If you believe in ghosts...do you believe in Tamagotchi's?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you believe in Tama characters and Tamaplanet?

• Yes, definitely!!!

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Yeah, I guess... *blushes*

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I don't really know...

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Nah, not really.

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • NO WAY! It's a silly idea!

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Lol, it's a bit of a weird thing to ask, but if people are going to believe in ghosts (in another topic I just read) why not make a poll about whether people believe in Tamagotchi characters?

I have a feeling the number of yes-es will be low, but I still decided to create this. Also, if your answer is yes, don't be embarassed, I won't think you're crazy for one. ;)

~ Dazzmina ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that someone else has voted yes, I've decided to say my opinon: I do believe in Tamagotchis. Please don't say I'm crazy! Just don't tell my parents OK? And I can think of a couple of people who won't like it, but who cares, I know most of you will stick by me no matter what I believe. ;)

~ Dazzmina ~

When you say "real"...

Do you mean that Tamaplanet is real and all the Tamas are living there? And that... Bandai... didn't make them up?

I'm sorry. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm of course not trying to offend you. ;)

When you say "real"...

Do you mean that Tamaplanet is real and all the Tamas are living there? And that... Bandai... didn't make them up?

I'm sorry. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm of course not trying to offend you. ;)
Yes, why not? Everyone believes the little plastic Tamagotchi toys are real, we all own them, and this is the next level! I know you probably think I'm pretty crazy and immature, but that's OK, I know it's probably true, although I'm glad I'm not alone because of the other yes vote. :) That means: I believe Tamaplanet is real and the Tamagotchis living there, and that BanDai found out about them and thought they were perfect new cartoon characters. Again, you don't need to tell me I'm crazy. ;) AND YOU DON'T NEED TO FORWARD THIS POST TO MY PARENTS!!!

~ Dazzmina ~

They are real. (I'm the person who started a topic about ghosts :p ) My Tamagotchis communicate telepathically with me...it's kinda creepy...And sometimes they just seem to know what's going on in my life. It's scary. Plus, I am in ♥ with Mametchi so he MUST be real. O.O

My Tamagotchis communicate telepathically with me...it's kinda creepy...
Oh whew I am not alone!!! I wondered when it would happen to someone else, it's been happening to me so much it's not even creepy anymore for me. Lol, I used to think it was a game, until I realised I just KNEW perfectly good solutions to oppose all arguments about why my Tamas shouldn't be real and alive...it's always been like that, even before I joined TamaTalk... If anyone's interested in my tangent about all the crazy things I think about, PM me, but I won't post it here.

I am so glad people are taking me seriously here, you are way more mature than anyone in my school. TamaTalk has made me realise, my school is like an Academy for Immature Kids, lol.

~ Dazzmina ~

Well, if you think reasonably Tamagotchis CANNOT exist. Think of the character designs...Memetchi's head is so big she won't be able to stand up. Personally, I think Tamagotchis are real but not even Bandai knows--they somehow got the idea in their mind but it actually really exists somewhere, somehow...some other reality.

Note: The day my parents find out I wrote this will be my last. :eek:

No. just, guys, its a toy!
I'm not going for an argument here, but one of TamaTalk's rules is to respect each other's beliefs. And some of us, as you can see in the poll, believe Tamas are real. ;) Of course we're not telling you to believe that. :)

@EMF: Same. I don't know when to tell my parents, or if I should say at all, and I'm already dreading my real-life-friend-who-is-also-on-TamaTalk finding out. She'll find this topic, there's no stopping her even if I wanted to. But she can't ban me from anything...my parents can.

I really don't know what I would do without TamaTalk...

~ Dazzmina ~

i believe tamagotchis do exsist! i always imagine looking up in the sky and someday seeing the tamaplanet dozing off, maybe someday each of us tama lovers will have to actually care for a REAL tamagotchi. i hope i get a memetchi someday.

The following evidence may hinder your beliefs about Tamagotchis existing in real life, so read with caution. :p

• I think for starters, the existence of Tamagotchi was purely created by Bandai. When you read the description behind the packaging of these plastic shells, it usually includes something about how they "arrived" on planet earth. I'm almost positive that the idea of little coloured critters flying down to earth must've been inspired by the myth of aliens and inter-galatic creatures, but this doesn't serve as proof against my beliefs.
  • The idea of a "Tama-Planet" existing is highly doubtful also. When you look at the Solar System, you see planets such as the one we are living on as of right now (Earth), planets like Saturn, planets like Mercury, etc. etc. Now, if Tama-Planet was visible from our eyes, surely scientists would've investigated and announced that it exists? You may argue that it might be very far away, but if it was, Bandai definitely wouldn't have been able to see it and be inspired to franchise that whole world.
  • To conclude, I will agree with what Eternal Mametchi Fan had to say about how their bodies would cope with real life gravity. Memetchi, for example, has too large of a head and too small of a body to be able to support her head. She'd probably keep falling to the ground wherever she walked.

Sorry to disappoint and ruin most of y'all's childhood fantasies, but scientifically it just wouldn't be right. However, I still encourage that group of you who believe to still believe! You never know, one day a UFO might come crashing through the sky and out pops a big-headed orange toned creature who keeps falling to the ground. :lol:

I don't "believe" they don't exist, I KNOW they don't exist in real life...then again, I could be wrong. Maybe Tama Planet DOES exist. Maybe Mametchi is a REAL animal that will one day miraculously come to Earth in some magical impossible way, and he will amazingly coincidentally speak the same language you do. Or maybe not. :)

The following evidence may hinder your beliefs about Tamagotchis existing in real life, so read with caution. :p

• I think for starters, the existence of Tamagotchi was purely created by Bandai. When you read the description behind the packaging of these plastic shells, it usually includes something about how they "arrived" on planet earth. I'm almost positive that the idea of little coloured critters flying down to earth must've been inspired by the myth of aliens and inter-galatic creatures, but this doesn't serve as proof against my beliefs.
  • The idea of a "Tama-Planet" existing is highly doubtful also. When you look at the Solar System, you see planets such as the one we are living on as of right now (Earth), planets like Saturn, planets like Mercury, etc. etc. Now, if Tama-Planet was visible from our eyes, surely scientists would've investigated and announced that it exists? You may argue that it might be very far away, but if it was, Bandai definitely wouldn't have been able to see it and be inspired to franchise that whole world.
  • To conclude, I will agree with what Eternal Mametchi Fan had to say about how their bodies would cope with real life gravity. Memetchi, for example, has too large of a head and too small of a body to be able to support her head. She'd probably keep falling to the ground wherever she walked.

Sorry to disappoint and ruin most of y'all's childhood fantasies, but scientifically it just wouldn't be right. However, I still encourage that group of you who believe to still believe! You never know, one day a UFO might come crashing through the sky and out pops a big-headed orange toned creature who keeps falling to the ground. :lol:
I am 13, so I already know all that stuff, mister. I said that not even BANDAI knows they are real; the idea about them coming to Earth is made up. I think they exist in some other reality that will never be discovered and somehow they enter our mind but we think it's our own original idea. I mean, I create Tamagotchi characters. I made one that looked like an acorn YEARS ago and what do you know, there's an acorn dude on the iD L! And I once created one that looks almost exactly Madonnatchi--so I think they really exist and we sometimes pick up traces of them in our mind. They exist where ANYTHING, including super big heads, is possible.

I am 13, so I already know all that stuff, mister. I said that not even BANDAI knows they are real; the idea about them coming to Earth is made up. I think they exist in some other reality that will never be discovered and somehow they enter our mind but we think it's our own original idea. I mean, I create Tamagotchi characters. I made one that looked like an acorn YEARS ago and what do you know, there's an acorn dude on the iD L! And I once created one that looks almost exactly Madonnatchi--so I think they really exist and we sometimes pick up traces of them in our mind. They exist where ANYTHING, including super big heads, is possible.
The acorn dude is Yurapatchi. ;)

I'm 10 and althought that might seem young to you, I am more practical than others my age, so I know that all too, not intending to be rude or boastful.

I agree - if BanDai knew, they would capture them and make millions putting them in zoos to see, NOT let them live on in peace and create cartoon characters based on them.

Well actually, they COULD live in our universe because remember gravity? Gravity is low on some planets so super big heads could be possible.

Yes, the same has happened to me with the characters - I always loved dolphins, and I invented a Tama character called Dolphintchi, then I discovered a REAL character that looked like a dolphin. Although it was on the V3, released before I even got into Tamas, I only knew of it after I'd invented Dolphintchi. I also drew some wierd things that resembled simple Tama characters, like Mametchi and Memetchi, when I was 2 or 3.

~ Dazzmina ~

I don't doubt you know your stuff my friend! :blink:

That's possible, but if scientists have discovered planets 21,500 light years away from Earth with the thanks of technology, I don't see how much further away their planet could be.

I think that's all merely coincidences. When I was a child I too drew my own original Tamagotchi characters, and then when I'd see character charts of upcoming Tamagotchis, I'd think that this one or that one looks similar to my creations. However, you must think that the same idea obviously popped up into the artist's mind too and decided to draw it.

The acorn dude is Yurapatchi. ;)

I'm 10 and althought that might seem young to you, I am more practical than others my age, so I know that all too, not intending to be rude or boastful.

I agree - if BanDai knew, they would capture them and make millions putting them in zoos to see, NOT let them live on in peace and create cartoon characters based on them.

Well actually, they COULD live in our universe because remember gravity? Gravity is low on some planets so super big heads could be possible.

Yes, the same has happened to me with the characters - I always loved dolphins, and I invented a Tama character called Dolphintchi, then I discovered a REAL character that looked like a dolphin. Although it was on the V3, released before I even got into Tamas, I only knew of it after I'd invented Dolphintchi. I also drew some wierd things that resembled simple Tama characters, like Mametchi and Memetchi, when I was 2 or 3.

~ Dazzmina ~
As I wrote before, coincidental. Some people are very artistic and share the same understandings/ideas of art, hence why you probably might find a character similar to your own. I think these characters were created very well thought-out. They created them to appear very cute and animal-like as they knew it would then be targeted towards young children's minds as all they want in their lives are adorable and small critter friends. :chohimetchi:

I don't doubt you know your stuff my friend! :blink:

That's possible, but if scientists have discovered planets 21,500 light years away from Earth with the thanks of technology, I don't see how much further away their planet could be.

I think that's all merely coincidences. When I was a child I too drew my own original Tamagotchi characters, and then when I'd see character charts of upcoming Tamagotchis, I'd think that this one or that one looks similar to my creations. However, you must think that the same idea obviously popped up into the artist's mind too and decided to draw it.
Scientists haven't discovered them in our universe because they aren't IN our universe. They are in another reality. :)

Scientists haven't discovered them in our universe because they aren't IN our universe. They are in another reality. :)
But then again if we think with that logic, that means all toys both digital and plush could come from these alternate realities. Honestly, I just believe that there are many creative and imaginative people in our world.

Anyway, I guess this will be the perfect time to leave this thread. I can conclude by saying that we can agree to disagree. :blink:

I personally would love to think that there is a tamagotchi Planet out there. I would also love to believe that they crashed down into earth and Bandai made little houses for them.

Even though I know that they are just virtual pets, they are more like my best friends. Especially Mimitchi and Osu and Mesu. It's like they are always there for me when I need them, someone to listen, someone who really cares.

I admit it. I actually do believe in Tamagotchis. I know they aren't real, but I still think that they are real. Looks like no ones alone!

@EMF I am also have a little crush on him. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back