Is there a limit to the number of generations you can go through on any Tamagotchi version?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NerdyTamaGirl54

Reaction score
Are generations limited to the point as to where you get such a high generation that you have to restart your Tamagotchi, or from your own knowledge can you reach a very high generation number and keep going?

Sorry if this question is confusing ><

If you get to 99 generations, the internal counter will stop working, it'll only go to 99.

However, you can keep going 1000000000+ generations, just you have to count on your own. ;)

No there isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to programming, you can not have an infinite number, however,, the maximum will be very high such as in the thousands or millions, depending on the type of integer. To go above that limit would cause an integer overflow and possibly set it to the minimum nuumber, which either would be 0 or a negative number. It's like the y2k error or like when a car's analog odometer passes 9999 and goes back to 0.

I would hope there aren't any caps on it, apart from when it hits the final marker, in about 9999. But, I would even love to see most people get about 10 generations. I've noticed that that people on here, and of course from people I know, don't get past the first few generations. I am hoping to get VERY far with my v4, because it's my favourite and you don't ever really need to worry about repeating yourself, through the characters, or jobs. Unless of course, you want to strive for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back