im new here! :D

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teddyvectrex

Reaction score
so ive already done a couple of things on tamatalk, but i haven't done a proper introduction! so here is my story:

I had moved to France in 2007 (im American). I discovered tamagotchi when my sister wanted to buy one at the store (i cant remember EVERY detail lol) so my dad and my sister went to get one. by the way, this was in 2007 and i was 9 years old at the time. When they came back, they had one for me, too! mine was a v3 with zebra stripes, and my sisters was a v4 that was the orange and purple one that has flowers on it.

I LOVED my tamagotchi. i took care of it every day, and i loved it so much. It was so much fun! but one day, i couldnt find it. and guess what had happened? it went through the washing machine! and man, i wanted another one so badly! We went back to that store, and they didnt have them anymore. but they did have a third party one. My mom was going to buy it anyways, so i just said why not. and it wasnt half as good as my good old tamagotchi :( i ended up taking that one apart because i love taking things that dont work/i dont really want apart :)

well now im 14, and i moved back to america. its been hard getting used to the american culture again... and i recently remembered my tamagotchi and how muched i missed it. i looked it up on youtube, and it was nostalgic seeing some gameplay of it :) i really want one again, so i decided to start collecting them again. i havent bought any yet, but i have been looking on ebay for the past 3 days for any good deals. i also wanted to get more involved with the community of fans, so i decided to join tamatalk :)

so as soon as i get one on ebay, i will oficially start collecting! :D

You WON'T regret it. I'll just keep you up to date of the main tamas:

-After the V3 they brought out the V4. It has more features and uses a slightly updated version of the tamagotchi town used for version 3.

-The V4.5 came after which added a bit more but solved the bugs. It came with a CD too.

-The V5 familitchi came after. Instead of one tama, you get to take care of up to 3 at once! It can be great fun. If used the same slightly updated website as the first two, but sadly it's shut down now. The V5.5 celebrity came after which was a small upgrade.

-The V6 came after. Many think of it as the last true tamagotchi. It was called the music star and was basically focused on turning your tamas into famous music stars! It was the biggest tama update for years and changed a lot. However, it wasn't in the same online town as the others. The online website was music city. In this you could make an account, talk to others and a lot more. It was basically a club penguin for tamagotchi owners. It was later renamed tamatown but sadly the servers were shut down a few weeks ago. I was devastated to find out as I never really used mine and I was planning on setting up a new account :(

-Other stuff came out to, but no more 'versions'. If you want info, I would ask somebody else about them. There a new coloured tamas and tama-go's.

Sorry if you know this, just helping keep you up to date. I hope you enjoy your time on here. Ask me anything you wish and I'll try my best to help. Btw, if you want some tips o. Buying tamas online to the tbay section of the website. It'll give you info on buying new tamas and possible scams. Enjoy!

You WON'T regret it. I'll just keep you up to date of the main tamas:

-After the V3 they brought out the V4. It has more features and uses a slightly updated version of the tamagotchi town used for version 3.

-The V4.5 came after which added a bit more but solved the bugs. It came with a CD too.

-The V5 familitchi came after. Instead of one tama, you get to take care of up to 3 at once! It can be great fun. If used the same slightly updated website as the first two, but sadly it's shut down now. The V5.5 celebrity came after which was a small upgrade.

-The V6 came after. Many think of it as the last true tamagotchi. It was called the music star and was basically focused on turning your tamas into famous music stars! It was the biggest tama update for years and changed a lot. However, it wasn't in the same online town as the others. The online website was music city. In this you could make an account, talk to others and a lot more. It was basically a club penguin for tamagotchi owners. It was later renamed tamatown but sadly the servers were shut down a few weeks ago. I was devastated to find out as I never really used mine and I was planning on setting up a new account :(

-Other stuff came out to, but no more 'versions'. If you want info, I would ask somebody else about them. There a new coloured tamas and tama-go's.

Sorry if you know this, just helping keep you up to date. I hope you enjoy your time on here. Ask me anything you wish and I'll try my best to help. Btw, if you want some tips o. Buying tamas online to the tbay section of the website. It'll give you info on buying new tamas and possible scams. Enjoy!
thanks for the info! what did the cd that came with v4.5 have on it? i might get all of the versions since i want to start collecting :)

Welcome to Tamatalk!!

I hope you never regret joining here! :D

Welcome to Tamatalk ! Frenchie here, where in France did you live all this time ? I'm from the noth of France.

As Franny said, you wont regret collecting tamas ^^ Neither joining here rofl

I hope you will find a striped v3 like you used to have one.

I have kind of a similar story.

When I was a kid they were selling the Tamagotchi Angel. My best friend had one, I always played with it, she didn't take a good care of it, as she always had the bad care characters... rofl

I wanted one of my own , so when I earned enough money by working at the farm with my parents, we went to the store ... but they were out of stock :( I was so sad, and I never had my Angel.

10 years later or so, my husband bought me one. I was so happy ! I don't know how to explain but somehow, that little part of me was complete because I had what i wanted as a child. Silly eh ? xD

You will feel the same way when you will have your V3 back ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Tamatalk ! Frenchie here, where in France did you live all this time ? I'm from the noth of France.

As Franny said, you wont regret collecting tamas ^^ Neither joining here rofl

I hope you will find a striped v3 like you used to have one.

I have kind of a similar story.

When I was a kid they were selling the Tamagotchi Angel. My best friend had one, I always played with it, she didn't take a good care of it, as she always had the bad care characters... rofl

I wanted one of my own , so when I earned enough money by working at the farm with my parents, we went to the store ... but they were out of stock :( I was so sad, and I never had my Angel.

10 years later or so, my husband bought me one. I was so happy ! I don't know how to explain but somehow, that little part of me was complete because I had what i wanted as a child. Silly eh ? xD

You will feel the same way when you will have your V3 back ^^
you lived in france too? awesome :D i first lived in normandie (port en bessin to be exact) and then i moved to paris, and thats where we moved back to America from. thats a pretty sad story, but with a good ending :) its amazing what childhood toys can do. seeing footage of the tamagotchi v3 on youtube brought back so many good memories, and now i feel like i have to buy one. after 5 years, i really dont want to wait any longer. so now im waiting for a good deal on ebay (i see a few, hopefully i will win the bid :) )

The tamagotchi v4.5 pc pack came with the CD that had games, wallpapers and stuff on it. I would check it though, it may not be compatible with new operating systems. It also came with a microphone that allows the user to talk to their tamagotchi and direct it once you download the cd to your pc. I've never used it, but have heard about it.

Hope that helps!

The tamagotchi v4.5 pc pack came with the CD that had games, wallpapers and stuff on it. I would check it though, it may not be compatible with new operating systems. It also came with a microphone that allows the user to talk to their tamagotchi and direct it once you download the cd to your pc. I've never used it, but have heard about it.

Hope that helps!
thanks, that did help! :D thats interesting, but it probably wont work with mac :/ i wish i had windows lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back