Is this weird?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arhalidin

Reaction score
Every single time I taste tap water in my house, literally every single time, my brain associates it with Tamagotchi. It doesn't matter where I drink it, when I drink it, or why I drink it. If it's from my house and I drink it, something about the taste instantly makes me think "Tamagotchi!"

This happens to me, but for other things though. I don't think it's weird, there must be something about tamagotchis you're associating with drinking water.

Did you used to drink a lot of water when playing with your tama's? This usually happens when you condition yourself to associate things with each other. There must have been a time when you either drank tap water, or used tap water at some point while either playing with your tama's or even thinking about them.

It happens to me a lot. A lot of people experience the same thing with smells. A certain smell can take you back to a certain time or place, or make you think of a person. Its all conditioning. It can be done with any of the five senses. It pretty fascinating really.

I do that kind of stuff all the time. Sometimes I associate certain episodes of a TV show with Tamagotchi, Pokemon, etc because that's what I was doing at the time. Also, when I play Splatoon I sort of associate it with my TF:DT because I was playing Splatoon when I used it for the first time.

Perhaps the plastic or metal screws Tamagothis are made of have a scent that's similar to the taste of tap water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back