iD L Contrast A+B Screen?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orandatchi

Reaction score
So, I discovered something on my 3 iD Ls. 15th and 2 regular ones, pink and purple. When I go to the contrast screen and press A and B, it shows up with a Chamametchi saying something on the purple one, and the pink one with Melodytchi saying something. This also happened with my 15th, it showed Kizunalavulitchi saying random stuff. :huh: This happened to kuchipatchi.is.blue instead of a Chamametchi, it was a Melodytchi. Anyone know what happened here? I'll try and put up a video to show you.

Woah... I tested it on my purple iD L, and I get Melodytchi with three blue egg-like things. Do you see any eggs? Melodytchi was the character I had been trying to get (but I got Lovelitchi). What character do you have on your iD L? This is creepy...

I'm not completely fluent on Japanese yet, but I also tried it on my iD L and I also saw Melodytchi with three purple stones and she's just saying that her birthstone is ラピスラズリ (pronounced "rapisurazuri").

That's something random, eh? I wonder if it shows different stuff on other iD Ls?

Last edited by a moderator:
DSCN0423.jpg

That's what it looked like for me.

According to Google Translate, it is "Birthstone of the lapis lazuli look". :huh: I can try to get my friend to translate for me, if it helps.

Yeah, on my purple one, as I said, Chamametchi and she had 3 diamond eggs, Kizunalavulitchi had 3 diamond eggs, and the other with Melodytchi and 3 purple eggs.

EDIT: I'll put what it says on my iD Ls.

? = don't know what symbol is

Pink

Mi-no

Tanjiyousekiha

Rapisurazuri

() () ()

Purple

Chamano

Tajuyousekiha

Ame?sytodesuu

() () ()

15th

Watashino

Tanjiyousekiha

Sepuatoa♥

I have a blue iD-L, when I tried it, I got Chamametchi with three purple stones instead of Meloditchi with the blue ones. It might be about their birthstones and birthdays, like how in the iD instruction booklet, it didn't tell you the characters' birthdays, it asked you to figure them out. Lapis Lazuli is a type of precious stone, I don't think it's a birthstone though... The character you get when you try this probably has to do with the shell color, maybe we'll see different characters with the other shell colors?

(Edit: I'm on TT mobile, I hit post before I finished typing by accident. :p )

Tanjouseki means birthstone, so I guess they're just telling us what their birthstone is. :)

Meloditchi? Interesting. I've seen other characters, but not Meloditchi.

These screens appear on all the Tamagotchi iD and Tamagotchi iDL -series models. We've known about them for some time. Click here to see a topic about them on Tama-Zone, dating from 2 years ago. They're an Easter egg (hidden feature.) Different models have similar screens, but with different characters. The "three blue egg-like things" that Eternal Mametchi Fan mentioned are gemstones. The text is "Chama's birthstone is amethyst", "My birthstone is diamond", "My birthstone is sapphire", or "My birthstone is ruby", depending on the character shown. Note: Lapis lazuli is one of the traditional birthstones for December. Birthstones vary by region (e.g. USA vs Europe vs Asia) and over time.

Here are photos from some of the various Tamagotchi iD & iDL models I have.

iD.jpg
iD_L-Mv.jpg

Tamagotchi iD, and Tamagotchi iD Lovely-Melody ver.

iDL.jpg
iDL_15th.jpg
iDL_PSv.jpg

Tamagotchi iD L, 15th Anniversary ver., and Princess Spacy ver.

Hmmm... maybe the character you see is related to the icon background pattern you're using.

Or, it could have something to do with your birthday, except for the iD. See, the text on the top of binary's photos for the Lovely Melody and the 15th Anniversary is the same, right? So it probably isn't the model. Also, they're different characters, so that can't be it.

EDIT: I got my friend who know Japanese to translate for me, and she said that it says "Mi's birthstone is lapis lazuli."

Ah, they're jewels, not eggs... XD

Well, I have the apple background but when I changed it to the normal background, it still has Melodytchi. Mine is purple, and so is blue's, and she gets Melodytchi too... :huh:

Maybe it does have something to do with your birthday... I'm born in August. Is anyone else who gets Melodytchi born in August? Hmmm...

Ah, they're jewels, not eggs... XD

Well, I have the apple background but when I changed it to the normal background, it still has Melodytchi. Mine is purple, and so is blue's, and she gets Melodytchi too... :huh:

Maybe it does have something to do with your birthday... I'm born in August. Is anyone else who gets Melodytchi born in August? Hmmm...
Are the characters at the bottom same as my photo up there? If so, I'm not sure about the birthstone thing, because my birthday is in May. :/

Yeah, on my purple one, as I said, Chamametchi and she had 3 diamond eggs, Kizunalavulitchi had 3 diamond eggs, and the other with Melodytchi and 3 purple eggs.

EDIT: I'll put what it says on my iD Ls.

? = don't know what symbol is

Pink

Mi-no

Tanjiyousekiha

Rapisurazuri

() () ()

Purple

Chamano

Tajuyousekiha

Ame?sytodesuu

() () ()

15th

Watashino

Tanjiyousekiha

Sepuatoa♥
Your purple says, I believe, "Chama's birthstone is amethyst." I'm translating your 15th (google translate), and it says....o_O... it's not inappropriate, it just doesn't make sense, the translation. Perhaps this is telling us what the character's birthstone is? Although it seems that from binary's picture of the Lovely Melody and 15th Anniversary have similar characters on the top.

Meloditchi's birthday is December 29. According to THIS Wikipedia page, Lapis Lazuli is the December birthstone in the U.S. (in 1912, anyway). Chamametchi's birthday is February 22, and they say her birthstone is Amethyst, which is a traditional birthstone for February. Maybe this does have something to do with birthstones after all, maybe coinciding with your birthday. (that seems highly unlikely, though, because my birthday is far from December)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back