Is my dad abusive?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asiangotchi

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just, something I want to share.

Well, earlier today, my little sister (She's 3) wanted to watch TV. My dad refused, and she started crying. When she cries, my dad slaps her on the legs, sometimes the face, sometimes bruising her, and he doesn't bother to apologize any day, and my step mom doesn't do anything about it.. And then after all that, he comes to yell at everyone else about stuff completely unrelated, usually about why we don't help take care of my younger siblings..

It's hard to say I love him, because it's not entirely true if this is how he disciplines us. Does this count as abusive?

I get smacked all the time by my mom for being a smartass. I think it's different if your dad hits you though, only because he's stronger. Even though my dad yells at me and gets angry really easily, he never lays a hand on me. I don't think it's ok for your dad to slap you or your 3 YEAR OLD sister out of anger or frustration. It's not like he beats you repeatedly though, so if I were you I'd just ask your mom to talk to him about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say so. Some parents give their kids a little spank once in a while, but this is leaving bruises and making her cry. I would say the best thing to do right now is talk to your stepmom about your concerns.

Banned topics: Suicide, death, dying, abuse, etc

At TamaTalk we have many members who are able to open up and talk about their problems, using the group to help sort things out. Normally, we don't mind this, however, we have to draw the line in regards to topics discussing death, dying, suicide threats, cancer, abuse, etc... As a group, TamaTalker are very sympathetic individuals however, our trust has been abused a few too many times and we can no longer allow these topics to be posted.
If you feel that your father has been compromising your care or threatening your safety then you need to talk to an adult you trust - your mother, a teacher, a school counselor, a church minister, etc (Or if you click the link I left at the beginning of the post, you can find links to hotlines and other resources to help you out).

I hope you understand why I am closing this topic... any questions, PM me.

Thanks!

*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back