Japan

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite unaware of most Japanese culture. It does interest me though.

Note: Keep away from most stereotypes of Japan. "It's all about Manga!!!" "You get to eat Pocky there!" etc. :(

Well here are some easy to know facts XP

Japan had over 70 active volcanoes

Japan is on 2 Tectonic plates, so when they move- Japan encounters a small earthquake

The biggest Earthquake happened in Kobe Japan in 1995, causing over 10,000 deaths

Japans Capitial is Tokyo (doi XD)

"Fuji" (The Volcano in Japan) Means Immortality

Anime was Inspired by Walt Disneys art (Wikipedia)

These are only a few, I got by watching the Discovery Channel, and just common sense.

Dont listen to the morons who think Japan all about Manga/Anime/J Pop. I like anime and Manga but know about Japan itself, not just the manga stuff XP

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here are some easy to know facts XP
Japan had over 70 active volcanoes

Japan is on 2 Tectonic plates, so when they move- Japan encounters a small earthquake

The biggest Earthquake happened in Kobe, causing over 10,000 deaths

Japans Capitial is Tokyo (doi XD)

"Fuji" (The Volcano in Japan) Means Immortality

Anime was Inspired by Walt Disneys art (Wikipedia)

These are only a few, I got by watching the Discovery Channel, and just common sense.

Dont listen to the morons who think Japan all about Manga/Anime/J Pop. I like anime and Manga but know about Japan itself, not just the manga stuff XP
In 1995 if I remember correctly ^.^ I did a project on that earthquake in 6th grade.

In 1995 if I remember correctly ^.^ I did a project on that earthquake in 6th grade.
I watched about that Earthquake in Science class last semester, I giggled a bit for some reason.......*edits*

I watched about that Earthquake in Science class last semester, I giggled a bit for some reason.......*edits*
It was interesting to read about. The book we read from put you in a real life situation. It went, 'You're driving over a bridge in Kobe, Japan. It's dark out and all you can see in front of you are the tail lights of the car in front of you. Suddenly the car in front of you disappears. You break to find the road in front of you is now gone. You've just experienced the biggest earthquake in Japan's history.'

It was kinda nerve racking to read ^.^' Because of that, I'm afraid to drive over bridges or on/under free-way on/off ramps.

It was interesting to read about. The book we read from put you in a real life situation. It went, 'You're driving over a bridge in Kobe, Japan. It's dark out and all you can see in front of you are the tail lights of the car in front of you. Suddenly the car in front of you disappears. You break to find the road in front of you is now gone. You've just experienced the biggest earthquake in Japan's history.'
It was kinda nerve racking to read ^.^' Because of that, I'm afraid to drive over bridges or on/under free-way on/off ramps.
I know how you feel, I fear bridges that go over bodies of water x_X If I were in Kobe at the time the earthquake happened I woul of died (Considering I wouldbe only infant XP)

Anothe fact (OBVIOUS)

Japan in one of the few countrys that is located on a Island

I know how you feel, I fear bridges that go over bodies of water x_X If I were in Kobe at the time the earthquake happened I woul of died (Considering I wouldbe only infant XP)
Anothe fact (OBVIOUS)

Japan in one of the few countrys that is located on a Island
Erm, don't you mean it's a chain of islands? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back