Is it true?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tosakatchigal

Reaction score
I am hearring from some people that v5s aren't good! And from others who think that they're awesome! Whose side are you on? ;)

Also, if the v5s aren't as good, then willt he v6 be better or worse?

Well, what I've found is that the younger Tamagotchi fans 10-12 enjoy them, but the older fans don't.

To me, the v5 feels less like a Tamagotchi. They shouldn't even label it "Tamagotchi Connection" because it doesn't connect with any other versions. Below are the pros and cons I found...

Pros:

~ Large Screen, new sounds, slightly improved graphics.

Cons:

~ Doesn't connect with anything but the v5.

~ You only care for the kids, the parents only show up as guest characters during feeding.

~ You only intereact with one of the Tamas on screen. That one plays games, goes to TamaTown and stuff on it's own. The "family" isn't involved at all.

~ At the Tama-Earth Expo, you have to enter and re-enter the passwords on you Tamagotchi each time you travel to a new zone, or play another game. It gets very old very fast.

~ When you have an item, it is almost always the same animation. The three kids line up infront of it, and happy music plays. Also gets old very fast.

~ The amount of points you earn from games does not coordinate with the price of items in the shops. Each time you play a game you get around 10-50 points. The items in the shops cost thousands, so you end up having to go online to the hectic Tama-Town deal to earn money, or you can cheat with fabricated passwords.

~ The new system called Bonding Percentage is difficult to raise. You have to change the time repededly go get it to rise at all, because the three items that raise pints are expensive and they only raise it 3 points. Binary has a great article that explains it all!

Hahaha, I didn't mean to bash the v5 or anything, but I hoped this helped. I think v5 is kinda a new apporach to Tamagotchis, but I don;t think it was a necessary one.

I don't have one, but I'm considering getting it because:

a) It sounds like it's not too clogged up with games and jobs this time.

:) One thing that annoyed me about the v3/v4 is that you must complete a game fully to lose 3g of weight. Because I can be a perfectionist at times, to me it is crucial to get at the exact base weight and if I don't I get pretty annoyed!! At least on the v5 there is no weight to worry about.

c) I usually don't worry about Gotchi Points or items. So the fact that it takes longer to get an item doesn't sound too bad. Also, since the items are multiple use and they stay forever, it's good to earn less money so you get that completionist feeling later. Items aren't everything but at least some keep your Tamagotchi happy on this version.

d) I'm not worried about not being able to connect, because I rarely connect anyway, only to mate.

e) I think I can be pretty quick at punching in passwords, so the password thing shouldn't be too much of a problem. Besides, I find the activities on the TamaEXPO pretty fun.

f) Not being able to care for the parents doesn't really scar me, because in the past versions once it was time to start a new generation you would not be able to care for the parents anyway.

The v5 was a rush to get the famitama to the U.S. and like the v4.5, was not as good as presumed. Next thing we know, we're staring at a v5.4 on the shelf at the local wal-mart! The v5 was a good concept, but it was rushed into destruction, the v5 characters are good, and the games are nice too, but the "Three tama to one gotchi" idea was good, like adding the IR sensor for connecting. The v5 is good, but it could have been better. I dont hate them, but im not drooling on it thinking "I never want to leave my tama..."

thats just my oppinion, no offence V5 lovers! :eek:

I am hearring from some people that v5s aren't good! And from others who think that they're awesome! Whose side are you on? :p

Also, if the v5s aren't as good, then willt he v6 be better or worse?
Well, I had a v4.5

My friend Jessica had a v5 that she bought on ebay.

She let me play with it frequently.

I soon realized that they cant get jobs.

The items were hard to recognize as well.

I'm begining to think the v4.5 in better.

I don't have either of them anymore though xD ( long story )

I personally dont like them. Its just far too complicated and its a big jump from v.4. Tamagotchi has lost its novelty

I dont have one. But Its Your opinion. Someone else might not have liked them, but that shouldent make you belive they are bad.

I don't have one yet but they seem ok

anyways I don't think you can be to old to like what people call a "childs toy"

I meen no one is to old to love/like anything <3

i think they r really fun and im 12.Binary gave out all the cheats so its easy to get bonding, plus whenever you get more bonding its fun because they change. You alo dont have to worry about their weight, you can just plain have un w/ them! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back