Is it normal for kids

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to point something else out: Adolescent depression is different from adult depression. So if you look at website of symptoms or the like, make sure if anything you are looking under "teen or adolescent" not adult. Also keep in mind that just horomones are out of whack and they can make you feel different than normal because you are growing, developing and changing but that does not mean you have depression. It can be but not always.

Wow...! *Feels inspired by **UrItChI** * lol .. that's such a good explanation, I wish you would have told me that sooner.. thanks!!
[SIZE=7pt]Thank you very much, I help I helped. :lol: [/SIZE]

I know alot about depression from my past experience with it.

I have mostly gotten over it, so I try to bring people that I know who are suffering from it some hope.

And Tamaw/Pants, you are completely right. There are different stages of life, and different reasons for feeling anxious/sad.

I can tell that from your username squidward is cool ... - lol and your welcome **Uritchi** , and tamaw/pants, you are right, but what do you mean by "Out of whack" ? thanks for listening-ith!
When you develope and mature your horomone levels go up and go down and do a bunch of crazy things. In adults the levels of horomones are more stable. That's when there's depression in adults. In teens, the horomones are already "unstable" if you will so you may feel really happy one moment and the next really bad feeling. This is not depression. It happens naturally but sometimes the levels do go unatural and that's when you have adolescent depression.

Ack, rambling but it's kinda hard to explain on three hours of sleep. ^__^;

Well, just wanted to know .. because I think I have dipression.. I never smile, I feel so empty, and I almost cryed today because I felt empty, I feel like nothing!..so, is it normal?
Hi,

I have depression also. Here is my story why:

My brother was always fighting with my parents and it got so bad they had to call the police. I even remember feeling afraid to go home after school. I love my brother, just him and my parents don't get along. And so he started doing drugs and having parties when the rest of my family was out on vacation. He did underage drinking and a lot of other stuff.

Wow that is bad *tama-dreamer*, but I don't think it's depression, like what I sayed, my life was just kinda ruined, maybe you just feel that way to... and thanks for explaining it to me tamaw/pants... :kuribotchi: and I think that's the problem, suddenly i'm happy, but then I start to feel sad and I don't want to talk to people at that moment, thanks for explaining [ and I could never live on 3 hours of sleep.. you are lucky! :kuribotchi: :kuribotchi: ]..

thats normal. follow the rules of the other posters, and just think on the positive side. I mean really, if you are feeling depressed, sad, and feeling sorry for yourself, where is that going to get you? NOWHERE! I think it is normal to be like that, but only if it's temporary.

I'm good at raising sprits.....

Hope I helped.

Oh yeah, *tama-dreamer*, that's sooo bad I don't know what to tell you. I would just stay out of it, it looks like your brother isn't going to be a good person when he grows up. Just stay on the good side, because at least it's not YOU who is taking drugs and doing under-age drinking.

Your right, I'm almost 12, and the hormones are starting to kick in. I get those mood swings, but they are only for a bit.

~tomrules74185296

[SIZE=7pt]Depression is normal for people of all ages.[/SIZE]So please don't feel left out.

It happens for many reasons.

And, as I assume that you are 12 years old, I know that the preteen years are tough.

But your age has it's turning points.

It's a changing time.

I'm 13, and I know that for sure.

And there's so many positive things in life. So, why miss out on noticing them?

And to feel better, hold onto your hope. :furawatchi:

Find out the reason why you are feeling so down.

That will definetely help you when it comes to feeling better.

Don't feel so bad about yourself, and I know how hard that is.

You have to believe in yourself. Find all of your great qualities. You have them in you. Everyone does. :mametchi:

And nobody gets exactly what they want, whenever they want.

Well, at least most people that you're going to come in contact with.

Have somebody that you can rely on, whether it's friends and family.

And your Parents are definetely there to help.

Talking to them about your problems helps so much.

As long as you can trust them, you can tell them absolutely everything.

I talk to my Family Doctor about what I'm feeling once-in-a-while.

And he has some good stuff to say.

Don't feel like you need to schedule extra Doc' appointments.

Just bring it up during your appointments.

I know, this was a really long reply.

I hope you feel better! :unsure:
Thanks, your a good person.

~tomrules74185296

[SIZE=7pt]Thank you very much, I help I helped. :furawatchi: [/SIZE]
I know alot about depression from my past experience with it.

I have mostly gotten over it, so I try to bring people that I know who are suffering from it some hope.

And Tamaw/Pants, you are completely right. There are different stages of life, and different reasons for feeling anxious/sad.
I hope you can help me.....

i'm almost 12.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back