Is debugging worth it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i think it's worth it. i've debugged my tamagotchi's with succes and it's interesting getting unobtainable characters through debug mode, especially in the v1. and some people blame debugging for permanently breaking their tamagotchi's but it's really your own fault, for trying something you don't even feel confident with in the first place. if you like exploring glitches or you're like me and don't really care about having "fun" or an "exciting experience", i highly recomend debugging, unless you are uncomfortable with opening up and electronic.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=8pt] I don't really know what debugging does so I am not sure on this one.[/SIZE]

It may be fun but theres a chance that you could ruin your Tama, and I'd prefer not to take that risk.

The only time I'd do it, or attempt to do it, would be if I had two of a certain current version, I'd debug one of my V2's but you can't buy them in the shops anymore.

:D тαуz :D

Okay, (I always start topics like hat, don't I?) do you think debugging is really worth taking the whole thing apart and possibly breaking it? do you think its worth losing tamatown forever?
[SIZE=10pt] Its not worth it. it could easily break your tama. If you insist on debugging , find more out about it before you do it [/SIZE]

I agree with the no choice: It will take out most of the fun from your game, and even if you do choose Mametchi or Mimitchi and show them off, you will generally be a big cheater, since you did not earn those Tamas the old fashioned way. Think about it, why did you buy your Tamagotchi? To cheat in it, show off and waste the money? Trust me, I know what it feels like to cheat in a game. You will be bored to death because you did not earn what you got.

UNLESS, you will be OK with these happening after debugging (what the other posters said, not me)

-(a lot of people) It may break your Tama.

-(tamadogg) Your battery will go dead about every 3 weeks.

-(Um... Didn't have time to read the rest of the posts sorry.)

the fun of tamagotchi is trying for characters and having fun along the way. what is the point of that n cheating. You may break you tama and lose contact with the tamagotchi world. is that really worth it... ;)

It depends on how you feel. Debugging can be fun, but it's dangerous if you aren't careful, and you could lose that little Tama. I don't know what it's like - I tried it once, but I couldn't take apart my Tamagotchi because I didn't have the right size screwdriver.

I tried debugging once but it didn't work. It didn't mess my tamagotchi up either though so I was happy for that. I guess it's only worth it if your willing to sacrifice your tamagotchi... ^_^

Debugging really does take away the challenge and fun of getting your favourite character through hard work and taking care of your Tamagotchi...

Not only that, but there is a big risk of ruining your Tamagotchi to beyond repair.

Its only 'worth' it if you:

1. Don't care if it might break and/or don't mind buying a new one if it does.

2. Are so bored with it already that you just want to get any character without any effort.

3. Don't mind possibly spoiling some of the fun of caring for a Tamagotchi.

no! that destoryed my v3! evry time i put in a brand new battary in it said battary low! and btw why did u put pie is yummy on it? :mellow:

I think it's cool but if u do it be aware of the consequences....

I think I like Pie is cool, because if no1 knows what de-bugging is they might be randomish and say:

.....I like Pie......

i only just debugged my brothers tama for him this morning, it didnt take long, and after watching a video on youtube i knew how to do it perfectly =]]

its still ok now, so i guess i did it correctly,

the best thing about it is you can press button c and fast forward time, its cool

i want to do it to my other 7 tamas but they are all english (he got his off the internet, so it got mailed from u.s)

why can you only do it on american ones??

x_tamagotchii_x

What is debugging????? :p   :p   :D
Here's a useful link that can answer your question: Debugging? , What does it do?

Just scroll down to the first reply; the second post (including the start of that topic). That should answer your question.

Anyway, on topic. I think debugging is risky business. If you're new to the thing, I suggest you stay away from it, until you're, like, a pro. Even when you are a pro, it's still risky. I mean, taking apart your Tamagotchi can totally ruin it! And, like a lot of these other posts, it takes the fun out of Tamagotchi. It's boooooooooriiiiiiiiing when you get to choose the character you want, instead of a little "pizzaz!" in taking care of your Tama. Plus, it speeds up the process, so you don't have time to enjoy it.

I say it's not worth it...in some cases. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back