes out on that game.

Also not to mention that I have to close both my closet and other door at night because I'm so scared, and for the first time in years I have to sleep with my radio on at night.

...And besides all this, during the day always end up looking up funny 5 nights at freddy's pictures. idk why I get a laugh out of it when I know I'm going to regret it so much at night.

When I'm in bed, I actually feel like puking because I'm so scared. This really isn't good guys.

What can I do to stop this? I want a normal night's sleep again but that blasted game keeps ruining it.

Any tips?

(oooh no and my sister just said there's a tornado warning tonight, and we'll have to all crowd in a dark closet if it gets bad. Uhhhhhhh ;-0

Last edited by a moderator:
I had something similar i saw a scary picture and couldn't forget it and keep thinking about it. You will get over it trust me. For the time being you better don't sleep alone. Sleep together with your sis or even your dog or cat. You will feel alot safer. And think Chica Freddy Foxy and Lavendel are cute!

this happens to me a lot. i put my lamp on and my TV on to the religious channel. i also put on relaxing music on youtube and i take melatonin.

If you are reacting that that to 5 Nights at Freddy's and other scary things, and it gets in the way of your daily life, I suggest to not look at anything scary for a while. No scary movies or anything that triggers your fears. If you stop looking at "funny" yet scary pictures during the day, maybe your fear will ease a bit. Hope I helped!

I actually didn't find five nights at Freddy's that scary, try playing it without sound, it's not scary and it's really fun, quite frustration tho, I always die around the third night xD

Anyway I would recommend you to have an old clock in your room, when I was small and I couldn't sleep because I feared something the clock made Me feel better, or even better, if you have a Japanese tama that has "heartbeat" you can sleep with it, that way you won't feel alone :)

Well, when I was a kid I was really afraid of leaving any open door at night because of something I saw (I can't recall what I was, exactly). I'm not easily afraid of anything, even as a child, so I know it was a serious thing. And to be brutally honest, the only thing that worked for me was letting time pass --years, actually...-, letting my mind comprehend that there wasn't anything to fear about leaving open doors at night when I went to sleep. Only thing that I found helped was sleeping with a plush and covered with my blankets completely, leaving just a tiny space around my mouth area to breathe out. Though I wouldn't recommend doing that because, at least for me, it became an addiction and I had a hard time trying to sleep without doing that even when I wasn't afraid anymore. Maybe you could try putting your phone under your pillow and playing some music when you go to sleep? If you put it under your pillow you'll hear the music slightly muffled through it and you may find it relaxing.

I hope you'll get past your fear soon.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions :D

I don't feel as scared of it anymore and I can actually watch my sister play it without dying over every jumpscare lol

And even today when the 2nd FNAF demo came out me and my sister were just cracking jokes all throughout it XD

I tried what you all said and I guess it worked because I don't feel afraid of animatronics now yeee

Thanks again :D

This kind of thing happened to me that ruined my whole month of June. I played this game called LSD: DREAM EMULATOR for the Playstation 1 and you explore the dream world.

At random instances, this guy in a trench coat and a hat (dubbed the Grey Man by the community) appears right in front of you and slowly walks toward you. I was always hiding in my room and I had all sorts of nightmares about the Grey Man.. This game also had some strange effects on other people too... A person on youtube doing lets plays stopped playing the game because he played it in his sleep...

picture of grey man
tumblr_lwkv0uC9ec1ql8e6r1.png
lsd_017.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back