Is it ok for a man to hit a woman?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading lots of replies here and I have to admit that I find it difficult to understand why people say they think it's wrong to hit someone, but that it's ok to hit someone if they hit you first. (Sounds a bit like "Well, it's not my fault, he started it..")
If you truly believe hitting is wrong, then don't hit back (man or woman - I don't see there's a difference in the principle).

Don't lower yourself to their level.

Don't escalate the violence.

Self defence? Walk (or run) away.

Non violence.

Jesus Christ preached it.

Ghandi managed it and was instrumental in bringing down the British Empire in India.

Martin Luther King was inspired by it.

Aung San Suu Kyi was a prisoner in her own home for 15 years because of it.

(Non violence is not the same as Cowardice)

... maybe I am just old (and weary) and I have had my fill of aggression in this world :)
I see your point, but at the same time I know that if a 6-foot guy grabbed me and started hitting me I could probably not run away. I'd most likely hit them back, to be honest. Though it's bad to sink to your attacker's level, it's better to do all you can to get away from them than to allow yourself to be abused like that.

Nonviolence is one of the bravest things you can do, but if you're being attacked maybe you should put your own safety first.

No one has the right to hit anyone, regardless the sex / age / religion or whatever other reason there might be. The only thing I could understand is self-defence, sometimes there simply is no other choice to defend our lives / health / people that are with us that moment.
And people hurting other people should be punished not only by paying fines or going to prison for, like, 10 years - it's ridiculous... Way too short and pro-crime if you ask me. If the punishments were worse there would be less crime. And no, I'm not talking about death penalty or cruelty, just to be clear. Just long time in prison. Best for life - such monsters deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back