Is this...right?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXLadyOfSorrowsXx

Reaction score
Ok,I see some little kids out there singing songs,like,about er, "it". Like,I saw a first grader that was singing "Low" the other day. I mean like, whoa. I think it's ok if they listen to these songs,but when they start singing them,well,I think their parents should have some say in what they listen to,especially if they don't know what it's about and it's about, yeah. I was just wondering what your veiws were. I mean like,I think it's ok if someone a bit older sings stuff like that to be funny. Like Brennan when he's in that whole mode of scaring people in a good way,he'll start singing "Talk Dirty To Me" or something,but,he's OLDER than those first graders and doing that to make people laugh. So,what are your veiws on this?

Kids shouldn't be listening to rap in the first place. All it is is people talking about shooting people and sex. Parents should have a better hold on what their kids listen to.

Well, that stuff is so heavily advertised. I guess its better for the kids to be singing the songs and not knowing what it means and just liking the tune than to know what it means and still sing it. You shouldn't really restrict it though cause then the kids would realize that it's a bad thing and want it even more, you know what i mean? Its obviously not good but you can't really do anything about it than to not advertise it as much, because if they really want it, they will have ways to get it.

They don't know what they're talking about, they don't care, they just feel ' Oh, it's fine, I don't care anyways. ' ~

To my point of view, kids are just being immature, they just feel like it sounds cool ( Apparently they don't even understand the meaning of the song )

Yeah, half the reason the kids even sing these songs is because they like the catchy tunes, or hear their older siblings singing it. They probably have absolutely no clue what getting 'low' is at all... :(

Music is getting more and more..erm..odd day by day. I mean 'Sensual Seduction' (and that's the CLEAN version of the real song!), 'Love in this Club' (Umm..why would you want to have intercourse with someone in public..tacky, much?), 'The way I Are' (First of all, grammar issues, and stripping), 'Touch my Body' (just look at song title), and 'Rock Star' (It talks about how the 'girls come easy and the drugs come cheap)...those songs all play on radio stations that KIDS listen to where I live.

Kids are not only listen and sing the music, but they are INFLUENCED by it as well. Rap music is very popular nowadays, and most of it isn't exactly the most appropriate stuff around. Sex, drugs, dirty dancing, and more are what many of these hip-hop melodies. The songs make it sound like doing drugs and sex are so normal and cool..when really, teen pregnancy and drug abuse are two of the worlds leading problems. So these tunes really aren't helping, no matter how hot they may be.

That's just my opinion,

Chatterbox

What you put in is what you get out and with what's being played on the radios and TVs that's a scary thought.

Ok,I see some little kids out there singing songs,like,about er, "it". Like,I saw a first grader that was singing "Low" the other day. I mean like, whoa. I think it's ok if they listen to these songs,but when they start singing them,well,I think their parents should have some say in what they listen to,especially if they don't know what it's about and it's about, yeah. I was just wondering what your veiws were. I mean like,I think it's ok if someone a bit older sings stuff like that to be funny. Like Brennan when he's in that whole mode of scaring people in a good way,he'll start singing "Talk Dirty To Me" or something,but,he's OLDER than those first graders and doing that to make people laugh. So,what are your veiws on this?
It sometimes disgusts me that the most popular songs are very raunchy (sp?). For example when I was 9 years old, the song "Hey Ya!" by Outkast was popular. The song is about breaking up with someone with which the singer is in a sexual relationship. There were quite a few songs from when I was about 9 years old, give or take a year or so, with naughty themes.

Yeah, half the reason the kids even sing these songs is because they like the catchy tunes, or hear their older siblings singing it. They probably have absolutely no clue what getting 'low' is at all... -_-
Music is getting more and more..erm..odd day by day. I mean 'Sensual Seduction' (and that's the CLEAN version of the real song!), 'Love in this Club' (Umm..why would you want to have intercourse with someone in public..tacky, much?), 'The way I Are' (First of all, grammar issues, and stripping), 'Touch my Body' (just look at song title), and 'Rock Star' (It talks about how the 'girls come easy and the drugs come cheap)...those songs all play on radio stations that KIDS listen to where I live.

Kids are not only listen and sing the music, but they are INFLUENCED by it as well. Rap music is very popular nowadays, and most of it isn't exactly the most appropriate stuff around. Sex, drugs, dirty dancing, and more are what many of these hip-hop melodies. The songs make it sound like doing drugs and sex are so normal and cool..when really, teen pregnancy and drug abuse are two of the worlds leading problems. So these tunes really aren't helping, no matter how hot they may be.

That's just my opinion,

Chatterbox
oh god i know love in this club is on the radio day after day after day its boooring!

Parents these days.

Whatever happened to singing along to the oldies in the backseat? D:

When kids sing those songs, they don't know what it means (hopefully!), and although it's not good, I find it more disturbing to see 5th grade kids singing those kinds of songs. Parents shouldn't allow rap of any kind until their child has fully developed their own music taste. But believe me, I've seen enough of baggy pants and underwear showing!

Kids shouldn't be listening to rap in the first place. All it is is people talking about shooting people and sex. Parents should have a better hold on what their kids listen to.
Couldn't have said it better.

I don't see why music can't be toned down a bit or at least be a little less obvious about what they are singing. A lot of songs were so vaigue in past decades that the songs could be taken 2 ways easily. Why they need to shove the lyrics and meanings in your face now is beyond me. I think it takes a lot of the artestry out of the songs.

The last shocking song I heard was at the Gaia prom of all places. It was on the dance game. Problem was that it was the best song to use for the game. >.

I suppose I can get comfort in the fact that these in your face songs will more than likely be forgotten as they are rarely great works of musical art.

I suppose, thinking back, some of the songs I sang along to even as a teenager, I really didn't understand. It's funny now that I think about it. I almost wish someone would have saved me from myself in singing those stupid songs. Oh well..

-points index finger up- You forgot drugs.

What I hate is that most of my friends actually LIKE this stuff. They go around singing "Soulja Boy" and "Low" as their favorite songs.

But just like candy, with music you also have to throw away the rappers :]

I think rap isn't very good for young children, I just think it's trash for their brains, teching them sexual things, curse words, and more! I even think they don't know what they're singing, meaning what it means. They should have, you know, maybe a parental block, block out all that junk. :p

They are even listening to even more inappropriate songs like touch my body , love in this club, boom boom boom,etc. The boom song is on Youtube and if you listen to it, you'll find out why it's inappropiate. In fact, not only music, but sometimes even adult shows, like this kid I know who's 7 years old, he watches Family Guy.

-Temari Nara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back