If you could design a tama, what features whould you put in?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
far fetched?? who cares!?!? i think this is awesome lol

my tamagotchi would... (mind you i'm speaking for the more classic tamas, anything from p1-v3)

-have mainly characters from v2 and v3, with 1 or 2 rare characters from devilgotchi, tamagotch ocean, or angel etc..

-be the size of a v3 with the SMALL NOT CHUNKY attenae

-have a few secret characters that have CRAZY methods of obtaining!!

-have the old mametchi sprite, i personally strongly dislike the new one.

-have an added day onto the toddler and teen phases.

-still have a shop.

-no school, work, mail, or humanoid-like characters, tamagotchis should stay virtual PETS (to me anyways)

-the ability to toilet train the character.

-no young characters (accept for young mimitchi/mametchi), i find it rather boring to see a young memetchi turn into a memetchi.. they went over the top with the young characters, in my opinion.

and maybe a true evolutionary like feature, for instance, the bird characters?? imagine if in order to get...debatchi, pipotchi, warusotchi ANY bird tama, you need to get a bird like teen?? like hinatchi?? or patapatatchi?? For the rodent characters you need to get a young mimitchi or young mametchi, get it??

now this sounds a bit far-fetched lol...

^Yes no young characters!That drove me crazy when I got a urayoungvioletchi and surprise surprise,it evolved into an uravioletchi. :p

It would be cool if it had a mix of all of the tamagotchi characters,original and new.And maybe for the v3 mametchi sprite you were talking about,it could be a character called "Original Mametchi"?Then the newer mametchi sprite could be just "Mametchi".Same goes for some of the other 2 sprite characters like masktchi.And maybe on the side,there could be a switch for Original,New or Random.Original for the P1-I donno,the angel I think?(I forget how far the orignals went)Then New would be the connections v1-Tama-go characters.Random would be a mix of both.That way,everyone gets what characters and features they want. ;) The school and work thing could be an option too,maybe not a switch though,it could be when the character is born.The toilet train thing could still be there,maybe the friendship bar too?And I like how on the Tama-go,the egg doesn't come right away.

I agree completely with nickannel. that sounds like a great idea.

i also agree with purn when it comes to being able to charge the battery, i believe that would be the best idea. money-wise as well.

An idea i had was being able to choose if you would like to send your tamagotchi off to school or work.

i think when you begin each generation there should be an option.

i know sometimes i want something a little less invested

and other times i really want to try for the skill points and whatnot.

i think that would be neat.

great ideas everyone !
That's a brilliant idea! That way you please both the folks who like a simple Tamagotchi and those who like a more complex one at the same time with the same device.

Here's a sprite sheet and some ideas for characters:

8yhzwn.png

The colored boxes are size limitations for each stage of growth (and food).

The babies are gumdrops (Top and middle on right hand side).

One toddler is a Flan/Custard (Bottom, right hand side). Two different sprites, not animation frames.

Egg with swirl.

Poop is whipped cream.

A cake Tamagotchi (not final product).

Here's a sprite sheet and some ideas for characters:

8yhzwn.png

The colored boxes are size limitations for each stage of growth (and food).

The babies are gumdrops (Top and middle on right hand side).

One toddler is a Flan/Custard (Bottom, right hand side). Two different sprites, not animation frames.

Egg with swirl.

Poop is whipped cream.

A cake Tamagotchi (not final product).
I love that! Did you make those sprites yourself? They are really good! The shell of this could be like a v4/4.5 but instead of a star or ball the top could be a cake :D I can SO picture that

It would be in 3D and color and would react to what's going on around it. The size of a TMGC+C. It would talk and the low battery screen would be a tamagotchi holding up the old battery and saying to change the battery. The death screen would have an egg and a note. When you press any button it would open the envelope and read the letter to you.

Nice idea ! I would also like my tamagotchi to be case sensitive, and in color.

Case sensitive like : When you take it from your table it's like waking him up, when you walk it walks too in it's screen... a bit like a podometer pet, but better though.

Apart from that i'd like it to be quite simple, with the gotchi points, the shopping things, school and work too, but no internet, no figures you gotta buy...

thats about it

I would make the Tamagotchi with a pen so you could use stylus(just like a DS). And the Tama itself would be like a Tamagotchi Corner Shop mixed together with TamaTown. You could you have your own house(or a mansion!) and you could own your own shops and visit other peoples houses/shops. :) (that's so Animal Crossing :D )

Oh yeah, and it would also be in color.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the characters there ever were(but the option to be able to have ura, young and parent characters when the egg hatches), with no antennae at the top of the shell. and the size of an iD

A touch screen with a stylus!

IR connection that can connect all around the world without the use of wi-fi

If your tama is dying, you can take it to a hospital and it may or may not live, depending on how fast you rush it.

A microphone that you can plug in to your tama to talk to it

A camera so it can 'see' people's faces and they can tell apart who is who and can 'remember' if someone tortured it and dislike that person and 'remember' the first person they saw when they hatched It can also 'see' the surroundings outside of the actual tama and if you see something you want on the tama, you can take a picture and make it into an actual item on the tama. And you can draw items on the tama, or on a small piece of paper and scan the paper through the tama to make it into an item.

Potty training ability

Feature where you can explore your tamas house and outside of it, and you can go to Earth and on Earth, if you input a location, your tama can fly to it in an airplane and you can explore that. Sort of like exploring google maps but with a tama. And to go home, just select "go home" and your tama will fly home.You can also explore TamaTown

Egg tempature feature where you can put the egg in an incubator (sp?) and you can get diffrent characters depending on how hot or cold you set it as.

Kunoitchi and Gozarutchi are good care characters <.<

You can draw your tama's house if you want and even let it identify what is what (select the "chair" button on the draw the tama house screen and you draw the chair and your tama can sit in it)

Egg tempature feature where you can put the egg in an incubator (sp?) and you can get diffrent characters depending on how hot or cold you set it as.
Like the Morino.

I think the best Tama would have something for evryone. It should be in color, Be waterprof, Voice ativity, have internet, and recarabul batteries.

Voice activity/ face racanization-When it haches you have to eran its trusts and when a complet starnger comes it crys. You have to tell it that the person is a freind.

Waterprof-When you go swimming it will go to and it wont brak! and sometimes youre Tama will beep when you o underwater it might find a treaser chest! But they can be good or bad.

Internet- I think it should have internet, and tell you when someone else has a Tama near you, then it will beep (Kinda like the 3ds street pass) also you can go on Tama talk, and Tamatown.com.

It should have all chariters, and at the most the size of a Tama-go. Youre Tama should also get a job and get a faimly.

And Manu icon when you press it, you can take off the color, and internet Ect..

If i could invent a tamagotchi, mine would be the size of a original connection tamagotchi. But the screen would be slightly larger and in color. And it would be waterproof! So that you could take it in the shower or to the pools or whatever and it wouldn't get damaged! I would also want Wi-Fi and solar powered, so that i don't have to waste money on stupid batteries <_< . I would also put in a feature where you could select your own characters! (Kind of like when you debug a V3!) And errr... i think that's all! There's probably hundreds more features i could come up with if i got to invent a tamagotchi! But if i told you them all we would be here all day! So i will stop here, byee!

Sakura-san123 :lol:

The voice/face recognition is another great idea. I'd love to be able to talk to my Tama and have it respond. I like the idea of a waterproof Tama as well.

Maybe a Tama that comes with a watch strap that you attach it too. it would make it 2 times easier sneaking them to school because the teachers would just think it's a watch.

A camera so it can 'see' people's faces and they can tell apart who is who and can 'remember' if someone tortured it and dislike that person and 'remember' the first person they saw when they hatched It can also 'see' the surroundings outside of the actual tama and if you see something you want on the tama, you can take a picture and make it into an actual item on the tama. And you can draw items on the tama, or on a small piece of paper and scan the paper through the tama to make it into an item.

You can draw your tama's house if you want and even let it identify what is what (select the "chair" button on the draw the tama house screen and you draw the chair and your tama can sit in it)
Now that is cool! Very good ideas!

Maybe a Tama that comes with a watch strap that you attach it too. it would make it 2 times easier sneaking them to school because the teachers would just think it's a watch.
Off topic

You are genius.

I'm making a watch strap right now, I have no idea how to attach it to my tama, I have no tape xD

On topic

I have a great idea

It can be able to recognize the temperature. So if it's cold out, you tama puts on a coat, if it's hot, the tama puts on sunglasses, and there are diffrent temperatures to expirement with

This will never happen:

Okay! :D

This Tama would be black/grey/white, like normal tamagotchi's.

It would be Oval shaped,

Have the same beeping noises,

Wifi connectable (absolutely not nessicary)

and the Tamgotchi is about half the size of an iPod, just to let you know.

When you first hatch the Tamagotchi there are a large number of eggs that appear.

It's touchscreen, even if it has 3 buttons at the bottom, so at first you make a swipe motion with your finger to scroll through the list of eggs you can choose, and it has every single version of tamagotchi (excluding the new color ones and the tama-go, and REALLY DIFFERENT ONES like the 2 that mate, haha. xD) you could have hatched so far including each of the features and details, like if you chose a v5 egg (you would know which one is which because on it it says "v1" or "angel" or whatever on them.) it would even have the quieter/higher pitched beeps, if you chose a P1 you wouldn't be able to pause it, or if you chose a newer version mametchi would be updated, and if you chose and older version, mametchi would be the original. If you chose one with sensors, sensors would tun on, if you chose one without sensors, sensors would not turn on. Anyway, so you have all those Tamagotchi's in one, and then there is an extra one at the very end of the list, called a "special". If you chose that one, it gives you an option of another 3 eggs: easy, medium, hard. They all have really cool features to each of them, Like maybe they each all have every character ever made that you could unlock, you could connect and marry people all over the world, you could choose 3 button or touch screen, you know, stuff totally kick-as* like that.

Anyway thats my crazy idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back