is it safe?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doglover10

Reaction score
i met this guy online, weve been online "dating" for a year, and weve been online friends for two years he recently gave me his phone number ( i forgot it anyway) aperently he lives within driving distance of me, not too far (cuz he experienced the same small earth quake the other day that i did) even though ive been "dating" him im extremely cautios of online predetors, ive given no personal info other than my name and i realy want to call him (partly to hear his voice and see if it souns like and older man, and mostly cuz i just want to hear his voice in genrall) but i think that might be going too far.

would it be ok if i called him but did the whole *69 thing?

would it be ok if i gave him my Email and mabey asked him to send me a picture so i no for sure? (forget i said that, that might actually make HIM cautios of ME)

my dad used to read me the articals in the news paper about kids killed by preditors when i was little and now im scared

ive known him for so long i trust him but u can never be sure, i REALLY REALLY want to call him, and mabey somday meet him but i just dont know! help! (even though i know what ur gonna say...im in denial)

Number one, how old are you?

Number two, online dating in this kind of environment is really risky. For one, yeah, he could be a 47 year old pervert. But even if he's not, there is a lot of room for lie on the internet because it's so easy.

I say absolutely not though if you want to still, ask your parents first!!

[SIZE=13pt]Hmm...It's kind of funny how everyone always hears about the stories of People who always get hurt or raped by online dating. But you never seem to hear about the good stories that happened from it. >.o[/SIZE]

Just because their are predators out there...Doesn't mean that everyone is out to get you. :eek:

Well...I say give it a try. Otherwise what would be the point of this relationship right? ^^

If your a little bit to nervous to give him a call. Just start with ex-changing emails!...

Or maybe you should start by giving him a simple call. ;]

Besides...After 3 years of knowing this guy, I think if he was a predator he'd try and get more "Inside" Information about you by now right? ^^!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember you from TC and if I remember correctly, you are under 13, so I would DEFINETLY say do not do it. Anyone under 16 SHOULD NOT be involved in online relationships let alone taking it to a person front from there. You talk to him through emails, then its the phone, then you eventually meet up, and I dont care what anyone else says, he could be some nasty old man who only has nasty intentions and its not worth it.

Yeah, we only hear about the bad ones because it happens more often then you think. Good relationships come out of the internet too, yes, but its better safe than sorry when you are young like this. Wait until you are older before you take an online relationship into the real world because you need to make sure you can handle the reality of it and what could honestly happen.

If you insist on talking to him on the phone (which is sounds like you probably will lol you ask for the advice but you already know what we are going to say) then I would suggest putitng him on speakerphone and having another person in the room at the same time so you have someone there to get you out of the situation if it doesnt turn out to be what you thought it would. Be CAREFUL!

If you're under 13 like Charleene said, than no. Also like Charleene said, if you're under 16, than no.

If you're over 16, you can, but be careful. Anything can happen, so Don't do anything regarding him alone. If you call him, don't be alone. If you meet him, don't go alone. Even if he says he is, say, a 17-year-old that lives in Michigan, he could be a 70-year-old in Spain.

Good luck,

Scottie

[SIZE=13pt]Hmm...It's kind of funny how everyone always hears about the stories of People who always get hurt or raped by online dating. But you never seem to hear about the good stories that happened from it. >.o[/SIZE]Just because their are predators out there...Doesn't mean that everyone is out to get you. :chohimetchi:

Well...I say give it a try. Otherwise what would be the point of this relationship right? ^^

If your a little bit to nervous to give him a call. Just start with ex-changing emails!...

Or maybe you should start by giving him a simple call. ;]

Besides...After 3 years of knowing this guy, I think if he was a predator he'd try and get more "Inside" Information about you by now right? ^^!
thats what i assumed, i feel really horrible acusing my online boyfriend of being a 47 year old perv

Do your parents know that you have a so called "boyfriend" that you met on the internet? I personally think that you're being quite stupid. You don't know who this guy is, do you know how old he is? Have you seen what he looks like? You can't have a boyfriend on the internet. I don't care what internet dating sites say, you just can't. You have to know them in person in order to make a realization that they could actually be your boyfriend/girlfriend. I would diss this guy if I were you.

But, if you're really into it, ask your parents what they think.

I don't think a cell phone call would be terribly dangerous, but I would NOT use my home phone. It is trackable, and I would never use that at your age.

Where did you meet this guy? What kind of relationship do you have? What does he want? And you? How old does he claim to be? You're 12, right?

I know it's a lot of questions,but as an adult who has used online dating services, I'm telling you that you have to be REALLY cautious about people. I have met quite a few guys online and then met them in person, and nothing *bad* has ever happened to me yet, persay, but some have turned out to be creeps or not exactly what I expected. Bad things don't hppen until they do, which is why you must be overly cautious inthis scenario. Good things certainly can result from meeting a person online...my current boyfriend I met on match.com.....but at your age and not knowing anything about your interactions with this guy it makes me really wary.

You really need to ask your parents first. If they say no, do not call him. If they say yes, you may. However, since you are so young, I wouldn't. Maybe do this with him for a few more years, and then call him. That way you can get to know him better and stuff.

If you do end up calling him, call him from a pay phone or something. That way he cannot know where you live. The call might not be as 'private' (it depends on where the pay phone is), but it will be much safer because he won't be able to track you down. He'll know what town you live in, at the most, if you call from your town.

Hmm I would never do that

He could get your phone number and google it. It comes up with your name and address. I would not. Thats my opinion

Do your parents know that you have a so called "boyfriend" that you met on the internet? I personally think that you're being quite stupid. You don't know who this guy is, do you know how old he is? Have you seen what he looks like? You can't have a boyfriend on the internet. I don't care what internet dating sites say, you just can't. You have to know them in person in order to make a realization that they could actually be your boyfriend/girlfriend. I would diss this guy if I were you.
But, if you're really into it, ask your parents what they think.
It is very possible to have a boyfriend/girlfriend on the Internet. A boyfriend/girlfried is somebody you trust, can be yourself around, && could be interested in more than just a friend-to-friend relationship. My friend has made some Internet boyfriends on crunchyroll.com. Some of them work out, some of them don't. That's just the way it is anywhere. Not all of your relationships work out in real life, do they? No, they don't.

Internet dating definatley has its perks. Instead of judging somebody by their appearance, you can get to know their personality first, which is what really matters in a relationship.

Doglover~ I would *69 your call, put it on speaker, with another family member/close friend around, just incase things get, "freaky." If you do decide to meet in person, meet in a public place like the mall, && take a trusted adult with you. :blink:

Internet relationships DO work if you try, GG96. Practically all of my online close friends have my number and we call eachother once or twice. Only call him if you really do trust him, if you don't trust him at all. Then what's the point? I know people that have met online and got married, it's about personality and not appearence in my opinion.

*69 him in my opinion. Make sure to put yourself on mute if you're still not sure so you can hear his voice. If he sounds like a 45 year old then hang up and stop talking to him or something.

Good luck, I wish you the best ^O^

well it looks like you already know what you should do so follow that. If you really cannot live with anymore contact then call him but make sure there is someone else in the room. And if you really want to meet him do it in a place where there are a lot of people and bring ur dad. Yes there are some relationships that work online but almost all of them are not 13!

I would start with e-mails. You can even change all your identifiable info on that. Or, just start a new e-mail, just for e-mailing him.

Also, maybe you could ask him to run around on a YouTube video, even in a Darth Vader mask. :D A YouTube video is worth a thousand words. :D Or even just talking on a video, like just taping a screen and having him talk, could show that he's not an older dude. (When one of my internet buddies needed proof for his mom that I'm not a 40-year-old man, he showed his mom my YouTube, where I just tape my virtual pets and just talk, and the sound of my voice showed that I was not a 40-year-old man, but just a teenage girl.)

And, just to let you know, I've heard of successful meet-ups turning into relationships, and abductions. So, not all meet-ups are life-taking.

You really need to ask your parents first. If they say no, do not call him. If they say yes, you may. However, since you are so young, I wouldn't. Maybe do this with him for a few more years, and then call him. That way you can get to know him better and stuff.
If you do end up calling him, call him from a pay phone or something. That way he cannot know where you live. The call might not be as 'private' (it depends on where the pay phone is), but it will be much safer because he won't be able to track you down. He'll know what town you live in, at the most, if you call from your town.
[SIZE=13pt]o_O Lol. She's known him for 3 years already. [/SIZE]

Another 3 more years until she can call him?! Thats just silly. D:

But that pay phone idea is a good one though. O.O

Except... :D Your time is very limited.

But still! ;] Untraceable

Sure, some online relationships can work but how many IRL relationships last at this at to begin with?

I think it's up to your parents in this matter, honestly. Do not go behind their backs- a guy even if he is actually 13 some odd years will not be worth it!!

Pay phone seems a good idea.If he sounds funny staw weel away.And if you EVER meet him make sure its in a shopping mall etc. and for extra caution bring a big stick in self defence to hit him over the head If hes being inapropriate,also be careful someone your own age can still be very dangerous.

You know me and my best friend met several years back online and were friends for a few years online before we eventually met up and dated for a couple years. We were older though to know how to stay safe and stuff to whom we talked online. Obviously even after we dated years ago, and him getting married soon, we're still best friends and it all did it's thing years ago. I think you might be a tad young to be doing this kind of stuff. I suggest if you do choose to talk on the phone, have your mother OK this and let him talk to her. Other than that, it's just not advisable at this time.

(About the subject title, why would you ask us if you already know what we're going to say?)

Anyhoo, I think that a payphone or *69 would be the best ways to go, because then he can't track you. How do you know he's not a sixty year old pedophile? Or, like what Squidward is Cool suggested, have him run around and talk on a video.

Personally, I think you're much too young to do this so I wouldn't go so far. But if you really want to go a step farther, give him your email and you can talk there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back