If you're a kid aged 8-12...do you get annoyed when adults say you're a little kid?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 8-12 but it really makes me irritated when adults think they're so much better than kids/teens.

I was at my brother's house, and me, along with some people a bit younger than me had to sit on the floor. There were like, 3 adults and more than enough room on the couches for both the adults and kids to sit. it sucked.

People mistake me for being like 15-20 years old even though I'm just 13 and I find it to be the funniest thing ever

Hmmmm... Well, I can't really say because I'm 13, and even when I was 9, people have been mistaking me for an older teenager or an adult and thinking my brothers were my kids. I look like an old lady. Don't laugh. Nobody has really ever called me a cute little kid, which is good in my opinion, but I don't really care what anybody says so I guess it doesn't matter. ;)

I don't really get called cute as a 12-year-old. What I do hate is when people talk to me like I'm in 2nd grade. All that baby talk gets my blood boiling.
Yes, I agree. Im 12 as well, and I hate that adults are always acting like there is no way I can be as mature as they are. I mean really?

Hmmmm... Well, I can't really say because I'm 13, and even when I was 9, people have been mistaking me for an older teenager or an adult and thinking my brothers were my kids. I look like an old lady. Don't laugh. Nobody has really ever called me a cute little kid, which is good in my opinion, but I don't really care what anybody says so I guess it doesn't matter. ;)
Yep, I'm a year younger than you. Whenever I hear that, I'm like, <_< ;

#1 (first quote). :eek:

#2.(second quote)This means you MUST know what I'm feeling! I'm the same age as you!

#3.(post) I will (unless i'm talking to a teacher or other adult) correct ANYONE who calls me a little kid!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still get called a little kid sometimes.

And I'm gonna be 15 in 10 days...gwhogrerufilejgr >.<

Oh gosh. I've found my people!

Okay, here goes *huff* I'm 11 1/2 years old. I know, shocking right? I type and even talk like an adult. I always spellcheck, and I'm very smart. I'm small for my age, so I'm always being pushed around. And sometimes adults don't take me seriously, even after I:

1. Fixed a computer

2. Finished my friend's paper for him in 10 minutes.

3. I'm GIFTED!

So yeah. Adults don't understand my love for Tamagotchi either, they think it's just a lifeless pixel "fake pet" they call it.

Oh gosh. I've found my people!

Okay, here goes *huff* I'm 11 1/2 years old. I know, shocking right? I type and even talk like an adult. I always spellcheck, and I'm very smart. I'm small for my age, so I'm always being pushed around. And sometimes adults don't take me seriously, even after I:

1. Fixed a computer

2. Finished my friend's paper for him in 10 minutes.

3. I'm GIFTED!

So yeah. Adults don't understand my love for Tamagotchi either, they think it's just a lifeless pixel "fake pet" they call it.
Pretty much all of that,apart from being "Gifted" or whatever the truck that is.

I'm 9,and that's the only difference.

Hm

Well, I'm iffy.

I'm thirteen at the moment.

On my Mum's side, everyone acknowledges that I'm the youngest (The ages from youngest to oldest: 13, 17, 18, 23, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30) among me, my siblings and my cousins. Yet, everyone treats me with respect - they listen to my ideas and opinions, and honestly think I'm mature for my age. Although, Grandma does spoil me a bit xP

On my Dad's side, it's the opposite. I'm the 3rd oldest and my Nana treats me like a 5 year old. She makes me eat healthy food all the time, I'm never allowed treats, I'm always so bored there. And, my Nana's used to babying others. I get treated like a child, my older brother is only safe from it 'coz he's a year away from adulthood - and my cousins who are 8 months younger than me and 2 years older respectively used to get treated like me, but now they're in Australia so..

But, I don't mind getting treated like it as long as it's not too irritating, and they don't continue after I ask for them to stop.

Anyone aged 8-12 is a little kid. You should enjoy it!

I used to hate being treated like a little kid, especially because I was always so small and looked younger than I really was (I still do, actually). But now that I'm about to turn sixteen I wish I could turn back the clock a few years. I've only got two more years of high school left before I'm in college and on my own. Time flies, enjoy your childhood while you still can!

Anyone aged 8-12 is a little kid. You should enjoy it!

I used to hate being treated like a little kid, especially because I was always so small and looked younger than I really was (I still do, actually). But now that I'm about to turn sixteen I wish I could turn back the clock a few years. I've only got two more years of high school left before I'm in college and on my own. Time flies, enjoy your childhood while you still can!
I agree. I don't wanna be old. I wanna be young and watch cartoons and play video games forever without having to do homework and stuff. Highschool is too hard, I miss grade school :(

I was at a bouncy place when i was 9 and a girl asked if i was 12. It kinda made me mad because I wanted to be a kid, not a 12 year old <_<

Ok... Now! I'm upset. I just tied in an essay competition with a 6th Grader and the principal called me Honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok... Now! I'm upset. I just tied in an essay competition with a 6th Grader and the principal called me Honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Honey' doesn't mean he's calling you a kid.

Sometimes I get a bit annoyed when people call me a little kid, but then I cool off and remember that I should enjoy it while it lasts.

Honestly, I kind of miss being a kid... so even if it seems annoying, remember, it won't last long, and in a way, you should enjoy it~ Not really sure why kids are in such a hurry to grow up so fast these days... And even if you feel that you are smarter or should be treated older, you still only have so much life experience, so you will still be treated as a kid... Some things you can only learn as you grow older... :T I understand sometimes it can be a bit condescending, but you have to understand that you guys ARE still children....

I still get called a kid by people older than me, and I'm in my mid 20s... so... haha~ You might never escape it!

BTW, I read somewhere that you are not actually fully developed as an adult until you are 25.... Apparently, that's when your brain has fully developed. So, might be a while for some people... haha

Trust me, it doesn't end when you become an adult. I'm 27 and I still get called a kid by adults older than me. "Oh, you are just a baby!"

Well... I'm only just a little older than that, but... 8-12 aged kids ARE little kids. They barely are teens even. So getting offended by others saying that isn't the smartest idea.

When I was this age I was angry when others were calling me like I was an adult. I didn't want to ever grow up. I still don't want to, even though my education ends somewhat soon, and would love be treated like a child again... Life is not this beautiful.

For me you are an adult at the age of 23, even though in my country people think they're adult when they are 18, because that's official age of maturity there. (In America it's 21 I guess. You can drink alcohol at this age, we can at 18, etc. We can have close intercourse when we are 15, though.)

So... Instead of getting angry at this, just enjoy your childhood. It won't last long. You DON'T want to be at least a teen, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back