isn't v3 same as v4, but not the characters?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Tama Girl-

Reaction score
I REALLY REALLY want a tama v3, but I have a v4 already, (and v5, v1) sooo.. Is the tama v3 right for me? Since i already have v4? The v3's kinda look the same you know, on youtube, they have the same food as v4, and stuff right?? Please HELP!! :p

*Topic moved to 'What's On Your Mind'*

Here are the differences between v3 and v4.

Let me start from the check meter. v3s can't get any skill points, unlike v4. All of the other status screens are still there.

The feeding icon is pretty much the same, though as there are no skill points there are no foods that can increase skill points.

The toilet icon is the same as I'm sure you've guessed. Though my v3 seems to pause for about a second before scrolling across (but the actual scrolling is faster than the scrolling on the v4).

The games/activities icon has the same options (Game, Item, Shop, Password, Souvenir). One slight difference is that, on the v4, when you select it the option you selected last will be automatically highlighted. On the v3 when you select the icon the Game option will always be automatically highlighted, regardless of what you selected last.

The games are different on the v3. Here they are:

Unlocked at baby stage-

Get *musical note*- this game was also on the Japanese Keitama. Sorta like the Banker and Doctor games on the v4, you just need to move left and right using the A and C buttons to catch the musical notes and avoid the poop. This game is complete after catching 100 notes.

Unlocked at child stage-

Bump- this game was also on the v2. You need to try and press the B button when the power bar is full. If you are lucky then your Tamagotchi will beat the opponent. I find that it's a game of luck but you are far more likely to win if your Tamagotchi weighs a lot. This game is complete after 8 rounds (I think).

Unlocked at teenager stage-

Flag- this game was also on the Japanese Ouchi no Deka Tamagotchi Game King (I think). It's also on the v4. When there is an arrow pointing left, press A. When there is an arrow pointing right, press C. When there is an arrow pointing left and an arrow pointing right, press A and C simultaneously. But watch out! If the flags are short, don't press anything! And sometimes the flags will appear on the wrong sides of the screen just to trick you... This game is complete after 9 rounds (to clear one round you need to lift the flags correctly three times).

Heading- this game was also on the v2 and the Japanese Ouchi no Deka Tamagotchi Game King (I think). Move left and right using the A and C buttons. Press the B button to jump and hit the ball. This game is complete after hitting the ball 20 times.

Unlocked at adult stage-

Memory- this one's just a memory game (I think it's like the hairdresser game on the v4, but I'm not totally sure since I've never had the hairdresser job). Repeat the arrows that are shown on the screen. A is for the left arrow, B is for the up arrow and C is for the right arrow.

Sprint- this one's just a button mashing game. Press any button repeatedly and if you're lucky your Tamagotchi will win the race. I've never won this one before.

I'm pretty sure there are different items and souvenirs on the v3, as well as different shop codes.

The next icon along is Communication. The options are simple- just "Ver. 3" or "Others." Obviously, you use "Ver. 3" to communicate with other version 3s. You use "Others" to communicate to the following versions:

Ver. 1

Ver. 2

Ver. 3

Ver. 4

Ver. 4.5

Japanese Keitama (I'm pretty sure you can by selecting "Tamagotchi +" on the Keitama)

Japanese Keitama Akai (I'm pretty sure you can by selecting "Tamagotchi +" on the Keitama Akai)

On the bottom row, you have the discipline icon which functions in the same way as on the v1 and v4. Next is the medicine icon which is self-explanatory, then the lights icon which functions the same way as on the v1. The ninth icon is the Tamagotchi Notebook which is similar to the v4's, but with some differences:

- To get the items from the Gotchi King, you need to donate 5 000p for the first souvenir (in three donations or more), 12 000p for the second souvenir then 30 000p for the third souvenir.

- There's a glitch so that if you delete a friend one of your parents may be deleted- so get those parent souvenirs quickly!

- When you're looking at a parent's status, instead of showing a cellphone code (there's no cellphone item on the v3) you'll get a password for the v3 Tamatown instead.

Beware, whenever you get a password on the v3 you must write it down really quickly as it'll disappear quickly. Make sure that whenever you're about to do something that results in you getting a password for Tamatown that you have a pencil and paper handy. It's not like the v4, where you don't have to write down the password ASAP just as long as you visit the king's castle or the travel agency the next time you visit Tamatown.

NOOOOO WAY THEY ARE NOTHING ALIKE V4 HA SKILL POINTS AND JOBS AND MAIL AND NO TURN OFF THE LIGHT AND MORE ITEMS AND MORE FOOD AND MORE SNAKS AND MORE CHARACTERS :huh: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back