JD should be put out of business the fakers

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ljr1996tamagotchifreakboy

Reaction score
its not fair JD make fake tamagotchis and scam people and gewt loads of money. i wanna put them outta business so no-one else gets fooled!! have any suggestions? we could tell bandfai but i dont no the proper e mail addrewss accept from the customer services one!! that one is [email protected] ~bix~ told me. JD are taking bandais credit for tamagotchis. my friend got fooled by JD and i wanna put a stop to it. WHOS WITH ME!!??

Well it DOES have their "JD" logo on the packaging. Sure, they're using the word "tamagotchi" but some people associate ALL virtual pets with the word "tamagotchi".

Are you sure? some people call them virtual pets and JD is not allowed to use the name tamagotchi but i think they are allowed to make the design and JD make tamagotchis and call them tamagotchis cause people believe that they are genuine tamagotchis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares!? :eek: Then just don't buy those things. Everyone knows that Tamagotchi are the original virtual pets. And if you happened to get tricked by one of them, too bad. You should have looked more carefully at it (4 buttons instead of 3, no Bandai logo, etc.)

You have to realize that JD very rarely claims their fakes are tamagotchis. It is the eBay seller who sells them and claims they're "tamagotchis;" They can get away with this, most likely, because the seller can say "oh, i was misinformed" without anything really happening to them if they get called on it. Try examining a JD fake next time you see one. There is no bandai logo and there's nothing making claims of it being a tamagotchi - it's the ebay seller always makes the claim. Granted, they do sometimes have Tamagotchi characters and images on the packaging (and I'm not saying JD isn't a nasty company - it is) but perhaps the images aren't subject to copyright or something.

At any rate, Bandai is most likely aware of the fact its toy is being emulated. Heck, maybe they don't even really care. I doubt that JD is taking the market away from Bandai. Bandai doesn't get any money from tamagotchis sold through ebay. Bandai makes money of tamas being sold through stores. And since JD doesn't sell tams through stores (at least, not that I know of,) they aren't really taking any of the market away.

In the end, it's not something they can afford to get their undies tied in a knot over.

It's practically a compliment - JD emulates the tamagotchi phenomenon because really, the tamagotchi franchise is quite brilliant.

You have to realize that JD very rarely claims their fakes are tamagotchis. It is the eBay seller who sells them and claims they're "tamagotchis;" They can get away with this, most likely, because the seller can say "oh, i was misinformed" without anything really happening to them if they get called on it. Try examining a JD fake next time you see one. There is no bandai logo and there's nothing making claims of it being a tamagotchi - it's the ebay seller always makes the claim. Granted, they do sometimes have Tamagotchi characters and images on the packaging (and I'm not saying JD isn't a nasty company - it is) but perhaps the images aren't subject to copyright or something.
At any rate, Bandai is most likely aware of the fact its toy is being emulated. Heck, maybe they don't even really care. I doubt that JD is taking the market away from Bandai. Bandai doesn't get any money from tamagotchis sold through ebay. Bandai makes money of tamas being sold through stores. And since JD doesn't sell tams through stores (at least, not that I know of,) they aren't really taking any of the market away.

In the end, it's not something they can afford to get their undies tied in a knot over.

It's practically a compliment - JD emulates the tamagotchi phenomenon because really, the tamagotchi franchise is quite brilliant.
Yes, I totally agree with you! I could not say much more!

Unfortanitly, I don't know what we can do next, I mean,

they do have the "JD" on them, right? I think some very unhappy

Customers just put them on eBay, but i do think they shouldn't be making fakes. A

i didn't mean that!!! i meant my friend gotr tricked and JD are tricking loadsa ppl and they are practically selling them illegally!!
Yes... copying so closely should be illegal... but what can we do? Some Tamagotchi copies are actually nicer than we think. Sorry about your friend, but she should have been more careful.

Who cares!? :ph34r: Then just don't buy those things. Everyone knows that Tamagotchi are the original virtual pets. And if you happened to get tricked by one of them, too bad. You should have looked more carefully at it (4 buttons instead of 3, no Bandai logo, etc.)
Not everyone knows this! obviously his/her friend didn't, because then they wouldn't have bought it, but I have not seen any 'JD' tams

JD has every right to make fake Tamagotchi, as long as they don't try to sell them as Tamagotchi. The sellers on ebay call them Tamagotchi to get people to see them when they type Tamagotchi, because they wouldn't sell as much otherwise. Trying to cash in on somebody else's good idea has been going on for ages, why stop it now? Besides, you kids absolutely love Neopets without seeing the obvious fact that it's a ripoff of the Digimon toys and the Pokémon games(turn-based battling, collecting and raising monsters, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back