Jodie the Miracle cat.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cluck_cluck_chicken

Reaction score
Jodie Rosee [last name] is my cat of 4 lovely years.

Natrually when she went missing I was concerned but after well over a month of searching and posters etc nothing. After that long you give up. Everyone but myself gave up, I like to keep open mind and believe if you believe it will happen it will.

On the 14th of Jan mum into my room semi crying. Then signals me to follow her. Sitting on the old duvet in the washroom is Jodie, a pair of scissors and her collar [which mum had cut off]. The collar had got stuck under her arm and rubbed for ages creating a massive flesh wound. Happy with her being home but sad that shes been in pain for ages.

The vet said its one of the most painful wounds and hardest to treat. with a 70% chance that further work and possible sleep forever I was nervous. But my baby did it. Jodie being a very brave cat had the most sucessful outcome of the surgery to date. I knew she'd do it.

The vet said if a pets been missing for more than 2 weeks theres a 50% chance of coming home. 3 weeks is a 30% chance of coming home. A month is 20% chance and more than 5 weeks is a 10% chance + her surviving the injury shes one of the most miraculous cats hes ever seen.

She truely is my baby miracle.

---

Anyone else got a simalar story? The joy of reuniting with your precious family pet is a joy like no other =]

My oldest cat Murray got a weird wound near his crotch during the summer (my guess from fighting with Smokey the middle cat) wihch looked like a blood blister at first. We had to keep Murray from licking at it til lwe went to the vet. My mom was overly cautious because she sensed the vet we went to was a bit scalpel happy and wanted to explore surgery poor Murray cat >_> Mom said she rather take the antibiotics and give them to him for a coupel weeks. The vet agreed to that and said "well cats are remarkable healers" and boy was he right. Checking his wound 2 weeks later with his cone you wouldn't of known where that weird blister/cut thingy was unless you looked like I did. Murray was a lot happier too and went back to being himself :lol: He turned 12 in December of 2008!

Aw. I'm glad you have your cat back and she is healthy/happy again. :]]

My friend's cat has been missing for alost two months. I miss her almost as much as my friend; her cat was really young and weak.

I fret that something bad has happened to her.

Then again, she could be living with new owners right now.

My own cat, Desmond, has gotten into the backyard quite a few times (he's an indoor cat), but my dad always finds him underneath the porch.

Once Desmond realizes he has been found, he comes out and lets my dad bring him inside.

(L)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back