In a little bit of a pickle..

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMAGIRL2008

Reaction score
I didn't know where else to post this.. so I came here.

My best friend and I have been friends for 2 years. We've had great memories together etc.

But recently we've started growing apart. I admit, due to family things, I have changed. But I'm always the same to her and it's never been an issue when I do go through some kind of rough patch, and it's the same when she does.

We both get annoyed with each other and we're both talking and trying to sort it out. But she's pushing me away. When she's with her boyfriend, I can never get a word in edgeways, and she's with him all the time. But she let's her other friends talk to her when she's with him. Even in lessons, I'm pushed away.

I have my other bestfriend so it's not like I don't have any friends and that I'll be sad and lonely but I don't want to lose someone that I've been close to for so long.

Can anybody help me?

This is going to hurt, but believe me it's the right thing to do.

I have had a lot of great friends in the past and to be honest I have grown apart from most of them. It's not good to just keep forcing the relationship to happen just because you still want to be friends, sometimes you just have to move on, it's a part of life. If the relationship just isn't working your best bet is to just try and find some new friends, believe me I have had to deal with this quite a bit and I moved on and I'm just fine because you will meet other people who care about you.

I'm going through the exact same thing right now, and I have to agree with Gotchi Guy46. I would say let it happen, give yourself some time apart and get other friends. It will be really hard at first to let them go, but in the end it will be best for both of you. Later on down the road, you guys might reconcile, but that might not happen.

im sorta going through the same thing. My good friend whom i've known for 8 yrs, is becoming a little too different for me

she has bipolarity but i don't think that gives her the excuse to slap me on the back of the head, as well im getting tempted to report her to the school's office.i've told her time to time to stop hitting, she says: "sowwy" (that wasn't a typo) but she doesn't seem to "sowwy" if she keeps it up. the hardest part is that shes also my girlfriend's best friend &amp; brother's girlfriend, so if i ditch her as a friend my brother is going to hate me, and so will my girlfriend.

in other words... im just as confused as you are -_-

Thanks for the advice everyone. We argued even more today so I think I'm going to do what you said and just let it happen. She hasn't really been the greatest friend towards me in all honesty, but then who am I to judge if I'm arguing back I guess.

Thankyou

I'm just going to suggest that you remain friendly towards her.

Like, don't push the relationship, but don't say or do things to harm it yourself.

If she wants to blank you then it's her choice but don't let yourself get into a situation where she can say to all the others "Well, she said these mean things to me and acted this mean way to me so I'm done with her" (or something similar).

Let it be her actions and her behaviour that ends the friendship - try to make sure that no one can point the finger at you.

I know this can be hard to do in reality, but it's something that I have experienced both online and in real life many times and I know from experience that the advice I've given you really does work for the best - and makes it so much easier if you guys decide in the future that you want to take up the friendship again.

I'd say if you both are falling out to give each other a break for a while then hang out with your other friends or meet new friends. I'm not saying stop being her friend I'm just saying hang out seperately for a while. I had this friend that I kept falling out with before so I hung out with new friends and after a while everything was back to where it should have been. It's great to hang out with your friends but I think you need to give each other breaks too. Try hanging out with her after about 2 weeks, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back