Japan Is SO LUCKY!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidRetro64

Reaction score
Now, I have plans to move to Japan soon, but I wish I did it sooner!

So, I just watched a YT vid about 4Us, and They said that all over Japan there were special points that you could scan them or connect them. This is so cool but at the same time unfair Bandai!!

Well, Bandai IS a company with origins in Japan, and the target audience for Tamagotchi is quite a bit wider over there than it is in Europe/North America, so it makes sense that they would have those features in Japan, but not elsewhere - it just wouldn't be economical!

As for moving to Japan...I would really recommend you do a school exchange someday first if that's your dream, it will really let you get a feel for living in Japan!

It's not that they're lucky or that it's unfair. Tamagotchi is a Japanese product that has originated there, and Bandai US/UK just happens to not see the reason to import the color versions to the west because they don't see it being profitable as of yet. Even if about 300 people from our western tama community told them they do want a color version, its still not enough to make an inpact.

Also, we did have connecting ("bump") stations for the Friends, at least there were some in Europe, maybe US too. And Japan didn't get these nor the Friends version at all, so I think it's fair.

As for moving to Japan, it's not that easy as you probably know. They don't really allow immigrants as is, you need either a working or a student visa to "live" there (plus they ONLY accept university degrees, not college degrees), but as moving goes, it's a long stretch. And it's not as colorful as some people might think, "outsiders" aren't treated... the best in there, and it's a very expensive country. But if you have a chance and it's your dream, definitely take it! Just remember that tamas is not everything that's there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back