Interesting Facts!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder I was so so stupid that day I had a cold...

As for the translations, I think you need another topic for that. But yeah, they're hilarious.
I heard that if you hold in a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel. D:

- In the US there are more suicides than homicides.

- The largest number of children born to one woman is recorded at 69.

- Canada has the seventh highest life expectancy at 81.23 years ( yeeeaaah ! :D ). America ranks 49th at 78.11 years.

- If you make a fist with your left hand, squeeze your left thumb, then put your right index finger down your throat you don't get a gag reflex ( interesting :eek: ).

So yeah, not too many facts this time, but enjoy. >3

A hummingbird weighs less than a penny

You are born with 300 bones, when you are an adult you only have 206

101 Dalmations and Peter Pan are the only two Disney cartoons where both parents are present and don't die throughout the movie xP

A "jiffy" is actually a unit of time for 1/100th of a second

A pregnant goldfish is called a twit

Elvis had a twin brother who died at birth

Alexander Graham Bell (Inventor of the telephone) never phoned his wife or mother. They were both deaf.

Last edited by a moderator:
+' timestamp='1294144545' post='3051284']- If you make a fist with your left hand, squeeze your left thumb, then put your right index finger down your throat you don't get a gag reflex ( interesting :eek: ).
Its true! :eek: i've tried it before

Moar facts....

*A jellyfish is 95 percent water. (oh so their only like, uh 5% jelly?)

*A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.

*A Saudi Arabian woman can get a divorce if her husband doesn't give her coffee. :D

*About 3000 years ago, most Egyptians died by the time they were 30.

*All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.

*Almonds are a member of the peach family. (what the....)

*Armadillos are the only animal besides humans that can get leprosy. ( :( Poor armadillo! :( )

*Ben and Jerry's send the waste from making ice cream to local pig farmers to use as feed. Pigs love the stuff, except for one flavor: Mint Oreo. (me too! I hate mint oreo! :angry: )

*Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants. :D

*If NASA sent birds into space they would soon die; they need gravity to swallow.

*In England, in the 1880's, "Pants" were considered a dirty word. :hitodetchi:

*In Tokyo, they sell toupees for dogs. :pochitchi:

*Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.

*Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny) was allergic to carrots. (how ironic! :eek: )

Enjoyy!

There was a ride at Disney's California Adventures called the "Orange Stinger" (Now replaced with "Silly Symphony Swings") It's theme was bees and oranges. They added orange scent to the ride, but removed it because it attracted real bees.

Heya

Sorry if the ones I say have already been said :)

-The longest word in English is 189,819 letters long.

-It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

-Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different.

-The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

-It is impossible to lick your elbow. (one day I will prove that fact wrong)

-People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, you're heart stops for a mili-second.

-In a study of 200,000 ostriches over a period of 80 years, no one reported a single case where an ostrich buried its head in the sand (or attempted to do so).

-Most lipstick contains fish scales.

-A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.

-If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.

-Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

:D

-People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze, you're heart stops for a mili-second.
That's not the only reason they say "bless you". Some people used to believe that when you sneezed, you would be vulnerable to demons. So they said "bless you" so the demon would be cast out and eliminated beore it reached you.

by the way, I like tacos. :D

I heard that mascera contains bat dung... o_O

I was reading my history book, and some tribe (I'll edit with their name tomorrow) uses cattle dung and pee as grooming supplies... :eek:

AT&T monopilized the whole phone buisness once, but had to found other companies because of the law.

Female pugs must have surgery to give birth. Or so I've heard.

On average, most Americans have cell phones.

**NOT PROVEN** On observations done by me, names determine personality.

Benge is a curious poison that will kill some chickens and leave the others completly unaffected.

The average person sleeps 1/3 of their life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhh...These might have been said but I'll say them :3

-Flamingos milk is red (yuck)

-A snail has more than 20,000 teeth.

-Humpback whales are better than blue whales.

-Humpback whales sings over and over again.

O_O RED MILK?! FLAMINGOS ARE YUCK...Now

The other day on TamaCHAT, we were randomly discussing some interesting and funny facts we all pulled off the internet. It was a ton of fun, so i decided to post some of the facts here so everyone can see!

Facts like:

*Nondairy creamer is flammable

*Polar bears are left handed

*A catfish has over 27000 tastebuds

*No piece of paper can be folded more than seven times (proven wrong, someone folded it 8 times!)

*The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma

*Donkeys kill more people than plane crashes :eek:

*Apples can wake you up in the morning better than coffee! (one apple please!)

*The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets(lol!) :D

*Pearls melt in vinegar

*You can't lick your elbow

*'Go', is the shortest complete sentence in the English language

*Almost everyone who reads this will try to lick their elbow!(hahahahahahahah!!! :lol: :D )

Does anyone know anymore interesting facts? :furawatchi:
LOL! In a moment of sheer defiance, I put down my laptop, frowned, and thought 'sure I can lick my elbow. I bet I can lick my elbow. I'm totally gonna lick my elbow!', fully expecting to be sat here now typing 'HA! I just licked my elbow'.

I was very disappointed D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back