I'm planning on buying a new Tamagotchi..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha okay !! =)

For unknown reasons, my mind suddenly took me back to the old good times I enjoyed with my best friend (Playing Tamagotchi v4.5 together)that have migrated to China due to his father have to work there T_T

Afterward, I went to Google and did a search on Tamagotchi. I found the Tama-GO and wondered how it works. So I did another search and eventually found TamaTalk and decided to join because of the plain nice interface xD

Also, is it just my imagination? I felt that this forum doesn't have a lot active members and very quiet. (Makes me feel sad..)

Back to the topic.. So maybe I'll buy a V6 one! :D I found a bundle of the V6 with extra DVD and 3 figures at the price of $20. Is 'em worth the price?

*Away from the topic*.. Do you guys understand Japanese fully? Where can I buy AngelGotchi(Eng) for an okay price?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha okay !! =)

For unknown reasons, my mind suddenly took me back to the old good times I enjoyed with my best friend (Playing Tamagotchi v4.5 together)that have migrated to China due to his father have to work there T_T

Afterward, I went to Google and did a search on Tamagotchi. I found the Tama-GO and wondered how it works. So I did another search and eventually found TamaTalk and decided to join because of the plain nice interface xD

Also, is it just my imagination? I felt that this forum doesn't have a lot active members and very quiet. (Makes me feel sad..)

Back to the topic.. So maybe I'll buy a V6 one! :D I found a bundle of the V6 with extra DVD and 3 figures at the price of $20. Is 'em worth the price?

*Away from the topic*.. Do you guys understand Japanese fully? Where can I buy AngelGotchi(Eng) for an okay price?
Don't you just love getting nostalgic sometimes? :) It's nice to go back to fond memories.

I'm glad you decided to join us here! Well, I guess it's not just your imagination, but maybe you're not used to how things usually are on here. I know the forum was very, very busy in its peak years when the second wave (2004 and on) of Tamagotchis first came out but interest in Tamagotchis has since waned. You'll probably see this on any Tamagotchi forum you visit. There are always a handful of dedicated fans who keep it all going though and inspire others to tag along! Out of all the forums I've visited over the 10+ years I've known about Tamagotchis, I think that TamaTalk has some of the nicest, most helpful, patient people you could ever meet on a site like this. I feel really happy coming here every day. :) Trust me, we've got active members ("many" is all relative) and as for it being "quiet" on this board, it's probably because a good chunk of people on here have just gone back to school. It also depends on what part of the world you're from. While you're awake, many others may be sleeping, for example. I've seen quieter forums. ;) It's okay though. A forum doesn't need to be full of life all the time in order to be a great one. So don't feel sad! Just enjoy all this site has to offer. :)

Getting a V6 is fine, but you don't have to get it bundled up with the movie and the figures, unless you really feel that you'd enjoy those things. I've seen bundle packs that are cheaper. It takes a lot of patience and browsing on Ebay before finding great deals. The bundle may be worth around $20 (retail price is actually $30, so it's kind of like a deal) but you can certainly find the Tamagotchi itself for a cheaper price, even new-in-package.

People ask time and time again about the Japanese-language interface. You don't need to know any Japanese whatsoever in order to successfully care for a Japanese-release Tamagotchi. If you have any experience with Tamagotchis at all (which you do :) ), you'll find that the game play becomes intuitive after a short time and the language barrier is virtually non-existent as you start to memorize what all the menus and selections are.

If you'd like to purchase an English-language Angel (they're known simply as Tamagotchi Angel...Japanese-language Angels are called Angelgotchi), you'd have to look on Ebay because they aren't made or sold in stores anymore (it's a vintage Tamagotchi). They tend to be pricier and more rare than the Angelgotchis but you can get lucky sometimes! You never really know with Ebay. There's also a section on this site called tBay, CLICK HERE, where members can buy, sell, or trade. Sometimes, fellow TamaTalkers will offer up their entire collections for sale, which may include vintage Tamagotchis like Angels.

Okay ^^

Erm, for now, the Tamagotchi Angel brand new in box worth about how much? If it's you, how much are you willing pay for it with the state brand new in box? (The English version one)

Ohhhh... Got another question for the Tama-GO... If we plugged in the figure, will the unlocked games & items permanently stored inside the Tama-GO?

Means that I can play a specific games at anywhere without plugging in the figure just to play them. (Looks too big with figure on top. Awkward in the public :X At least without the figure, it just looks like an unknown gadget to people that doesn't know Tamagotchi)

Okay ^^

Erm, for now, the Tamagotchi Angel brand new in box worth about how much? If it's you, how much are you willing pay for it with the state brand new in box? (The English version one)
I've been browsing Ebay quite regularly for several years and what I see is a wide variety of prices. While it's true that Tamagotchi Angels are more rare and cost more than Angelgotchis, I've seen some NIP ones for $15-25 before. Cases in point HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. When I said that I would recommend that you keep checking (because you really never know on Ebay), I really mean it. :) I'd probably pay up to $30-35 for one, but that's kind of pushing it. Especially when I can get a used one for cheaper (which I did). Angelgotchis are usually even less expensive.

Ohhhh... Got another question for the Tama-GO... If we plugged in the figure, will the unlocked games & items permanently stored inside the Tama-GO?
Means that I can play a specific games at anywhere without plugging in the figure just to play them. (Looks too big with figure on top. Awkward in the public :X At least without the figure, it just looks like an unknown gadget to people that doesn't know Tamagotchi)
As far as I know, the games, shops, etc. unlocked when attaching the figurine do not remain in the TMGO after the figurine is detached, unfortunately. Brilliant move made by Bandai to keep us buying their products but rather awkward to be seen in public with a clunky toy+attachment, as you mentioned. ;)

Woah, nice price for the Tamagotchi Angel you found but too bad it's sold already :\

By the way, is the Tamagotchi Devil also very rare? I didn't see it at all on ebaY..

Also, can Tamagotchi V6 connect with V4 ~ V6 to play together? When I still have the Tamagotchi V4.5 that's alive, I can link it with my friend's V4.5 to play together.

Woah, nice price for the Tamagotchi Angel you found but too bad it's sold already :\

By the way, is the Tamagotchi Devil also very rare? I didn't see it at all on ebaY..

Also, can Tamagotchi V6 connect with V4 ~ V6 to play together? When I still have the Tamagotchi V4.5 that's alive, I can link it with my friend's V4.5 to play together.
The Devilgotchis will turn up on Ebay occasionally, but like ShutUpAndSmile said, you'd be lucky to find one under $100. I got mine through a private seller for $70 (you can see it in my collection picture :) ), so you never know!

V4 with V6? You can't connect those two. Here is a handy 'Ultimate Connecting Guide' in the Tips and Tricks section (I'm telling you...there are a lot of awesome resources on this site :) ) in case you're ever wondering which ones can connect and which ones can mate (it is possible for certain versions to be able to connect but not be able to mate with one another--i.e. UraTamas and Entamas: an EnTama can connect with an UraTama, but an UraTama can only mate with another UraTama, etc.). The fact that you were able to connect and mate with your friend's V4.5 makes sense because you both had the same versions. :)

Another question xD

Do the friends of you guys liked Tamagotchi too?

The people around me... None of 'em liked Tamagotchi/know Tamagotchi.

If I played with it and they saw it, they I'll sure come to mock me for playing that kind of childish stuff...

They would do something like this:

Someone shouted: "Hey!! Come and see! This guy is still playing a virtual pet! How childish is him are!!"

Afterward, a lot people would come to tease me about playing it too... -.-

Nah none of my friends do, I'm 18 it's kinda rare. But ya know what you gotta forget what people say. My boyfriends cool with it, he doesn't get tamagotchies at all (never has) but it's good.

If they say anything just be like

"I got the balls to play with it and you don't so HA"

Ya know that kinda thing.

Just shrug it off and they can't tease you.

Besides if your friends do that, just bring up something embarrassing that they do

"Hey this guy peed his pants last year"

Something like that.

Besides if they did do that they're not really your friends?

I noticed you did not say they were your "Friends"... You called them "The people around me". I like that!

I am fortunate to know LOTS of people who have had or knew about Tamagotchi at some point. Whenever people see me with a Tama they get excited. o.o

I several of the people who work at my mom's job ask me to bring my Tama when I come and actually watch me take care of them.

The older people just think I am a bit childish for playing with them as an "adult". Those who know me say it is cute.

If you love them, play with them. If someone break your Tama, Break their face.

Otherwise, what anyone else has to say does not matter...

Virtual pets are better than Drugs... that is how I keep myself from feeling bad. XD

~Phnx

Here are descriptions of each Version I own:

V3: The V3 is a really fun, addictive Tama. Because it is only the 3rd of the Connections, though, it is quite simple and easy to care for.

V4: The V4 is basically the same as the V3, except it is a higher Version and also has the job aspects.

V5: This is not recommended by me. It's boring and it is impossible to get your Tama family to bond. It is also too un-needy and there ane only 2 boring games.

V6: I can't say much about this except it's bad and basically you have to get addicted to three boring games. You can't earn points till it's an adult and most starve to death during the Teen Stage.

Tama-Go: Unpopular but good. Don't be discouraged by the looks and size and figure price. YOU DON'T NEED FIGURES TO HAVE FUN!! The games are the best I ever played and I think BanDait has done an absolutely wonderful job with this new Tama!

I do own others, but their prices would exceed your budget of $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back