I want to!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jappyx

Reaction score
Hello all. :D

I have this strange feeling of me really wanting to start up an Ancestor, but I can't think of which one!

I have an Ocean, an Angle and P1s. I can't decide what to start up.

Oceans are hard to look after, yet fun. I'm not sure I have the time to dedicate my life to it at the moment. :D

Angles are really fun, and easy.

And P1s are really fun also, although the slow response to buttons is often annoying, however I do get use to it after a few hours/days.

What do you all think? What should I start up? :p

-Jappyx

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't know about English-language Oceans, but the Japanese-language ones (Umi no Tamagotchi) aren't that hard. Here are a few tips & tricks to help.

Polar Bear

Polar Bear attacks are predictable. A 50-minute cycle counter runs while an Ocean character is awake. The polar bear may attack when it passes through 0. For example, if you see the polar bear at 4:00 PM, the next time he may appear is 4:50 PM. Then after that, 5:40 PM, and 6:30 PM. If your Ocean character then goes to sleep at 7:00 PM, and wakes at 9:00 AM, watch out for the polar bear at 9:20 AM the next morning. In this example, these are the only times he may appear, but he may give you a break and decide to not appear sometimes. The 50-minute cycle will be disrupted when an Ocean character evolves.

Meals, Snacks, Games

An Ocean character will not die* of hunger or sadness. If you can stand the near-constant beeping, you can raise an Ocean to an adult without ever having fed it a meal or snack, nor ever having played a game with it. You still have to cure it when it gets ill, and clean the water when it gets polluted. If you want to raise the discipline bar give a time-out whenever it beeps. The majority of the time the response will be "?", because it was beeping because of empty hearts, but enough times you will catch discipline-requiring beeps instead.

(* = before age 7)

Ages & Stages

Egg = 5 minutes to hatch

Baby = 56 minutes (note: all babies become ill at about 29 minutes after hatch)

Toddler = 49 - 50 hours (becomes teen when clock's hour changes, after 49 hours as a toddler)

Teen = 47 hours

Adult = until death. After turning 7, its care needs increase greatly (drops a hungry heart about every 1 minute and a happy heart about every 2.5 minutes.)

(Can you guess which type of Tamagotchi I've been raising for the past few months?)

Well, I don't know about English-language Oceans, but the Japanese-language ones (Umi no Tamagotchi) aren't that hard.  Here are a few tips & tricks to help.
Polar Bear

Polar Bear attacks are predictable.  A 50-minute cycle counter runs while an Ocean character is awake.  The polar bear may attack when it passes through 0.  For example, if you see the polar bear at 4:00 PM, the next time he may appear is 4:50 PM.  Then after that, 5:40 PM, and 6:30 PM.  If your Ocean character then goes to sleep at 7:00 PM, and wakes at 9:00 AM, watch out for the polar bear at 9:20 AM the next morning.  In this example, these are the only times he may appear, but he may give you a break and decide to not appear sometimes.  The 50-minute cycle will be disrupted when an Ocean character evolves.

Meals, Snacks, Games

An Ocean character will not die* of hunger or sadness.  If you can stand the near-constant beeping, you can raise an Ocean to an adult without ever having fed it a meal or snack, nor ever having played a game with it.  You still have to cure it when it gets ill, and clean the water when it gets polluted.  If you want to raise the discipline bar give a time-out whenever it beeps.  The majority of the time the response will be "?", because it was beeping because of empty hearts, but enough times you will catch discipline-requiring beeps instead.

(* = before age 7)

Ages & Stages

Egg = 5 minutes to hatch

Baby = 56 minutes (note: all babies become ill at about 29 minutes after hatch)

Toddler = 49 - 50 hours (becomes teen when clock's hour changes, after 49 hours as a toddler)

Teen = 47 hours

Adult = until death.  After turning 7, its care needs increase greatly (drops a hungry heart about every 1 minute and a happy heart about every 2.5 minutes.)

(Can you guess which type of Tamagotchi I've been raising for the past few months?)
Wow, thanks. :wacko:

I have a Umi-No so this is extremely handy!

Nope, no clue. :D :lol:

I still can't decide, but I must admit I was leaning towards the Angel because of the reasons ljr1996tamagotchifreakboy said, but after all this info, I might try the Ocean. Anyone have any outstanding reasons for me to play with one over another? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back