Japanese Angel Gotchi...screen problems?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anya

Reaction score
Okay:

I just got a japanese tamagotchi angel. I opened it up and changed the batteries.

It has hatched, but I can't select any menu icons (like food, toilet, praise, etc). The attention light goes on and it beeps and beeps... but it won't let me select any menus! Pressing (A) makes it beep. Pressing ( C ) makes it beep. ( B ) opens up the clock screen.

What the heck is wrong with it?

Its brand new....I'm so upset.

It was brand-new in packaging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay:

I just got a japanese tamagotchi angel. I opened it up and changed the batteries.

It has hatched, but I can't select any menu icons (like food, toilet, praise, etc). The attention light goes on and it beeps and beeps... but it won't let me select any menus! Pressing (A) makes it beep. Pressing ( C ) makes it beep. ( B ) opens up the clock screen.

What the heck is wrong with it?

Its brand new....I'm so upset.

It was brand-new in packaging.
Maybe the original batteries corroded the insides? Did it look like that when you opened it up to put new batteries in? Also are the batteries in correctly - I know sometimes that can make electronics freak out. They should be positive side up on both LR44s. Also if that's fine - Try the reset button?

Sorry I don't know exactly what is going on with it. :<

-Purn

I know this may seem as if I am asking obvious questions but there are some things you always need to do with an Angel before it starts properly - you mention that it has hatched so perhaps you have already pressed the reset button at the back gently to start it and set the time before the Angel descends and hatches (after around 5 minutes) - they won't hatch if you haven't re-set the time.

Anyway, it's all explained here: mimitchi.com

I hope setting the time might cure the problem.

Also its possible your your circuit board is dirty or there is something under the buttons that prevents the connection making it seem unresponsive. Good luck.

Did it look weird when you put the new batteries in? Has it even hatched yet? Did you put the batteries in wrong? If it hasn't hatched yet, set the time, if everything's OK, try using a pen or stylus or something to reset it. You'll lose your angel but it might just work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back