I want this character!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suzy223

Reaction score
Lately, I've noticed a lot of people going for a specific character instead of raising their character with love. Heck, even I've done it a few times.

So I have this question:

Why can't we love the character we get?

Sure, you may get a Tarakotchi, but that doesn't mean it isn't as loveable as a Mimitchi. Some Mimitchi's can even be a pain in the butt to raise.

I am raising my current tamagotchi with patience. I give her whatever she needs, and hopefully, Chou will turn out to be a happy adult. I want my tamagotchi to be happy when it grows up.

Does anybody else think it is unfair to raise a tamagotchi in one way instead of letting it get what it needs?

Lately, I've noticed a lot of people going for a specific character instead of raising their character with love. Heck, even I've done it a few times.
So I have this question:

Why can't we love the character we get?

Sure, you may get a Tarakotchi, but that doesn't mean it isn't as loveable as a Mimitchi. Some Mimitchi's can even be a pain in the butt to raise.

I am raising my current tamagotchi with patience. I give her whatever she needs, and hopefully, Chou will turn out to be a happy adult. I want my tamagotchi to be happy when it grows up.

Does anybody else think it is unfair to raise a tamagotchi in one way instead of letting it get what it needs?
Exactly. You think like myself.

I think people should just learn to love their tamagotchis for what they are. :) I love mine, and even though I sometimes don't get the best looking character; I still think it's beautiful because I love it! :furawatchi:

Love, Amizura

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. You think like myself.
I think people should just learn to love their tamagotchis for what they are. :) I love mine, and even though I sometimes don't get the best looking character; I love it all the same because I love it! :furawatchi:

Love, Amizura
Thank you. There are only a few smart people out there, and you are one of them.

Mweh, not many people are going to see this, but I still made this.

There are more than a few smart people on TamaTalk. Stick around and you will see that a lot of us appreciate whatever Tamagotchi we have at any given time. Please don't be so quick to judge. :furawatchi:

There are more than a few smart people on TamaTalk. Stick around and you will see that a lot of us appreciate whatever Tamagotchi we have at any given time. Please don't be so quick to judge. :furawatchi:
I know. But I cannot stand chatspeakers. I really can't. They drive me insane.

I'm not going to try to flame some people, but I think I just did, on another thread.

This makes 2 more smart people. (Yes, you.)

Suzy233, I am the kind of person that generally gets annoyed when I see this good/bad character fad rubbish. It is an idea that I am trying to hammer out of the members here with all my might. I agree... let's have fun rather than reset the tama because they got what some school buddy said was a "bad" character.

However, I can also understand that some people may look at the character chart and other people's screen shots and go "Wow! That's really cute! I wouldn't mind having one of those!" or get a tamagotchi character that they think "Ergh.. that's a little bit ugly. Don't think I want that again". Admittedly, the only tried and tested influence on outcome we've found is generation (odd or even). However, with human desires in mind, is it completely unreasonable for people to try "methods" which appear to have worked for others to get a character they like or avoid one they dislike? It would seem to me that people go through phased. First they try and take the very best care until they die or they buy a second tama. Then comes experimentation... lets gets X character or lets try debug! These phases can co-exist or be completely independant. After all... it is just a game. :lol:

Tamagotchis are exactly what you make of them. If you wish to make the thing alive.. then so be it. Enjoy yourself and stop worrying about others - (otherwise you'll only get burned by those that don't share your ideas).

BTW - welcome to Tamatalk ;)

Suzy233, I am the kind of person that generally gets annoyed when I see this good/bad character fad rubbish. It is an idea that I am trying to hammer out of the members here with all my might. I agree... let's have fun rather than reset the tama because they got what some school buddy said was a "bad" character.
However, I can also understand that some people may look at the character chart and other people's screen shots and go "Wow! That's really cute! I wouldn't mind having one of those!" or get a tamagotchi character that they think "Ergh.. that's a little bit ugly. Don't think I want that again". Admittedly, the only tried and tested influence on outcome we've found is generation (odd or even). However, with human desires in mind, is it completely unreasonable for people to try "methods" which appear to have worked for others to get a character they like or avoid one they dislike? After all... it is just a game. :lol:

Tamagotchis are exactly what you make of them. If you wish to make the thing alive.. then so be it. Enjoy yourself and stop worrying about others - (otherwise you'll only get burned by those that don't share your ideas).

BTW - welcome to Tamatalk ;)
Yes, I know. First people usually aim for the character they like. But what annoys me to no end is when people decide to reset their tama's because they didn't get the character they wanted. Now that is just plain mean.

I'm sorry, I don't think Tamagotchi's are only a game-- I believe them to be companions on our journey of life. Call me crazy, but that's what I am-- crazy.

I don't get upset easily. As it says on my signature, I have an attitude of my own.

And, thank you.

I'm sorry, I don't think Tamagotchi's are only a game-- I believe them to be companions on our journey of life. Call me crazy, but that's what I am-- crazy.
That's ok. :lol: Just understand that there are quite a lot of people who do feel it is just a game and want to experiment with getting new characters, methods and debugging. Being younger they will also make those " ZOMG! YOU CAN GET MEMTCHI LYKE THIS!" threads. :D I despise them as much as you do...as I too am not on the endless drive for X character however, I choose not to be bothered by them because I know what they are trying to achieve. It is about perspective and I think you have the maturity to understand all this and make a decision about how best to tackle this kind of stuff. ;)

For myself I tend to stick by the old 'Don't like it, don't read it'. ;)

i love my Tamagotchis but i do get mad at them if they turn into characters i hate. i know it's not their fault that they evolved that way and that i should love them all equally but when i get Tarakotchi or Masketchi or some of the v3 adult characters (i don't know their names because i haven't looked at the v3 growth chart yet, i want to be surprised) i get mad and yes, i do love them a little less when they evolve into those characters and all i want is for them to have babies so i can have a different character.

with the exception of the Angelgotchi, when i take care of my Tamagotchis i don't take care of it a specific way in hopes of getting a certain character because i find that it evolves into whatever it wants to, regardless of the care i give it. i do hope for certain characters, and i do love my Tamagotchis a little less when i get characters i don't particularly like. i don't think this makes me a bad person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back