I'm trying...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ducky23

Reaction score
OK here's my story from the beginning....

Ever since I was in primary school, I loved to act. I was in a ton of school plays. It started in 2nd grade....

Well when I was in, I think 3rd grade, I went to an acting school for a week. We did this play that I don't really remember the point of it, but I remember how well we acted. I swear, I remember doing really well.

So after that I stuck with school plays, and I was always the lead role. I imagine I did it very well because I always got the part I tried out for. So for years now, I've wanted to start acting professionally. My mom let me do an audition, like, 1 or 2 years ago and frankly, I didn't do too well because they gave me the lines at last minute and I just didn't do well. I didn't have the best memory for short notice at that time. My mom thought it was a scam and ever since then when I see an opportunity she thinks it's a scam too.

So I still want to become an actress, but in this small town I live in, it's impossible because nobody has heard of it. I've been trying to convince my mom to let me branch out and let me audition or something, but she always says that it's all scams. So a week ago or something, I went on some promising looking websites. She keeps saying she'll look at them but she never does and it's frustrating me. My mom is so far the only thing standing in the way of me taking the first step to living my dream.

Reason for this topic?

1) I seriously needed to vent

2) I need advice. How the heck am I supposed to take the first step to proffesional acting if my mom won't let me do ANYTHING?!

Thank you for your advice if you leave any.

Love Forever,

ducky23

EDIT: Plus, all the people that have heard me sing say that im SUPER good, which could be to my advantage. But my sister kept ripping on my singing and those were the first reviews I've ever gotten, so I'm now afraid to sing in front of people...

What if I'm auditioning, they want to hear me sing, I sing for them, they say I'm good and I have to sing in front of more people?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you can find something specific that you want to audition for and then show it to your mom instead of just general websites and stuff. Maybe if you find a specific thing that will make your mom more interested to see what it's about? Do you know what I mean?

Yes...

That's a good idea.

I ESH START LOOKING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back