It happened...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it as a compliment. She said those books are above your reading level and if you can read them and actually understand the material, then more power to you.

I suppose, but I mean, she needs to be a bit more tolerant of different religions. I remember at my old school (which I'm currently trying to get back into! =D) there were TONS of different religions! Humanists, Jews, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, and more! It was a pretty nice melting pot... Here it's either Christian, Hindu, Muslim, or Orthodox... A few Baptists... Well, getting BACK on topic! My mom is already ticked off enough at this school. I was going to make something difficult for them... We're making book reports, and we get to choose the book. I was going to choose The Great Gatsby, but I wasn't sure if I COULD, so I said to the principal "Well, if I read it at home, will it be okay?" and she said she'd have to talk to the teacher about it! xD It was pretty funny.

♪~tk710

:)

Heheh...

Well, still. And is it a crime to not know what manga is? I haven't got a television and I enter a decent newsagent shop four times a year. O_O

Smile innocently at the teacher. It'll tick her off, but she can't tell you off for smiling.

God, I did that once, and it was funny! She just kinda grinded her teeth together and stared at me. Good thing looks don't kill

*teacher looks at me* *I fall down dead* Famous last words...

Oh screw that! I read manga's off my level ALL the time, Manga is usually below my level~ I read at a High School level.
Mine too. It's kinda hard to find any books that are my level. Mostly because it is the school libary and they don't have good books that are my level. I can't wait for next year, in the middle school the have manga books.

You teacher is a idiot if she owns the SAME book. My teacher doesn't approve of my having Manga, when the class went to the school library I left it on a desk and the teacher told me to put it on the FLOOR, now is that ANY way to treat a book that belongs to the city? Leaving it on a floor for people to harm? And me having to pay for it?
Never happened to me, all 3 schools I have been too (I went to Pre K at a different Elementary) never did this.
Some of my teachers don't approve of me and my friend having manga aswell.

they think it's not relly aa story, when actually, IT HAS A GREAT STORY LINE!!!

I find it quite confusing when you bring manga from home and the teacheers yell at you,

when yu take manga out of the school library they don't yell at you.

Since I am in a middle school, I have over 14 different teachers for different subjects.

I have so manyteachers names' to memorise at the beginnig of each year, then remember which one is which. :)

The second time and reason she gave annoys me. She has absolutely no right to put her religious beliefs into her classroom and tell you you can't read a book because her religion may not approve of it.

You can report her for that, and I suggest you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back