I want a hamster.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama~lover~V3

Reaction score
I want a hamseter so badly.

My parents wont let me though.

I got all As on my report card but still no.

Can you help me?

Do you have any suggestion how to make them say yes?

~T~L~V~3~

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=10pt]Well.. maybe you could show some improvement, maturity, and brive them if you can, it might sound bad, but it works at times. x) Things like cleaning up the whole house, and etc.[/SIZE]

Hey.. I wanted a pet plant and my parents said no.. So I wouldn't know what you would gain from asking me X3

Well, when I was a bit younger, I wanted a hamster really bad. But then I lost interest, THEN I wanted one again! I asked my parents but they weren't sure and they said no. I gave it some time and went on a walk with my dad. We talked a lot about getting one. And I finally got a couple of hamsters!

My advice to you is to not rush, give it time. Talk to your parents- don't beg or bug them about it every day. Just be patient, i'm sure you will get one some day if you really want one!

kawaii-cat <_<

In my experience, hamsters don't really make great pets. You will most likely tire of the hamster really quickly, and you will have to clean the cage at least once a week and feed it and change its water daily, and play with it... and you may start to regret your decision. For me, it was a lot of work with no gratification, since hamsters don't really show a lot of affection.

In my experience, hamsters don't really make great pets. You will most likely tire of the hamster really quickly, and you will have to clean the cage at least once a week and feed it and change its water daily, and play with it... and you may start to regret your decision. For me, it was a lot of work with no gratification, since hamsters don't really show a lot of affection.
Yeah make sure it's the right pet for you. Having gerbils or hamsters ain't my tea either since my main thing is having them more than a few years which is how long they generally live for.

Well I have a bird. But mY mom plays with the bird and I don't have time. I really want a hamster in my room (not where my bird can see it) All my friends have hamsters too. I'll try that cleaning but my mom always says I've got it all wrong. My parents don't give chore money so I can't buy it. We have to pay 1000 dollars each month. X.X Oh and I'm very inpatiant.

P.S. I clean my birds cage evertime.

Well I have a bird. But mY mom plays with the bird and I don't have time. I really want a hamster in my room (not where my bird can see it) All my friends have hamsters too. I'll try that cleaning but my mom always says I've got it all wrong. My parents don't give chore money so I can't buy it. We have to pay 1000 dollars each month. X.X Oh and I'm very inpatiant.
P.S. I clean my birds cage evertime.
Well you're have to change your impatience if you're going to get anywhere...and if you want something just because your friends have it your excuse for wanting one is even weaker to start! Independent thought is a nice thing, should try it sometime ;)

At any rate why not ask your parents what it would take to get one? Instead of trying ideas in the dark?

Read some books about them first, look at some online stuff. It really pays to learn about a pet before you buy it/adopt it. If a hamster doesn't seem like the pet for you, you shouldn't get one. A couple quick notes about them - yes, they are cute, but they aren't cuddly. They love to explore and even the most calm ones won't sit in your hands or lap for more than a minute. Second - hamsters sleep during the day. Since they aren't as active as a gerbil, they really should come out of thier cage for exercise every day. Hamsters are also rather stinky. They aren't without thier advantages though. My hamster, two years, died a while ago. (Hamsters usually only live two to three years.) He was extremely calm, wonderfully tame, and I really do think he loved me. Hamsters have a reputation for being "bitey", but Blacky never bit me, ever, ever. He was also extremely intelligent for a hamster. Most hamsters aren't like this though, sadly. :lol: Could I recommend gerbils instead of a hamster? They live longer (three to five years) are awake during the day, don't need to be taken out to play as often as hamsters (although they do love it), and thier home needs cleaning only every two weeks. They are completely odorless animals, and tend to be more tame, smart, and affectionate than a hamster. They are also hilarious to watch. My gerbies will run on thier wheel, then dive through a few toys, and cling to the cage bars because they want to be taken out. They are also SO cute! They are brave, curious, cheap, and very easy to take care of. They are also loving and rewarding animals to keep. However, you MUST get two, since gerbils get lonely if they are kept alone. They sleep together, play fight, and groom another gerbil. (Be sure to read more about whatever animal you think you would rather get before you try to start to convince your mom.)

Read some books about them first, look at some online stuff. It really pays to learn about a pet before you buy it/adopt it. If a hamster doesn't seem like the pet for you, you shouldn't get one. A couple quick notes about them - yes, they are cute, but they aren't cuddly. They love to explore and even the most calm ones won't sit in your hands or lap for more than a minute. Second - hamsters sleep during the day. Since they aren't as active as a gerbil, they really should come out of thier cage for exercise every day. Hamsters are also rather stinky. They aren't without thier advantages though. My hamster, two years, died a while ago. (Hamsters usually only live two to three years.) He was extremely calm, wonderfully tame, and I really do think he loved me. Hamsters have a reputation for being "bitey", but Blacky never bit me, ever, ever. He was also extremely intelligent for a hamster. Most hamsters aren't like this though, sadly. :p Could I recommend gerbils instead of a hamster? They live longer (three to five years) are awake during the day, don't need to be taken out to play as often as hamsters (although they do love it), and thier home needs cleaning only every two weeks. They are completely odorless animals, and tend to be more tame, smart, and affectionate than a hamster. They are also hilarious to watch. My gerbies will run on thier wheel, then dive through a few toys, and cling to the cage bars because they want to be taken out. They are also SO cute! They are brave, curious, cheap, and very easy to take care of. They are also loving and rewarding animals to keep. However, you MUST get two, since gerbils get lonely if they are kept alone. They sleep together, play fight, and groom another gerbil. (Be sure to read more about whatever animal you think you would rather get before you try to start to convince your mom.)
I don't want a gerbil. There are some kinds of hamsters that are away during the day and are always cuddly. I'll think about it though.

I don't want a gerbil. There are some kinds of hamsters that are away during the day and are always cuddly. I'll think about it though.
Well it's your choice. Out of the five hamster species you can keep as pets, none are truly diurnal. The four dwarf hamsters are awake during periods of both the day and night. No hamsters are cuddly. The Syrian ones are best for handling, although even they would prefer to run around and play. You cannot cuddle a hamster like you can a cat. (Before you argue back with me, read some quick hamster articles on the Internet - I don't want this to turn into a flame war. :D )

I checked the internet and it said Teddy Bear hamsters are sometimes cuddely.

I think I'd was a Guinie Pig <---(sp?)

Well, if you save up the money for it and do jobs for money, eventually when you have enough just ask your parents again. If they see how dedicated you are to get one they might change their minds. I'd recommend getting a Robovski hamster. They're really small (they're like mice with out the tails!) and they will need a special cage, because the bars will have to be nearer to each other because the hamsters are smaller than ordinary hamsters, but the cage won't have to be that big and they're cheaper than the ordinary hamsters. I'm not sure about prices where you live (part of that reason is because I don't know where you live) but where I live, when I first got my hamsters, which were robovskis, here was the list of stuff I needed:

Hamsters: £10 each

Cage: £30

Bag of Food: £2

Water Bottle: £3

Porcilan food bowl: £3

Vitimin Drops (optional): £7.50

Total cost(excl. Drops): £48

Total (Incl. Drops): £55:50

That's the rices where I live. They'll probabluy be different where you live though!

Hope I helped!

I have a cage so no need to worry about that.

Hamsters here are 10$ or something.

My friend has hamster food if we run our and I have vitamin drops so I'm almost all set! :rolleyes:

I would show them this if they see you know how to take care of one they may change their minds :rolleyes: I hope you get one soon. here

~♥Candy♥~

Maybe try doing some extra chores around your house. They will see that your responsible enough for a hamster. Hope it helps!

-Happyqueen :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back