Is it just my computer...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StarTama

Reaction score
Whenever I go to TamaTalk, I've been getting an increasing number of "Page Cannot Be Displayed" messages, and the Internet has been unresponsive when on TamaTalk. I am very patient with my computer, and anyway it happened when I accessed TamaTalk via my friend's computer as well! And my friend uses a different Internet service to me. It doesn't happen on other sites. It also happened when I was with my friend and she logged in with her TT account. I am worried... is there something wrong with TamaTalk *shocked and concerned* :p . Perhaps the running-out-of-bandwidth thing has happened! NOOOOO! :(

StarTama :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I do see your point.

My animated avvies haven't been loading and actually I have to try like a billion times to get my avvie and stuff to load up.

Though before we go making conclusions.

The Admin should check if he/she can.

Whenever I go to TamaTalk, I've been getting an increasing number of "Page Cannot Be Displayed" messages, and the Internet has been unresponsive when on TamaTalk. I am very patient with my computer, and anyway it happened when I accessed TamaTalk via my friend's computer as well! And my friend uses a different Internet service to me. It doesn't happen on other sites. It also happened when I was with my friend and she logged in with her TT account. I am worried... is there something wrong with TamaTalk *shocked and concerned* :p . Perhaps the running-out-of-bandwidth thing has happened! NOOOOO! :( StarTama :huh:
Yes, that happens to me aswell. :D What I do, is I just Refresh the page. I think the reason this is happening is, because a lot of Members are trying to log in at the same time. Maybe I am wrong, but try Refreshing the page! :( That should help everyone out with the problem. :D

~Tama-Love~

Oh and another thing... once, I was trying to use a new avatar from my computer. I have had this avatar that said PARTY for a very short time, and I was trying to change to my Hitodetchi avatar. But when I changed it, it was still the PARTY one. :p I tried again and again with all the avatars I have made, but still PARTY. So, I deleted the PARTY one from my computer, and tried to change it. Still the same PARTY one. Deleted the PARTY one from my computer's Recycle Bin, and tried yet again. Surprise, surprise, still the PARTY avatar. Finally a few days later, after deleting all my avatars from my computer, I was able to make a new one and use it. :( It was so weird.

P.S. I had an idea. This can be a TamaTalk glitch list. I'll put one in my next post.

Right, once I sent an avatar to GK1, which was a Furawatchi / Leaftchi. And she put it on, with a note in the signature saying Thanks for the avatar StarTama. But to me, it still looked like she had the same avatar! I trust GK1 (of course), but can any of you see the Furawatchi avatar. Is it just my computer, or are all computer's except GK1's having this error? *confused* :p

Oh and another thing... once, I was trying to use a new avatar from my computer. I have had this avatar that said PARTY for a very short time, and I was trying to change to my Hitodetchi avatar. But when I changed it, it was still the PARTY one. :( I tried again and again with all the avatars I have made, but still PARTY. So, I deleted the PARTY one from my computer, and tried to change it. Still the same PARTY one. Deleted the PARTY one from my computer's Recycle Bin, and tried yet again. Surprise, surprise, still the PARTY avatar. Finally a few days later, after deleting all my avatars from my computer, I was able to make a new one and use it. :D It was so weird.StarTama :huh:

P.S. I had an idea. This can be a TamaTalk glitch list. I'll put one in my next post.
Hmm.. Thats weird! :D Yes, I have heard members complain about this before, but never experienced it myself to be sure! :p Well, maybe someone else like a Guide/Admin can think of why this is happening! :(

~Tama-Love~

Right, once I sent an avatar to GK1, which was a Furawatchi / Leaftchi. And she put it on, with a note in the signature saying Thanks for the avatar StarTama. But to me, it still looked like she had the same avatar! I trust GK1 (of course), but can any of you see the Furawatchi avatar. Is it just my computer, or are all computer's except GK1's having this error? *confused* :D StarTama :huh:
Yes, GK1 isn't leying. :p I can see the Furawatchi / Leaftchi on with a purple background on it! :( It's real pretty, nice job StarTama! :(

~Tama-Love~

OK, this is now officially creeping me out! I just read a post by GK1 and the avatar was... working! :p Yesterday it wasn't, today it is. Could it be because I accessed my account from someone else's computer? What happened was:

- Yesterday, I was on my own computer, and GK1's avatar was still the old one.

- Then, I went to my friend's house, and logged in as me (don't worry I logged off there). I didn't see any posts by GK1 then, we were only on for a few minutes.

- Today, I logged on my own computer, and before I posted here, I didn't see any of GK1's posts. So I posted the post and then wandered off to Non-TamaTalk, and saw GK1's avatar, which was working.

Could logging on another computer have somehow changed my account? I also changed my password recently, but I'm sure I've seen GK1's old avatar since then... I am so creeped out, this is NOT funny.

Many of these problems with incorrect images showing up can be resolved by clearing the cache on your web browser (or waiting for it to update)...

The site being unresponsive is not one of those. I am looking into it. We might have to play around with turning things on and off like the "are reading this topic" part at the bottom of each topic page and/or TamaChat (I know that would be unpopular!). I am looking into a possible solution to this problem... :huh:

Many of these problems with incorrect images showing up can be resolved by clearing the cache on your web browser (or waiting for it to update)...
The site being unresponsive is not one of those. I am looking into it. We might have to play around with turning things on and off like the "are reading this topic" part at the bottom of each topic page and/or TamaChat (I know that would be unpopular!). I am looking into a possible solution to this problem... :huh:
Thats kind Admin. :p Thanks for trying with figuring things out! :(

~Tama-Love~

Hmm. I've noticed it's been slow lately. I've also gotten quite a few error pages. x.x' I have suspi(s or c?)ions of what might be happening.. but I don't want to jump to conclusions or stir up people's thoughts.

The site being unresponsive is not one of those. I am looking into it. We might have to play around with turning things on and off like the "are reading this topic" part at the bottom of each topic page and/or TamaChat (I know that would be unpopular!). I am looking into a possible solution to this problem... :lol:
I wonder. Do you think putting the chat back to weekends only would help at all?

The site being unresponsive is not one of those.  I am looking into it.  We might have to play around with turning things on and off like the "are reading this topic" part at the bottom of each topic page and/or TamaChat (I know that would be unpopular!).  I am looking into a possible solution to this problem... :D
That's it, Admin! The problems started with the "who is reading this topic thing". I'm sure they started about the time that was turned on. As for the clearing the cache thing... how do you do that? I've tried, but it didn't work. GK1's avatar just seemed to start working for no particular reason... :D I don't know about TamaChat - it has never caused any problems for me. But if that's what has to be done to save TamaTalk (this is beginning to sound like my story!), then it has to be done. TT is obivously more important than Chat.

StarTama :lol:

EDIT: We could have a poll - which of these do you think is the most important? Whichever gets the least votes gets turned off , so we only have the stuff that a lot of members really want :p .

That's it, Admin! The problems started with the "who is reading this topic thing". I'm sure they started about the time that was turned on. As for the clearing the cache thing... how do you do that? I've tried, but it didn't work. GK1's avatar just seemed to start working for no particular reason... :p I don't know about TamaChat - it has never caused any problems for me. But if that's what has to be done to save TamaTalk (this is beginning to sound like my story!), then it has to be done. TT is obivously more important than Chat.StarTama :lol:

EDIT: We could have a poll - which of these do you think is the most important? Whichever gets the least votes gets turned off , so we only have the stuff that a lot of members really want :D .
*points at bolded*

I've actually noticed a few times that when there's a lot of people in the chat, the whole site seems to run a bit slow. The chat lags a lot, and I have a feeling that could effect the forums. I could be wrong though ^.^'

i think the site is just fine, considering how my computer works. there's nothing wrong with it, hardly ever. but i think you should definately keep the TamaChat on everday 24/7. there's no problems with TamaTalk or TamaChat with my computer and everything loads and works perfectly. I don't want to give out any false information, so i'm not sure if its your computer or TamaTalk.

kuchipatchiluver ^_^ :lol: :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back